3rd age too rare for money?

Allbot

now this has been bothering me for a while. whats the use of making an item so rare that it cant be bought with cash? before the introduction of g.e. third age armors were expensive but easily bought with the right price, now third ages can only be trade for with other third ages or be bought with unreasonably amount of cash, im talking about hundreds of millions, and that is if your lucky! so what happened after the introduction of g.e. that skyrocked third age items price so high that it cant be bought with money? and do you think this will ever be fixed?

bedce0cd19.png

no but 3rd age is the best defense based none degradeable armour on the market atm.

Once jagex release a 75 defense armour that doesnt degrade 3a will be nothing but a status symbol (which i know it is already)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Wait - your saying that it's the GEs fault that people will pay a lot of money for 3rd age?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My theory about third age prices is that, with the release of the GE, people who, before, had been too lazy to even think about trying to get 3rd age started trying to buy it and, with increased demand, came increased prices. However, beccause the GE couldn't keep up with the rapid price rise, people started to junk trade 3rd age.

The prices continued to rise and people saw what was happening with the junk trading and the fact that people were paying much more than the GE allowed for and stopped selling. This just drove (street) prices even higher.

They'll come back down (probably fairly quickly) once the GE reaches a price that most 3rd age owners are willing to sell at (which could take quite a while at current rates).

The only fast way to get 3rd age buyable via the GE is for Jagex to go in and start raising the prices manually until people start selling again.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

The one thing that I don't like about 3rd Age is its rarity. Armor is typically meant to be used in combat, not to be left in someone's bank, rotting away. But, other than that, I think that this is the only time I'll say that Jagex should do something. Lower the prices on 3A in the GE now, so that trading can at least carry on.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

My theory about all this is...

Price manipulator clans didnt like jagex's way of doing things, so they made their own currency.

That being 3rd age.

Little by little, they bought out all 3rd age that normal sellers were selling.

In the end, almost no 3rd age excisted except for the sets all the merchanters had.

With the extreme rareness of it being gotten in clues, it is almost impossible to flood with new sets.

What i hope, is that jagex boost the drop rate of 3rd age.

I would like a 3rd age kiteshield, but im not paying 100m over the market price to get one.

Thats just plain idiotic. :roll:

The one thing that I don't like about 3rd Age is its rarity. Armor is typically meant to be used in combat, not to be left in someone's bank, rotting away. But, other than that, I think that this is the only time I'll say that Jagex should do something. Lower the prices on 3A in the GE now, so that trading can at least carry on.

LOWER?! I think you mean raise. If Jagex lowered the GE prices for 3rd age, it'd just take longer for them to become tradable on the GE again.

EDIT:

Price manipulator clans didnt like jagex's way of doing things, so they made their own currency.

That being 3rd age.

In the end, almost no 3rd age excisted except for the sets all the merchanters had.

With the extreme rareness of it being gotten in clues, it is almost impossible to flood with new sets.

I would like a 3rd age kiteshield, but im not paying 100m over the market price to get one.

It's an interesting theory and, with the merchanting clans out there now, I wouldn't throw it out completey, but I do have to point out that the amount of cash that would be required to pull that off is astronomical. 3rd age might be rare, but it's not like there are only a few hundred of each piece out there (and even if there were only a few hundred of each, it'd still require a ginormous amount of money to buy them all).

Now, I'm not against a boost in the drop rate of 3rd age. It's definitely one way to bring prices back down and make them tradable via the GE, but I do believe that the best way to fix this is to just raise the GE prices to where people start selling their 3rd age again and watch the very likely price crash and subsequent "rollercoaster"-like prices until everything levels out and restarts its natural, slow price fall.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Wait - your saying that it's the GEs fault that people will pay a lot of money for 3rd age?

no im just asking why with the introduction g.e. 3rd age suddenly became so expensive and rare that u cant buy it with money anymore.

It didn't, it's always been going up. It's rare armor and it looks decent, so people want it. Don't blame the GE for your problems.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

no im just asking why with the introduction g.e. 3rd age suddenly became so expensive and rare that u cant buy it with money anymore.

It didn't, it's always been going up. It's rare armor and it looks decent, so people want it. Don't blame the GE for your problems.

i know the price was going up before ge came out, but iirc there has never been items which u cant buy with cash before, i mean 3rd ages are more expensive than party hats before they crashed

bedce0cd19.png

i can believe that the elysian/divine shields havent come into discussion here.

some people are willing to pay a few 3rd age melee sets for one elysian shield! now thats crazy considering your point is that 3rd age cant be bought with pure cash anymore

i traded dplate for 3a melee platelegs and platebody, so keep your wits about you its not hard to get a set, my friend camped at tormented demons got 2 dclaws and got mage top and bottom too.

Take an oppertunity, or get first offer in at ge if your that desperate refresh page all day.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

3rd Age: 1/10000 Chance, level 3 clues being completed all the time (1 every few seconds?)

Sigils: 1/250-500? Chance, at most 2 Corp events happening at any given time, Corp takes probably 7 minutes a kill.

That aside, I've been wondering why players consider it useful to be traded 3a for a high value item. The ultimate objective is pure cash, right? How are you going to sell the 3rd age for cash? Get 200m+ junk? In that time you could make 500m cash. I don't see the use in 3a trading, except for getting rid of it by buying another high value item. But what If I wanted to sell my Elysian Sigil so I could buy runes for 99 magic and a Godsword? Too bad, I have this 3rd age stuff that won't do any good.

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm a little new to the concept of 3a trading.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

LOWER?! I think you mean raise. If Jagex lowered the GE prices for 3rd age, it'd just take longer for them to become tradable on the GE again.

EDIT:

That being 3rd age.

It's an interesting theory and, with the merchanting clans out there now, I wouldn't throw it out completey, but I do have to point out that the amount of cash that would be required to pull that off is astronomical. 3rd age might be rare, but it's not like there are only a few hundred of each piece out there (and even if there were only a few hundred of each, it'd still require a ginormous amount of money to buy them all).

Now, I'm not against a boost in the drop rate of 3rd age. It's definitely one way to bring prices back down and make them tradable via the GE, but I do believe that the best way to fix this is to just raise the GE prices to where people start selling their 3rd age again and watch the very likely price crash and subsequent "rollercoaster"-like prices until everything levels out and restarts its natural, slow price fall.

Oh, set the price to the junk trade price of what maybe like 20 people in the entire game are buying and selling at? Sure, if you want them to be like Party Hats, unsellable.

[hide=quotes]

EDIT:

That being 3rd age.

Oh, set the price to the junk trade price of what maybe like 20 people in the entire game are buying and selling at? Sure, if you want them to be like Party Hats, unsellable.

[/hide]

No... Raise the prices maybe 25% of the way to the street price; if that doesn't work got to 40%; if it's still not trading, go to 50%; etc. I highly doubt the point at which they start selling again is at the current street prices, but if it requires taking the prices there and then dropping them back down (which probably should be done to partyhats now that you mention them), then that's what needs to be done.

What really needs to happen is Jagex's GE team needs to go out and start doing what it's supposed to do (if it actually exists, that is): change wrong prices.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

3rd Age: 1/10000 Chance, level 3 clues being completed all the time (1 every few seconds?)

Sigils: 1/250-500? Chance, at most 2 Corp events happening at any given time, Corp takes probably 7 minutes a kill.

That aside, I've been wondering why players consider it useful to be traded 3a for a high value item. The ultimate objective is pure cash, right? How are you going to sell the 3rd age for cash? Get 200m+ junk? In that time you could make 500m cash. I don't see the use in 3a trading, except for getting rid of it by buying another high value item. But what If I wanted to sell my Elysian Sigil so I could buy runes for 99 magic and a Godsword? Too bad, I have this 3rd age stuff that won't do any good.

I really doubt the sigil drop rate is that low... or high. I think they're much more rare than you make them out to be.

1zv8k08.png

Maybe the ge prices should be raised, or the ability for the item(s) to fluctuate should be expanded.. Last time jagex upgraded the percent movements (in price) of items, zgs shot up to like 60m (it was near 65m street at the time) and crashed and settled to its current place.

Elysian shields are 1 billion gp +, and i saw a guy running through ardougne in a pvp world with full 3a (without kite) and an elysian shield on!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: there was an ancient mage trying to get him, too bad the ancienter couldn't throw tbs! :mrgreen:

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

I really doubt the sigil drop rate is that low... or high. I think they're much more rare than you make them out to be.

Well obviously I can't prove it, but I've been to Corp for 2 straight weeks now and missed 2 sigils, and heard about another one being dropped in another CC. When I go to a GWD Massacre (hilt speculated at 1/250?) I usually see hilts a bit more often. Obviously that's not complete evidence...but I'm not so sure of them being very rare.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

It should be noted an item that's say 40m in ge and 100m on street is not really worth 100m. It's real price, if one could be made, lies between the ge and street price as junk is not completely invaluable. Having junk is better than not having it. It can be merched into cash on world 2, or it can be liquidated through lending. It still has a value, just less than a gp.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

people dont understand that junk prices arnt the price you would pay if that person was able to get cash

junk is not worth nothing... takes time to make therefore someone might charge you 100mil with a junk trade with 40mil ge price, but would charge 60mil cash if it was possible

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

theres a reasonable explanation of why 3rd age items are expensive. its rare. unlike most items, they come from clue scrolls which take about 10-20 minutes to complete and the chances of getting ONE piece is about one in every 1000+ scrolls. now compare that to hilts which comes from boss monsters that only take 2 minutes to kill. also, the chances are very high compared to 3rd age considering its one in every 100-200 kills. the second reason is that they offer incredible bonuses like mage amulet which gives +5 more magic then fury and 3rd age melee that has the best crush defence in the game and DOESN'T DEGRADE.

the third reason is that its highly sought after because of its appearance and its rarity hence becoming a status symbol for wealthy merchanters. the only possible way to obtain 3rd age and if you don't want to spend hundreds of hours doing clues is to buy it with partyhats and junk. since the price is low compared to the demand, it puts the partyhats and junk into the market at the same time. which is why (in my theory) jagex isn't going to change the prices of any 3rd age items no matter how big the demand is.

i traded dplate for 3a melee platelegs and platebody, so keep your wits about you its not hard to get a set, my friend camped at tormented demons got 2 dclaws and got mage top and bottom too.

Take an oppertunity, or get first offer in at ge if your that desperate refresh page all day.

Yep, the trick is to either be first in to the GE, or like smelly said, when a new item is realeased, work your but off to get it then since it's in demand your gonna make a nice little bit of cash worth in trade value, allowing you to get 3rd age, or like i done with my d claws , add cash for 3rd age.

X_kaylin_X.png