For the ppl who THINK they been playing for 11+ years

Bmms

for all those ppl who say they been playing since 1999 or 2000 i have the facts to disprove that

Release date(s)

RuneScape 1 (Classic) - January 4th, 2001

Runescape 2 (Modern) - March 29, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runescape

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people will claim they beta tested runescape

yea i think someppl did beta test for rs1(orginal)

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif

All before RSC released first members stuff, it was called beta, so a lot of people did beta test it...

Only a small handful beta tested runescape (this includes our own Lightning) :P and this was only for a few months at the end of 2000 I believe.

Also wasn't rs2 released 30th march 04? Because I always remembered it starting on my mum's birthday.

Also just incase anyone asks - rs2 beta started Dec 1st 03. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Also wasn't rs2 released 30th march 04? Because I always ^remembered it starting on my mum's birthday.

nope it was launched on the 29 theres the update about it

http://news-web.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/newsitem.ws?id=204

kool, that information will be so useful in later life :lol:

^ i know i was messing around with Wiki and i found it:)

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif

All before RSC released first members stuff, it was called beta, so a lot of people did beta test it...

Only a small handful beta tested runescape (this includes our own Lightning) :P and this was only for a few months at the end of 2000 I believe.

)

That would be alpha testing, I believe. I remember clicking the "Click here to play" thing and above it, it said "Runescape Beta is now here!" or something similar, in 2001. I'm like 99.7 % sure it was called beta testing before members was first introduced.

)

That would be alpha testing, I believe. I remember clicking the "Click here to play" thing and above it, it said "Runescape Beta is now here!" or something similar, in 2001. I'm like 99.7 % sure it was called beta testing before members was first introduced.

Ye, you're right. Lightning was an alpha-tester.

Rs2 was launched 27th February 2002. All the info you need can be found on JAGex' own corporate site: http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

They considered that Beta? I think not, lol.

I played way before member's came out...I started before there were level restrictions on armor, so people had level 3's in addy and rune and stuff, lol. I remember people freaking out the day member's came out, and it was Taverely (whatever it's called, haven't played in like a year lol) was packed with people getting herbs to trade to Bluerose13x for rune items.

Fun times...

I think only a few people played the Beta though....F2P before members was NOT Beta.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

They considered that Beta? I think not, lol.

I think only a few people played the Beta though....F2P before members was NOT Beta.

Oh no, you said "NOT" I guess I'm wrong, this sucks, I feel like an idiot now.

um7wj.png

Actually, yeah you are right, beta was was from Jan 4th 01 till ?

Before that was alpha testing, doh I shoulda remembered that.

Rs2 was launched 27th February 2002. All the info you need can be found on JAGex' own corporate site: http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

Members was launched on 27th Feb 02, not rs2 :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

D'uh...of course ment members :oops:

rejna.png

-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Not sure when it wasn't officially called beta anymore but I always concidered it beta until members was first offered. Why sell a game that isn't tested? :)

Which is wierd because i could have sworn members came out before 2002. Memory doesn't always serve us well tho. I remember doing the dragon slayer on my 2nd character the same day members came out, and i don't remember party hat's being out before then. Oh well that was almost 4 years ago, nobody's perfect

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

The date that the Jagex website states RuneScape started was after Paul and some friends began helping out, and Jagex became a company.

RuneScape began as a MUD, but as Andrew learned more about programming he began to build RuneScape (Or what we now call RuneScape Classic). Every character from the MUD was lost and everybody had to start over, though, which really sucked. At the time I had a combat level of 84 (which was one of the highest at the time of the MUD), which was lost and I had to rebegin as a noob.

The official conversion from MUD to Graphical MMORPG was in July of 1996. I say 'official' because this was when the MUD was shut down completely and everybody had to either start playing the MMORPG or go find a new game.

Tigra00 was correct, though, in that there used to be no level restrictions on armor, so a very low leveled character in very good armor was not all too uncommon. No monsters were agressive, and with only one kind of pickaxe, rocks with infinite ore, and no aggressive monsters, a character could make money and armor rather quickly.

Most trading was done with the shops, and the ONE armor shop in Varrock sold every kind of plate, leg, helm, and shield there was. Skirts and chain weren't added to the game yet. There was also ONE weapon shop in Al Kharid which sold every type of weapon. Both shops were infinite in stock.

After awhile, Addy and Rune were deemed too weak and too powerful respectively, so both were removed from the game for some time. Andrew was smart this time and kept the game's memory of these items so that when they did get brought back, players who had them previously would have them again, free of charge.

Since then A LOT has changed, obviously. Falador, Port Sarim, and Karamja didn't even exist, and Barbarian Village was the furthest you could go until you hit a mountain (The old barriers around the world).

The wilderness has always been fairly large though, reaching what is now level 27 upon creation and what is now level 40 in just a few more weeks. It was a free-for-all back then when it came to levels, LOL. No more than two people fighting each other at a time (Clan wars were rather boring), but a level 90 could attack a level 5 anywhere in the wildy if he so desired.

Anyone claiming they have played RuneScape Classic as is for more than five years are incorrect, as it underwent heavy changes when others joined the RuneScape team. A simple question would be to ask what the most popular city was back then. (Hint: Lumbridge. Best place to fish, and used to have a mining spot and anvils, along with a bank. Couldn't smith or mine anything better mith back then, though, but you could buy it. The other cities at the time were either for buying/selling, like Varrock, or for training combat, like Al Kharid and barbarian village).

Note: I DO NOT have my original account, or he would probably rival Zezima by now, LOL. He got banned on accusation of macroing because I didn't answer any messages directed towards me. I was ignoring my chat, LOL, and then all of a sudden my character logged out and when i tried to relog I was banned. After my sending of an email to Andrew less than five minutes later to try and explain what happened, I was told it would be best to start a new character and not bother him with any more lies or he would ban my IP. Nowadays, IP bans don't happen and Andrew is much nicer. It is a company now, he could be sued, LOL :P

Amarant Kenaston

A really great and informative post, Amarantamin! Thank you :D

rejna.png