Certain topics loading particularly slowly

I am partially posting this to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

Within the last couple of weeks there have been around 5 topics in total (haven't noticed a rule for which are affected) that have simply refused to open for me after a while. I have no problem loading every other topic on the forum, nor do I have a problem with doing anything like replying, reporting etc.

It doesn't matter whether it has several pages or not; it has happened with multi and single page topics. I have tried loading them on another machine in this house but it has not worked either. One of the topics that is affected for me right now is the MP3 player one in off topic (topic 530435). It doesn't seem to even get halfway and load the title of the page, as my browser has done when it has been failing with other sites. I had been able to access this particular topic until it reached around 6 replies.

Input? Similar experiences?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

A few days that seemed to be happening with me. Repeatedly I kept trying to load one specific topic, and I thought the forums were down since it wasn't really loading, but then I went back to the main page and other pages loaded fine while that one thread wouldn't load.

Wow Anesthesia, the same exact thing was happening to me with the same topic. Its better now, but earlier whenever I tried to view it, it wouldn't show. I then clicked back to the main page and surfed other topics without trouble. It's quite random and strange. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed.

Slayer500 / 23M+ Prayer XP / 126 Combat in Spring '06

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is considered 'necroposting', but it's relevant to the topic at hand.

I myself have noticed that I can't get into the current Price Check topic. Well, the first page at least. I've tried multiple ways of doing it, on multiple computers. (I work at a LAN center and have access to 16 different computers). I can't open the first page of that topic AT ALL. Maybe it has something to do with the way the topic itself is set up, or something, I dunno. I've had trouble with it before.

Basically, what happens is, I click on the link. It starts loading. Then less than one second later, the status bar on the bottom says 'Done', but I see a blank page. No error message of any kind (404 or otherwise). I go, click on another topic, and that one loads fine and quickly.

Maybe it should be looked at? I mean, I'm not sure if it's just me or not. But if other's have a problem with it, it should definitely be looked at.

I've also noticed the problem. I can't use FuBai's safe spot guide anymore.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=373132

It shows up as a blank page. I tried FireFox and can't get it to work either.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• 3 weeks later...

not a single link in this topic load slowly for me , maybe its time you folks upgrade your internet service :P

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

not a single link in this topic load slowly for me , maybe its time you folks upgrade your internet service :P

ROTFLMDLFCYAO... Not everyone has $30/month to spend on basics like DSL... :P

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The "Who?" topic has been not loading for me all day. It's not my internet service, since every other link I've clicked on today has loaded instantly.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I've had it with several topics as well. Yesterday I had it with the "Who?" topic, right after I posted on it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It happens for around a day at a time. It isn't our ISPs - I receive over a 10Mbit share of a 10Gbit connection in the uni computer labs.

Also, it is more than a coincidence that several of us, in different countries, have had the same problem with the same topic within 24 hours.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Well you seemed to have missed my point , I cant likely diagnose a problem that I am unable to duplicate.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

The "Who?" topic has been not loading for me all day. It's not my internet service, since every other link I've clicked on today has loaded instantly.

Similarly, I've had a topic that woudn't load at all yesterday over a time span of a few hours. Everything else loaded fine. Just that one topic wouldn't load for some reason.

I've has some topics load particularly slowy on my dialup line, but this was due to the pages loading the images first. Why, I have no idea. It's a similar problem, but I've never had any topics just not load at all, there's always been status bar activity showing image loads.

One thing I can confirm causing pages to load slow are those damn burstnet ads. Even if you blackhole the things (sorry, i *hate* burstnet ads), it can still cause the pages to hang for a very long time while your browser waits for a timeout. Using a float'ed table like the main tip.it website does for the ads would stop that from happening since the page is loaded before the ad.

I think some links to topics this is happening on would be helpfull. There were a few early on, but those are now weeks old. :?

Using a float'ed table like the main tip.it website does for the ads would stop that from happening since the page is loaded before the ad.

W00t someone noticed how I coded that :P A more practical approach would be to address the advertising directly if it is found that is what is causing this problem.

One thing I can confirm causing pages to load slow are those damn burstnet ads. Even if you blackhole the things (sorry, i *hate* burstnet ads), it can still cause the pages to hang for a very long time while your browser waits for a timeout. Using a float'ed table like the main tip.it website does for the ads would stop that from happening since the page is loaded before the ad.

I noted about that here also: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3762471#3762471 ....... It was somehow pertinent to the discussion as of when I posted earlier today.

I hate those ads too. Sometimes I have to end task, and that causes damage, which ticks me the #@%$ off. Burstnet adverts are designed to do as the website url says... to "burst" your system's limits and make it useless. :x

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)