A guide to ankous: one of runescape's best kept secrets.

Bludragon124

Table of Contents

1.0. Introduction to ankous.

2.0. Location.

3.0. Rewards from ankou killing.

4.0. What to wear.

5.0. What to bring.

6.0. Helpful hints.

7.0. Acknowledgments and credits.

8.0. Closing Words

1.0: ankous. why kill them?

Well, it's simple really. For the experience and the money. Some of you may have barely heard of ankous before this guide. In my opinion, they are a rather well kept secret. Ankous are easy, hit rarely, and their max hit is only eight. In this guide, I will give you the specifics on what to bring, what to wear, and what to expect from these monsters.

2.0: Location. Ankous are located in the bottom level of the security stronghold, and are levels 75, 82, and 86. This guide will focus on a spot with the 75s, as the others all have ghosts and skeletons peppered in with them. The location of this spot is:

sepulchreofdeathba0.gif

You can also see the other places, if you would like to dabble in the other ankous.

3.0 The drops.

The rewards are quite nice, with blood rune, death rune, pure essence, mithril ore drops quite often. they also drop level three clue scrolls, which is a nice reason to kill them in itself. Here is a full list of drops and information.

ankoudropswm9.gif

4.0: What to wear. you can basically wear whatever you would like, depending on your combat level, but i will post my favorite combination.

whattowearkv4.gif

You can wear things better or worse, but i opt for rune, as it doesn't degrade, and i have bones to peaches unlocked for extended stays.

if you do not have a salve amulet, bring the best one you have instead. if you do not have a rune defender, use an obsidian or rune kite shield... etc. just substitute what you have.

5.0: What to bring.

whattobringnv9.gif

Naturally you can modify this any way necessary, the runes are for casting bones to peaches. You can substitute the food for most anything, because they do not hit often or hard. Potions you can also bring, and a teleport is taken care of with the lumbridge home teleport.

The best thing to have unlocked ever for ankous is bones to peaches. because they drop normal bones, you can instantly convert all normal bones in your inventory into free food. Peaches heal 8hp each, take 2 nature runes and 3 earth and 3 water runes to cast the spell, and it is level 60 magic to cast. You can also get bones to peaches tablets from somebody who has unlocked the spell and has the best lectern available. I have unlocked the spell, and it is incredibly useful. killing ankous gives me 30-40k+ experience an hour.

Tip.It for providing the pictures of the dungeon and monster drops.

Ankous for being so wonderful to kill.

Myself for making this guide.

All of my friends for being so great to me ( you know who you are) <3:

All in all, Ankous are very good to kill. I can get about 250+ bloods, deaths, and pure essence each trip. And because I have bones to peaches, I can stay even longer than that if I want to. the experience is also a factor, you can whip right through these guys getting 30-40+ experience an hour.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I had these for slayer once and was extremely frustrated with all the ghosts that kept getting in my way.

I didn't know there was a spot where Ankous are alone. Thanks for the great tip :).

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

I know its selfish but somethings are meant to be kept a secret, theres also a range spot which im keeping secret till i got 70 ranged....

Lmao, you act like it is a big secret. The skeleton near the red dot can be used as a safespot.

deathmapaj4.gif

Your welcome.

single_skill1165709744.png

I know its selfish but somethings are meant to be kept a secret, theres also a range spot which im keeping secret till i got 70 ranged....

Lmao, you act like it is a big secret. The skeleton near the red dot can be used as a safespot.

deathmapaj4.gif

Your welcome.

:lol: Owned.

Btw, very nice guide, mostly for f2p imo, but still pretty good.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

well, for f2p these are not great training.. this is aimed at p2p.

try ankous, you'll be addicted :) i've gone from 85-91 attack on them.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

deathmapaj4.gif

Your welcome.

although they drop clues but they drop them far less than others. i once used hally at the safespot but i only got 1 clue i like 3 days:( but they drop deaths and bloods VERY often

A rejected invention--- instant water!!!jus add water!!!

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

suyihai0.png

deathmapaj4.gif

Your welcome.

although they drop clues but they drop them far less than others. i once used hally at the safespot but i only got 1 clue i like 3 days:( but they drop deaths and bloods VERY often

Clues aren't exactl meant to be common though are they...

runemrune,Mr%20Vegetabl2.gif

Legends Quest Completed 4th April 2007 Combat Level 79

Visit my blog! The MrVegetable Diaries

Ankous are really useful, and as you say, isnt really crowded. I personally bring 3-4 lobster, a couple of super set and guthan set. Lets me stay for hours before stopping. Food is if guthan wont heal. Never tried B-P, it sounds good though.

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah they drop laws(4 piles of 2 in a row) often

btw who on earth said that ankous r not aimed at f2p?

well of course u can kill them on f2p as well as u can kill on p2p

just bring full rune and salmon/trout and about 500 feathers if u want to last long.

am i flaming or spamming :uhh:

this is no big secret :wink: . I've known about ankous for a while. I noticed that the drops for p2p are really different than f2p. When they came out, on f2p i managed to get a skull half in 25 kills and lots of addy arrows. on p2p, i did an ankou slayer assignment (100 or so ankous) and didnt get a single addy arrow or skull half. I didnt get a clue either :evil: .

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!