The New Improved General Store!

Guest ShadowClawe

Guest ShadowClawe

Tired of saying:

"Selling rune plate 65k! Selling rune plate 65k! Selling rune plate 65k!

??????

Well, now you won't have to!

A new general stores coming to town, where players can either sell to the general store like normal, or they can post a price. I mean who would want to sell a Rune Platebody to the general store for 25k? But it won't be whatever price you post, you get. Otherwise people would post ashes for 1M. Lol. There would be a time limit for someone to buy that item for the price posted by the player, and when the time limit is up, then the item goes back to the seller, comes out of the general store, and he must either resell it or accept defeat.

untitledav0.png

This will seriously help people trying to get rid of stuff that they know people will buy, and dont have the time to sell to others. It also will help buyers who want to buy at a price less than the general store offers, which is usually the price of another player's post.

The general store part is for people who know that its not that valuable an item, and won't get that much more than what they would post it for, and who also want the money immediately, rather than waiting for someone to buy it. An example for this is someone who wants to sell one bronze bar and just wants the whatever 10 coins immediately. Or for instance, if a general store has basically no population.

When you put your cursor over an item in the Other Players section, then something like this:

untitled2hz5.png

will pop up.

The price is what the seller posted. The item is, well, the item O:) And the name is the name of the seller.

Ill leave this as it is for now until some responses come in.

What about tab browsing? Maybe a 'tab' for each skill and one for 'misc' so you can find certain items based on what skill they're for. At least it would cut down the amount of items you're viewing to a certain extent.

There could also be a "stock cap" in the General Store. Like there can only be 500 items in at a time. If the store is full and you want to sell your item, you'll either have to wait for a space to fill up or switch worlds.

Yes. Exactly.

Hey,

nice Idea, but isn't it a better idea to use a new store such as an auction house and leave the nice shopkeepers alone? You'd have more auction space

and the interface could be improved (new improved) and give it a better look overall,

just an idea :roll:

MTH66

Yeah, thats a good idea...

But...

Then what would be the use of the general stores?

Maybe make special places in the usual crowds of merchants called "Markets" (Surrounding Varrock West bank, etc.). The same thing said; you put up an item, set a price, wait for it to be bought. You must stay in the market until the item is bought or else the item is automatically taken off the market. There are different stalls for different categories, each one covering an extractive process (Woodcutting; Fishing; Mining; Farming) and a manufacturing process (Fletching and Construction; Cooking; Smithing, Crafting and Runecrafting; Herblore; respectively). Then there would be the basic merchanting stalls: Treasure Trails, Rares. Hunting may or may not need it's own stall, I do not really know much about it. Another thing to add could be where you buy something. You set a maximum price you will buy for, a minimum and/or maximum amount, then anyone who puts something up that meets the requirements is automatically bought. You must have enough gp to buy the item in your inventory and enough space for the item, any item that can be noted is automatically noted. Once you buy/sell something on the market, it is not automatically accepted. You go into a trade window with the other person, with the trade window chat box suggested on these forums (Unfortunately I cannot remember creator's name, will edit in later). Both items/gp are already offered. Then it is just a regular trade from there. Even more things to add are tabs that swap between buying/selling markets (actualy it is essential), ability to organize market by player/item/price/etc.

If you were to log out while in market, any item you had posted is automatically taken off. Seeing as the item is never actually taken from your inventory until you get to the trade window, there is next to no danger of losing your item through a minor glitch.

This is more of a match-making service for buyers and sellers, much like the official forums but in-game, F2p, more organized and gets straight to the point.

If this is stretching the idea way too much, tell me and I will make a new thread, but still credit ShadowClawe ::'

Hey! Not a bad idea! Ok lets have it your idea! If you log out with one of your items in the store, it is removed immediately. Excellent!

Everyone put this in your sig!

fallygenstorezz9.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=624944][img=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/115/fallygenstorezz9.gif][/url]

Ty tripsis for the sig!

P.S. Sorry if the pictures look like junk :thumbsup:

P.S.S. Ugh I cant get the support sig into mine the file size is too large. The only way to get it in there is to remove my 27.5kb stat sig, whom I love :-k

lol

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! making a siggy for shizzle ma nizzle!

w0ot first post :thumbsup:

[Edit] nevermind, making that siggy with all the clone stamping messes with my mind. i'll go play runescape and get a bigger headache.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Love it, but next time use imageshack or something so we don't have to click to see the pictures :wink:

Great idea!! :thumbsup: I made a very basic signature. You don't have to use it, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do ::'

fallygenstorezz9.gif

[img=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/115/fallygenstorezz9.gif]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Not sure if it classifies as "Player-owned stores" but great idea :)

I don't think so, it's more like a complex branch of the General Store. Since people aren't really hosting their own, I suppose ::' Besides, this is more thought-out than most player-owned store ideas. Most people just post one sentence stating that they should be implemented. So unless another moderator/administrator disagrees, I think it's fine ::'

And I'm glad you like the signature, Gyroman26 :D <3:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

what if the your inventory is full and the general store item expires?

will it go to the bank ?

if it goes to the bank the general store will act as a deposit box

yea pretty much a good idea

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

wasnt there already a auction house idee?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

great idea i support

and great sig i'm gonne use it

One problem, there's no link :P. However, subtle to the rescue!

fallygenstorezz9.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=624944][img=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/115/fallygenstorezz9.gif][/url]

Yes, I support this as I think it would be really helpful. I mean, blue partyhats are worth 2gp in General Stores!

tankmz6.jpg

great idea i support

and great sig i'm gonne use it

One problem, there's no link :P. However, subtle to the rescue!

fallygenstorezz9.gif

Yes, I support this as I think it would be really helpful. I mean, blue partyhats are worth 2gp in General Stores!

thx no wonder it didn't work when i tried to click it

#-o :wall: #-o :wall:

Gyroman25.gif

Guest ShadowClawe

Wow, a lot of replies. And I thought i was a noob! :wink:

Thanks for the sig tripsis.

will it go to the bank ?

Maybe the item won't leave your inventory until it is sold...

will it go to the bank ?

It could be a "ghost" item reminding you you still have that in the store. Maybe also you could withdraw the item from the store if you change your mind!

tankmz6.jpg

will it go to the bank ?

what if both your inventory and your bank are full? i have thought of it after doing my player owned store thing (which is now locked)

woops someone answered that!

ok, maybe you would have a "for sale" part of your bank, separated by a line. those items are still counted in your bank space. you can either

* withdraw the item ( not on sale anymore)

*transfer the item to bank.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Guest ShadowClawe

will it go to the bank ?

It could be a "ghost" item reminding you you still have that in the store. Maybe also you could withdraw the item from the store if you change your mind!

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe items that the seller has posted to the store and no one has bought yet would look like this:

another question... what if 2000 players are trying to sell 3 diferent items in there (world 1-12) then it will just be stupid to need to look at 6000 items... and check the prices they sell for...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

another question... what if 2000 players are trying to sell 3 diferent items in there (world 1-12) then it will just be stupid to need to look at 6000 items... and check the prices they sell for...

That is something that should be thought out. To make items a bit more organized though, what about tab browsing? Maybe a 'tab' for each skill and one for 'misc' so you can find certain items based on what skill they're for. At least it would cut down the amount of items you're viewing to a certain extent.

Posted Image

That is something that should be thought out. To make items a bit more organized though, what about tab browsing? Maybe a 'tab' for each skill and one for 'misc' so you can find certain items based on what skill they're for. At least it would cut down the amount of items you're viewing to a certain extent.

yeah that would make it more organized

but 2000 people is a whole world i don't think everyone is going to sell their items at the same time.

Gyroman25.gif