Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

24-Oct-2012 - Halloween 2012: Haunted Houses

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
This year's Halloween event is a community-led battle between the forces of evil - Team Heinous - and the forces of good - Team Righteous. Exorcise errant spirits and collect globules of ghostly goo for your chosen side to decide the fates of Varrock and Falador. Contribute enough and you'll earn a set of monk's robes and an ectoplasmator, which gives extra Prayer XP when fighting ghosts and spirits!

Haunted Houses (Free-to-Play and Members)

It's that time of year again: the veil between worlds waxes thin and restless souls wander the night.

No-one's happier about that than Brother Heinous. This mad monk's planning to collect the essence of these ghosts to fuel a curse against Falador and Varrock, and he needs a horde of unscrupulous minions to help him gather ectoplasm for his vile ritual. The only foil to his foul plan is Brother Righteous: a Saradominist monk who's also seeking ectoplasm to strengthen the magical barriers protecting the two towns.

This is where you come in. Once you've reported to your chosen monk in either Falador or Varrock, listen out for the global announcements in your chat window every 2 hours, indicating spectral incursions across Gielinor. When this happens, ghosts will spawn in houses across the world. They're easily exorcised with a right-click and reduced to ectoplasm, but you'll have to find them first! Speak to the monks for clues, work together with your friends, and get hunting for those haunted houses!

Bring back enough ectoplasm and you'll not only increase the score of your chosen side - which will be tracked throughout the event by our Community Team - but you'll also earn points to spend on robes to show off your allegiance to Team Heinous or Team Righteous. The robes' colours can be switched on the fly, for the morally flexible among you.

Collect the whole set, and you'll earn the right to buy an ectoplasmator. This strange device will give you Prayer XP for each ghost you kill, much as a bonecrusher would for a creature that drops bones. You can only claim the item while wearing a full set of robes, of a colour linked to the side you're claiming the item from: wear the unhallowed version to claim it from Brother Heinous, or the hallowed version to claim it from Brother Righteous.

It's going to be the side with the most support that prevails, so get involved with the community to further your chosen cause! The RuneScape Community Team are running dual campaigns for the duration of this event: Mod Sabre representing the cackling hordes of Team Heinous and Mod Mike the dewy-eyed defenders of Team Righteous. Visit your thread of choice to pledge your support.

Mod Wilson

How to start seeking out Haunted Houses

Speak to Brother Heinous or Brother Righteous, in either Varrock Square or Falador Park.

Listen out for announcements every 2 hours and seek out ghosts in the houses of Gielinor. Speak to the monks for clues.

The ghosts can only be seen from close up, and will only spawn in buildings in built-up areas. Team up to find them!

Requirements

Free players and members alike can participate and claim the cape, but you must be on a members' world to claim the full set and the ectoplasmator.

In Other News

From Friday, there'll be a range of spooky delights available on the Squeal of Fortune. These include creepy candy that'd give a zombie a sugar rush, a ghoulish mask that can turn you into an incorporeal entity, and much more!

Solomon's selling an infernally amazing range of armour and weapon reskins inspired by that hellacious lord of the Abyss, K'ril Tsutsaroth. If you like your gear spiky, dark and just plain spectacular, indulge in a set or two at Solomon's General Store.

Random events will no longer activate in the game:
If you are in an event upon log-in, you will still need to complete the event.

It is no longer possible to obtain points towards random event costumes and emotes. You will still be able to spend any remaining points for the immediate future, and we encourage you to do so.
Another method of obtaining the costumes and emotes will be introduced to the game in the near future.
All music tracks linked to random events will be automatically unlocked.

Patch notes:

Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Moss Giant Whipper

• 2,998 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Keyword: no more random events. And I wonder what will happen with the costumes...Solomon's?

Can games be art?
---
My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings!  I always appreciate comments/feedback.
Its_Arceus.png

2014_10.png

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
I'm so going to miss my free genie xp lamps. :sad:

Icelandicgal10
[ Display Name History ]

Icelandicgal10

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,493 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
  • RSN2:SoF Serve
  • Clan:Decimus
NO MORE RANDOMS

Best. News. Ever

~Le mad. It's here~

ctyvS.jpg

2000000000.png

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Veyra
Holy [bleep].

After all these years...no randoms. O_O

7fKAC5R.png

You should totally read my personal blog:

A Series of Various Events

Most Recent Entry - Spring's A-Coming, My Future Isn't.

A story of my life, and how it makes you feel better about yourself. Also follow it. <3

99 Farming - 11th June 2014

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,376 posts
  • RSN:Daxter
N-n-no more randoms? B-b-but.. My free exp every now and again!

IAM_zps5081dd8d.png

Got my own theme music, it plays wherever I are.

Last.fm

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Does this mean they have activated more of botwatch? Can we expect to see more than just adbots at Botany Bay?

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 6,397 posts
  • RSN:Gwynrwyn
  • RSN2:Alonai
  • RSN '07:Gwynrwyn
Posted Image

6Ij0n.jpg

[bleep] this generation thats all about instant gratification.

Lord Slayas
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Slayas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • RSN:Lord Slayas
  • RSN2:Satan is Sin
  • Clan:Monks Of Shadow

Keyword: no more random events. And I wonder what will happen with the costumes...Solomon's?

Willing to bet they will be on Solomon's for sale.... or possibly, but less likely, squeal of fortune prizes.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Icelandicgal10
[ Display Name History ]

Icelandicgal10

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,493 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod
  • RSN2:SoF Serve
  • Clan:Decimus
For those playing at home, the Halloween event isn't a Completionist Requirement.

ctyvS.jpg

2000000000.png

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,187 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

Willing to bet they will be on Solomon's for sale.... or possibly, but less likely, squeal of fortune prizes.

I can't see this happening. Removing content and making it a micro transaction would cause such a massive shitstorm.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 4,428 posts
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
No more randoms? Dag. Now I'll have to train Prayer properly. :P

I don't like that the holiday events are leaning more and more towards members. It used to be that everyone could get the rewards, then they started introducing a special members-only reward every so often, then during every event, and now non-members only get a cape? What happened to the holiday events being fun diversions to bring the community together?

I can't see this happening. Removing content and making it a micro transaction would cause such a massive shitstorm.

I don't see why. I'm sure pretty much everyone already has every piece of random outfit clothing that they would have wanted. As long as they don't take the random outfits I already have away and try to make me pay for them, they can do what they want.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image Posted Image

THE places for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Moss Giant Whipper

• 2,998 posts

I don't like that the holiday events are leaning more and more towards members. It used to be that everyone could get the rewards, then they started introducing a special members-only reward every so often, then during every event, and now non-members only get a cape? What happened to the holiday events being fun diversions to bring the community together?

You must be an optimist, because I'm thinking: Thank goodness for no microtransactions with this..

Can games be art?
---
My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings!  I always appreciate comments/feedback.
Its_Arceus.png

2014_10.png

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
Random event part is good but I realy don't like free/members holiday events reward separation.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 4,428 posts
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

You must be an optimist, because I'm thinking: Thank goodness for no microtransactions with this..

Well, there are new SoF additions. ;)

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image Posted Image

THE places for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Moss Giant Whipper

• 2,998 posts

Well, there are new SoF additions. Posted Image

I guess so, but at least it's kicked to the Other News section now <_<.

Can games be art?
---
Its_Arceus.png

2014_10.png

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,187 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

That and all the recent holiday events have been centred around a repeatable timed event. Quest orientated holiday events were far better than these D&D styled ones.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • RSN:Pinata
Aww no more randoms.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving

- Agility - Crafting

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
Crap Halloween update drops

All anyone can talk about is lack of randoms.

Good times.

MTheory
[ Display Name History ]

MTheory

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • RSN:Laplacian
No more maze and gravedigger =]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic