Tip.It Times: 15 Feb 2009 "Mark Gerhard & Scams Addressed"

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

The first article was amazing. It was amazing how much undeserved praise the author managed to heap upon the new CEO. True, he removed video adverts. But come ON. That was a minor update that ONLY affected Free Players. And everything else he's done so far? Affirmed Runescape is not for kids and told us that Free to Play is not a demo. Great, freakin' job. All that other stuff he promised could simply be lip service and we won't find out for several months without the BTS to tell us what's coming.

Don't get me wrong. He could be the best thing for Runescape since RS2 rolled around. But I can't help but be skeptical. People have compared him to Obama. He has promised change and everyone's really, really, really excited about that. But maybe, like Obama, his promises will be delayed and given the qualifier "maybe."

In the end, the first article was an excellent display of counting your chickens before they hatch.

P.S. That fantastic amount paid out to each customer service employee? That's about as much as the average U.S. teacher makes. A profession which is notorious for being the lowest paying degree requiring job.

The second article was good, but a wee bit short. It told us how scams have affected Runescape's development. Very good!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well Jagex phoned me up to about MechScape World which is something which never happened under Iddison, so I'd say he's been doing well so far.

I don't wanna sound rude or anything but... who are you?

You always post a bunch of inside facts about Jagex as a company, so do you work there, or are you just resourceful? :-#

In any case I liked all the articles this week, but my favorite one was the invisible History Article written by yours truly.

Well Jagex phoned me up to about MechScape World which is something which never happened under Iddison, so I'd say he's been doing well so far.

You always post a bunch of inside facts about Jagex as a company, so do you work there, or are you just resourceful? :-#

In any case I liked all the articles this week, but my favorite one was the invisible History Article written by yours truly.

He runs Mechscape world, but the "Jagex phoned me up" thing is an extension of his ego. Jagex doesn't "phone people up", otherwise Tip.It would be phoned up every week.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

He runs Mechscape world, but the "Jagex phoned me up" thing is an extension of his ego. Jagex doesn't "phone people up", otherwise Tip.It would be phoned up every week.

They didn't just phone me up randomly, it was arranged first via e-mail. It's not like they have me on speed-dial, they just wanted to open up communications with MechScape World prior to the launch of the game.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

They didn't just phone me up randomly, it was arranged first via e-mail. It's not like they have me on speed-dial, they just wanted to open up communications with MechScape World prior to the launch of the game.

What's that in your signature? "Trust but verify?" I think I'll do that, thank you very much. We need some verification before we believe you.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

What's that in your signature? "Trust but verify?" I think I'll do that, thank you very much. We need some verification before we believe you.

Sorry, I can't provide any proof. If you look at the site and the work I've done researching and the reputation I've built up by having the first MechScape fansite I hope you decide that I wouldn't jeopardise that by lying, but if you don't believe me then I totally understand. If content from the Jagex Q&A ends up on the RuneScape site would that be sufficient verification?

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Good articles, but the first one seemed almost like an attempt to kiss up, not that this guy seems bad or anything, but the article gave the image that this guy is flawless

I say he does deserve our respect, that's for certain, but I think even if he reads this he'll see it as an attempt to suck up, the majority of the article was build up on everything he said, and praising every word

Although even after saying that I can understand why this article would want to make a good impression of the guy, and make him seem great

- make a good image of him in the beginning and it will carry on for most of his career

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

To RE: the future of runescape, I believe the author was not neutral enough, it seemed like a praise article and not a full review. Also, I would be interested to hear input on the possible loss of loyalty to runescape due to Andrew, the head our characters grew up with, is no longer in command(possibly fired, I don't know).

I also don't like how the author said "insulted the vocabulary of middle schoolers". I know a lot of middle schoolers who don't use the newly uncensored words, as well as high schoolers and adults. Now, I drop f bombs all the time, but I Think its prejudice to say that(the aforementioned phrase), because it implies that they use language which is offensive(yes, I know my f bombs are offensive to people)

The scam article from necromangus-Very nice, I was very annoyed by catherby's recent article complaining that jagex didn't do enough to remove the "kid gloves"(another stereotype, he assumes that children are the only people who get scammed, while it is the adults who have things on oil cans that say"do not drink") and I feel necro responded to it at the end, but I would of liked more.

The third fiction article about vampires-I throughly enjoyed this one, I am fascinated with vampires, especially humanesque, good vampires. I usually don't read the fiction ones, but this time I did.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

Read the first two and liked them a lot. I didn't know that Jmods used to not have the golden crown next to their name. Nice reads. I hate Runescape fictional articles though. :?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

To RE: the future of runescape, I believe the author was not neutral enough, it seemed like a praise article and not a full review. Also, I would be interested to hear input on the possible loss of loyalty to runescape due to Andrew, the head our characters grew up with, is no longer in command(possibly fired, I don't know).

I also don't like how the author said "insulted the vocabulary of middle schoolers". I know a lot of middle schoolers who don't use the newly uncensored words, as well as high schoolers and adults. Now, I drop f bombs all the time, but I Think its prejudice to say that(the aforementioned phrase), because it implies that they use language which is offensive(yes, I know my f bombs are offensive to people)

The scam article from necromangus-Very nice, I was very annoyed by catherby's recent article complaining that jagex didn't do enough to remove the "kid gloves"(another stereotype, he assumes that children are the only people who get scammed, while it is the adults who have things on oil cans that say"do not drink") and I feel necro responded to it at the end, but I would of liked more.

The third fiction article about vampires-I throughly enjoyed this one, I am fascinated with vampires, especially humanesque, good vampires. I usually don't read the fiction ones, but this time I did.

The censor often starred out perfectly fine words that resembled a swear or sounded like one. The benefit from the un-censoring isn't that we can now swear, but that there are many less "accidental" censors.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Andrew's not fired or anything, and he was never CEO, or hasn't been CEO for a long time. He was and still is on the board of directors and is the primary stockholder. So he still is "in charge" because of that.

Sorry, I can't provide any proof. If you look at the site and the work I've done researching and the reputation I've built up by having the first MechScape fansite I hope you decide that I wouldn't jeopardise that by lying, but if you don't believe me then I totally understand. If content from the Jagex Q&A ends up on the RuneScape site would that be sufficient verification?

I've been messaged by them concerning Planet FunOrb, but only through the Account Management center. If what you're saying is true, that does show a lot for Mechscape World.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I disagreed with everything in the first article mainly:

Does fighting dragons have to involve blood and sex? No.

Yes.

Really though, the article just seemed really biased and corny. With the all the "This author laughed out loud" and stuff and things like " You want to make RS a better and brighter? Let's do it together" were just lame. I would have rather seen an objective letter than a subjective one.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

It's easy to be carried away by the great style of writing that the new CEO has- I was myself. What we must ask ourselves, however, is 'will any of this affect our gameplay?'. As lovely as his opening post is, I can't help to think that there'll be a large degree of hot air in what he's said. I'm no pessimist, but I doubt that telling us how long it takes to get to 99 in all skills will actually do much for us. Here's another statistic, Mark: The average intelligent reader will be swept away for about 2000 miliseconds.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

In regards to the Mark Gerhard article: Keep in mind, it is the author's own thoughts on the matter, thus the reason why it's subjective. You don't have to agree with it. Personally I'm taking Mr. Gerhard's speech as a way of just trying to introduce himself and try to get into the community spirit as soon as he can. Sure his speech may seem out of this world and full of promises we're not sure he'll keep, but we won't know that until later on. He has only been CEO now for a couple of weeks, so give him some time. Not everything can happen overnight. :P

If you don't like Mr. Gerhard, that's fine. If you like Mr. Gerhard, that's fine too. No one's forced to love or hate the guy. Just be respectful that's all.

And guys, please don't use this thread as a means to try to speculate who "me" is. This thread is not for that purpose. :P If you're dying to know who he is and what he does, a PM should suffice, not hijacking a thread on the Tip.it Times or any other thread on the forum.

When he said "Phoned" he meant that Jagex used a phone and used it to call his phone up, his friend phoned Jagex too and recorded it and set it up as a .wav on Ren's forum.

Go to Ren's site to listen to it 8-)