Bounty Worlds

Kimberly

Following today's update (more can be read here) new PvP-style worlds were added. More importantly, these new additional worlds are modelled after the old wilderness.

For clanners, this has potential.

My question I pose to you all is this: do you expect a significant increase in clan activity on Bounty Worlds?

[b]Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?[/b]:

[b]Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.[/b]:

[b]Do you think they will/should add more BWs?[/b]:

[b]What's your overall opinion of the BW?[/b]:

hzvjpwS.gif

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: For years my dear :P

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: Hope so, only time will tell though

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: Every world should be a bounty world

What's your overall opinion of the BW? Hi old rs? :D

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Yes

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: For PKing yes, for clans no. Since the target can steal away from combat this could be awkward for PKing and nobody going to sit in multi waiting for a clan to attack them.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: No.

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: I don't really care, I'm not into PKing anyway except I'm glad about the end of AFKing for drop potential. People might have to work for money then. :thumbup:

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?:No, I haven't.

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.:

I hope so. It appears to be very popular already.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?:

If popularity demands it, then yes they will.

What's your overall opinion of the BW?:I haven't tried them out personally, once I do I will have an opinion.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Of course. I didn't like how there were so many worlds so people could hide easily but it was good fun.

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: No, I don't expect it to be successful. I haven't logged on yet to inspect it but according to our ex-MB'ers, it's just the same as PvP worlds, if not worse.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: Even if BH is rubbish, I like having more worlds to choose from. Yes.

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: I can't form an accurate opinion of them yet, sorry.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?:

Strangely enough, No :P .

I have seen some of the drops people got, they're a bit better than pvp worlds, but I still think GE pking is more fun.

I want rune mining to be profitable -.- .

What's your overall opinion of the BW?:

A good change of scenery, not really what I've xpected though.

22031_s.gif

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?

Yes

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.

It should be just as successful as pvp world were, it seems to me that either BW's or PvP worlds will become obsolete because there just aren't enough people to occupy both.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?

No

What's your overall opinion of the BW?

Not of much use to clans because of the accidental crashing potential caused by targets.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?:

Yes, we have many times. If not, then our name wouldn't fit, correct?

I feel this will be more successful than the old Bounty Hunter as it gives the feel of the old Wilderness prior to the removal due to RWT.

It's hard to say just yet because of the rush to try it out. Having too many worlds would cause barely enough people on each world to give a decent competition or any kills at all for clans. Less worlds will give more competition and more people to kill, but, it's a double edged sword. With less worlds, it creates the more chance of having a PKRI with a large clan such as Corruption or Divine Forces (or any other). This may be a good thing if you're a larger clan, but sometimes, it's fairly demoralizing if you're a smaller clan that gets destroyed. :P Because of this, the smaller clans should stay in regular PK Worlds for hopes of fairer competition.

I feel it's a step forward as, like I said above, it gives the feeling of the old Wilderness and I'm sure many of us will enjoy that. :P

j0xPu5R.png

liking it so far :thumbup:

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Yes

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: Well it won't change things for clans, we were doing fine with pvp worlds, but I think single pking will come back strong. Pking is once again profitable, and personally I love that.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?:No, we have enough now and more will just make it hard to find fights. They'll get less popular anyway when this initial hype dies down a bit. They will probably actually remove some, like they did with pvp worlds.

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: Like it a lot. Good for both single and multi, it has the strengths of the wilderness, pvp worlds and bh all in one minigame.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Never

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: Might be successful for the old school people, but people who expect regular drops may be disapointed.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: Remove and replace with regular PvP

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: Good for the classic Pker, but i hate them. Cant nh trainers anymore, and i cant train in the SoS or anywhere. and i have to login within the boundaries. Cant tele so no point in my tb, no bh locate blah blah blah it sucks.

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Hell yeah

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: I like it, much more realistic loot than PVP.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: More the merrier

What's your overall opinion of the BW? Best update jagex has had in along time, <3 no teleports

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Yup

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: Well better drops are always good and hopefully if they add more worlds the chances of your fighting world being occupied will go down.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: Yes, as long as they keep some regular PVP worlds because for instance I enjoy no arming at varrock altars/ge

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: Good, already got a corrupt dragon plateleg drop. Ty Noculas <3.

tpr.gif

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: yes

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: no, the target system might give away postion if your trying to have a clan on clan war, and might be crashed

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: no, already to many imo

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: dont like to much, to many people.. 500+ people in wild at 1 time

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: no, the target system might give away postion if your trying to have a clan on clan war, and might be crashed

Hehe, I never thought about that. :lol:

j0xPu5R.png

Its pretty easy to find wars anyway, and ac's are usually easy to get.

I warred there yesterday, and I found that the target system meant there was a lot of unusual sniping going on.

polvCwJ.gif

I warred there yesterday, and I found that the target system meant there was a lot of unusual sniping going on.

You'd expect that, really. :P

j0xPu5R.png

Have you pked/warred with a clan in the old wilderness prior to the December Updates that removed the wilderness pvp?: Yes, I did.

Do you expect this to be successful? Please explain.: It might be succesful. Little clans start pking because there're more worlds now. But it might work against you too. For an example; 2M is having a run in against ce[just saying something :$)

and re is pking. When a re member gets a 2M member as target they could exactly know where we are. And I think re wouldn't do nothing if they can hit 2M.

Do you think they will/should add more BWs?: There could be some more worlds, but I think that jagex will remove some worlds instead of adding. Same as Bounty and PvP.

What's your overall opinion of the BW?: Its a great update =D, makes returning for f2pérs easy.

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

had a lvl 90 who had me as their target repeatedly return and snipe me with mith arrows till he got my kill lol

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

had a lvl 90 who had me as their target repeatedly return and snipe me with mith arrows till he got my kill lol

Yes, I killed him once :P

polvCwJ.gif

- Yep, at least over a dozen pure and main clans.

- BH Worlds will be successful. The worlds play off of the thee mains reasons why we liked the Wilderness. Fair fights for levels. Localized fights (so like 100-200 in one area fighting, always a supply of opponents). It's profitable if you can kill players. It's why it will succeed.

- No. Back with the old wilderness, people would hop for hours only encountering a few fights here and there. One thing this entire adventure without a wilderness has shown us, is how much we need and enjoy having only a small amount of worlds to choose from. This plots everyone against each other in a far more quicker and convenient manner. Also remember that the main worlds in F2P pking were: 3, 4, 5, 17, 32, 55, and I think one in the 100's, not sure. These were the main active worlds, that people could go to and be guaranteed a fight. Notice how there's only 6 worlds? Putting the random strays in the other fifty worlds into those six worlds, makes a nicer environment to kill people in a quicker fashion.

- They're on par with the old Wilderness. The old Wilderness was good, but the fact that you had to hop around for so long if you wanted to fight at Castle or find a team at Hills to fight, was quite annoying. BH Worlds though have drops that may or may not be beneficial to you. These two reasons keep each medium of PvP on par with each other. Everything else is pretty much the same, just improved.

All we can hope is that Jagex refines the algorithms used to give us the loot we've earned. If they do that then things will work out epicly.