Tip.It Times Presents: It's Getting Better All The Time!

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

It's Getting Better All The Time!

The Editor

When I'm not busy beating on Portals with my trusty whip (I think it's broken at the moment though ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ it seems to only hit 0's), I like to browse the Tip.It forums. A great source of information and gossip, the forums haveÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Click here to read the rest of this article.

thread has been cleaned- ~jaklumen

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Very interesting article, it is nice to see I am not the only who thinks all this stuff about new suggestions. I truly hope Jagex remake the banking system, I can't remember who made it but someone made a really good one in the Suggestions forum.

The Ed really likes his Pest Control eh? :lol:

Hmmm not bad. A little advice for those in the runescape suggestion forums. I like it, some pointers here and there to make it an even better place to read. Great article!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Woderful article! Very well-written with some awesome points in it. Everybody needs to read this one so they now how to submit things in the RuneScape Discussions & Suggestions forum.

Also, on a side note: In order for TB@JT to read the forums, they want to know if we have good ideas or not. If there are a whole lot of bad ideas that are not wholly thought through and are the opposite of what the article said, TB@JT aren't going to want to come back to the forum and look at suggestions, now will they? Follow the tips in this Tip.It Times article and Jagex will most likely become attracted to the RuneScape Discussions and Suggestions forum.

A+ on The Editor's job. Very good thinking!

Rcty

Rcty

Nice article, just one thing though. Jagex never said that Rs was based in a time period so really they can add whatever they want. Most rpg's just use swords etc because what other hand to hand weapon would be feasible? Although, if you look at a game like Archanox (sp?), they combined the swords/magic/guns pretty well.

Good article, you said that Jagex is always open to new ideas, and well, you just listed a ton of things not to suggest, i do agree with them though, except the one about not suggesting an extension to something, because i think those are the best ones.

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Nice article. This is a topic I'm somewhat passionate about as those who have seen my comments in that forum can attest. I agree with the editor's comments that there are a lot of bone-headed suggestions that are nothing more than a waste of bytes on a hard drive. Other suggestions are revisions of ones we've seen a hundred times before.

During my short stint as a moderator on another forum, I took the time to re-write the posting rules for their suggestions forum. I also posted a suggestion on the official Jagex forums a revision to their rules. Of course, Jagex ignored me, but what can I expect?

The points I made were consistent with this article's comments. Basically, the rules I wrote said that if one or more of the following were true, then don't post your idea:

1. Is it on the restricted topics list in the official Jagex forum?

2. Does the idea fall outside the mythological, social, or technilogical constraints established in the game?

3. Can the idea be abused in any way to allow or encourage cheating, hacking, scamming, or other inappropriate behavior?

Another thing I have about the suggestions forum - I see it here and elsewhere, is how people respond to the ideas posted. You all pretty much know my biggest peave is the "it will ruin the economy" objection. That's another topic entirely, but without supporting comments as to why or how it will ruin the economy, then your objection is meaningless. A lot of times people will object to an idea without offering a reason or offer any means to improve it. Come on, people! Some dude has spilled out his heart trying to come up with an idea that's original, clever, and might actually have some potential to improve Runescape, and all you can say is "Dumb idea. It will never work." (Shakes head in disbelief)

Long and short of it is this - I, for one, want to hear your ideas. I don't care if you've spent a hundred hours researching it, or if it just popped into your head while playing the game. But before you post it, spend a little time to make sure it's somewhat original (i.e. not on the first page or two of the forum), and that it makes sense. Also, spend a few sessions here reading the suggestions already posted and the comments people make about them, and get involved in the discussions. So often I see a lame idea posted and I look at your post count: ONE. I just close the thread and go on to the next wishing I could reach through millions of miles of computer cable and smack you across the wrists.

Good article, and good points made.

- Sligo

(P.S. I'm presently working on a new skill idea that I posted over a year ago on that other fan site. I'm putting more research in to it and making sure the underlying technologies are consistent with what's available in RS, and to make sure that what I propose is technically accurate. Look for it soon in the Suggestions Forum nearest you!)

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

good read this week I was thinking about posting a sugjestion about house ports and lunar tellys ny self i'll keep this in mind when i do.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

Lol, nice article. Good ideas.

Oh yeah, I found out that High powered Nuclear missiles were invented in the 15th century. :-w

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

:lol: Nice way of numbering the different things people sound remember: First, 2., III, 4th, E.

But anyway, yet there are some suggestions in the Suggestions forum that REALLY need a 5 minutes look over. Whether they're just one mass of words with no capitalization, punctuation, or paragraphs, to people suggesting the Swimming skill (yay, I swam a Mile/Kilometer, I win 100k!).

Also, along the lines of the 5th point (or E. Whatever.) there are many parts of the game that doesn't make sense. For instance, how is it that a bronze pick can mine rune? Or are all rocks in runescape the same hardness? And don't get me started on how there can be a "Shadow of the Storm" when there are no shadows.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses