Tip.It Times Presents: Welcoming Home the Prodigal Children

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Welcoming Home the Prodigal Children

The Editor

Recently the Tip.It Admins declared an amnesty and withdrew the bans of a large number of members who had previously been banned for conduct unbecoming a Tip.It member. The unbanning was pretty comprehensive and all but a few...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask, roughly how many people were unbaned?

Either my eyes have gone funny, or the article made no mention of Temporary bans on both Tip.it and Runescape.

Anyway, this shows that Tip.it actually cares about it's users, unlike... Well everyone else. Thank you Admins, Mods and Crew. ::'

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

(Two weeks in a row! Do I have good timing, or what?)

Good article. It is right that people should be given a second chance if their original offense was minor.

There are a few things that I would never give a second chance for, and I think the rules here are quite clear about these major offenses.

To those of you coming back, welcome! Mind your manners and we'll gladly accept you back to the community.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

First page post :P

I really like the idea of temporary bans. Many players put huge amounts of work into their accounts, and it can be sad to make all of that have been a huge waste. I know one time when some lvl 50 reported me for making a slightly inappriate joke, i was not only upset at the possibility of losing my account (as it turns out I didnt even get one blackmark :D ) but because this person obviously was just sucking up to jagex thinking "z0mg they g0nna make m3 a mod" although i got out of it, i think jagex is far too heavyhanded with bans. inappropriate conduct is one thing, totally separate from actually cheating. i am glad tipit does not share this mentality

im guessing u mean first post?

Yeah, but someone posted a shorter message than me, then went back and edited it. I'm thinking a permanent banning is in order here.... lol

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

im guessing u mean first post?

Yeah, but someone posted a shorter message than me, then went back and edited it. I'm thinking a permanent banning is in order here.... lol

- Sligo

Pfft, I posted what I wanted to post, and then edited in something else I wanted to add instead of making another post.

Don't make a big deal yourself ('Two weeks in a row!') about trying to get a first post.. -.-

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Good article, I definately agree with the permanent banning for minor offences like that, it's like jagex doesn't realise how much some people care about their accounts, which they should, because some people are like that... Yeah and whenever I try to be nice liek you guys did and give someone a second chance, they abuse it and take advantage of it, maybe it's just my luck...

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Once Again, i'm going to thank the staff for restoring my posting privledges. Being away from the forums wasnt the same as being on them. I was banend out of my anger and stupidity rather then who I really was.

Although you made mentions about having the banned Runescape members being forgivin (although you didnt just blatently state it) would be nice, but too much of a hassle.

There are maybe, a qaurter of a million acounts banend for minor offences and Well over a million in general. The process it would take to restore the acounts would take not only months, but possiably a year or more

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I fail to see the use of amnesty when you don't ban permanently for small offenses in the first place.

That I have to agree with.

Why make a ceasefire with some when you're not going to with others? Can't you set their posting mode to "preview" or something so that the temp banned are free again and the perm banned have to have their posts previewed first? I don't understand this...

And is it really worth the weekly times article?

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

perm bans are issued too much on rs. I got perm banned from the rs official forums for creating another thread when an admin said not to. And because the thread said jagex didn't listen to ideas, wich was "insulting to jagex".

Some times i think they get out of controll with banning.

EDIT:

--or who were suspected of account sharing when giving gifts to real life friends or family,--

I'm confused, what on earth does that mean>

Jagex banns people for giving large sums of money to people for no appearent reason. They suspect that anyone who does that is giving the money because someone in real life gave them lots of real $ for the cash, when they were actually just giving a gift.

perm bans are issued too much on rs. I got perm banned from the rs official forums for creating another thread when an admin said not to. And because the thread said jagex didn't listen to ideas, wich was "insulting to jagex".

An admin told you not too and you still did? You deserved it then...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

:shame: it's really simple, either follow the rules or be banned. i'm all for the rs and tip.it bans. if you knowingly break the rules and have your account banned then i have no sympathy for you. the rules are there for a reason. if you cannot follow them then do us all a favor and quit playing the rs game.

To The Editor:

Editor, well said, and another great article. Credit towards anyone's name (e.g.: having a good reputation) is worth more than money in this world by a longshot. Not many see this, but it is of value when the going gets tough. :)

To The Tip.It Crew (Yes, Editor included):

I salute you on your jobs well done. You've kept this community growing, even with people having come through and tried to wreck it all. I've even recommended your site to quite a few people in the time I have been playing RuneScape (1 yr + 1 month), and I myself am glad to be a Tip.It forum member. I am also highly appreciative of the many articles that you've all allowed from guest writers. I might have written one myself, but I think I lack the mental ability for it. (Maybe you can check my 400+ posts and tell me what you think about my IQ...) Anyway, KEEP THE GOLDEN HITS COMING AND MANY MORE HAPPY YEARS TO YOU ALL!!! :mrgreen:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Final note: If anyone is thinking I am just "Kissing Up", throw yourself into the jaws of a dragon without any spare food or armor and go back to Lumbridge... This post is my honest opinion. I just wish I could have found better words. :( ...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

..... i don't know.............. since the editor came back from vaction the articles have been kinda, broing to read :(

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

..... i don't know.............. since the editor came back from vaction the articles have been kinda, broing to read :(

Uhm, are you kidding? The last couple of articles (including this one) are great!!!

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

An admin told you not too and you still did? You deserved it then...

Aren't admins like just people too? Just like alot of other authority figures, no dif from you or me but they have the power over other people (if only for a short while or only on some forum..). And alot of the time they abuse that power... so I don't really look up to them very much. So an admin told him to lol, a perm ban? ptff.

Love tip.it, I got banned perm from runevillage for tryin to sell an item like 50k over what it was worth (and i had no clue it wasn't worth that much..). This is a really good thing tip.it has done, good job!

dragonmblack,black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif