Holiday season donations

MPM

This post is, of course, inspired by Trapicals amazing fundraiser the other week.

Now, the main section of winter holidays is over, and a lot of people have a little money laying around in their pockets. There are millions of people in the world that don't have the advantages that you and I have, and even the littlest bit would help them out.

I have a short list of groups that can always use a little more help. If you don't have money you can donate, sometimes time is just as valuable.

Malaria Foundation International: The best way to explain the problem of malaria is to link to [Malaria]

International Youth Foundation: Children are the future of the world, and many do not have the opportunities that we(the online community) do. This foundation helps influence the lives of children and encourages them to become outstanding citizens of their country and role models to others.

Project Hope: Project hope is a long standing foundation that provides medical help to developing countries. They provide medical supplies, and well as teach the citizens habits that will prevent sickness.

Freerice If it's impossible for you to donate time or money, this site will give 20 grains of rice for every vocabulary word you answer correctly.

There are hundreds of other groups that provide help or services for anything you can imagine. If the three above do not appear to support something you care about, look around. You will find one.

And to show that I'm not just blowing steam, and encouraging you to do something I wouldn't do myself:

donateax7.th.jpg

Minors: Please obtain a parent's permission before using their credit cards.

~M

Awww see this is why trap is so adorable.

He has the biggest heart, is so intelligent and he is gorgeous <3:

I've only just got myself out of debt but I still raise for freedom wheels so disabled kids can ride their custom made bikes (I'm a rev head :P )

And Oxfam - Helping the disadvantage become self-efficient rather than just giving them the money.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Good work misplacedme

I might donate some of my work money to malaria...

Cause I live in aus, and it scares me that every time i get bitten by a mozzie that I COULD get malaria...

Scary stuff

~Hawt

227161.png

My hawt blawggeh

Don't worry guys I freak out when I see a girl too. One time I went outside and there was a girl so I quickly ran inside because I was so excited!

Good work misplacedme

Cause I live in aus, and it scares me that every time i get bitten by a mozzie that I COULD get malaria...

Scary stuff

~Hawt

:shock: One hot summerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s night, I took a blanket down to Coochiemudlo Island and slept under the stars. Luckily I fell asleep with the blanket over my face, because I woke up to the sound of like 100 mosquitoes going "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and I'm like no [bleep] way... :wall:

Lifted up the blanket and legged it down to the water.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Good work misplacedme

Scary stuff

~Hawt

:shock: One hot summerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s night, I took a blanket down to Coochiemudlo Island and slept under the stars. Luckily I fell asleep with the blanket over my face, because I woke up to the sound of like 100 mosquitoes going "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and I'm like no [bleep] way... :wall:

Lifted up the blanket and legged it down to the water.

I know what you mean! I went there for a day trip (I live near Cleveland), and came back half bitten to hell...

Maybe I should get tested for Malaria...

:uhh:

227161.png

My hawt blawggeh

Don't worry guys I freak out when I see a girl too. One time I went outside and there was a girl so I quickly ran inside because I was so excited!

I'm not really sure if this fits, but hey.

As a minor without a job (Living in the country >.<) I can't really donate much, however I can leave my computer on.

By running the Folding@Home client, you can contribute computing time to help understand conditions like alzheimers.

Google folding@home if you're interested :)

Thanks for the thread and front page link Misplaced, everything helps.

There are two points I want to add. One, if you can't donate spread awareness. It's as simple as mentioning the fact that malaria is as deadly as AIDS, or the fact that people are starving to death and could be saved from mere pennies.

Secondly, don't do charities just for a little while then loose interest. It makes all the difference if you donate a little bit each year for your entire life then to instead just donate a lot this one year and then forget all about it :?

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I donated some to the Malaria fund.

I hate to point out to people that Freerice isn't the angel it appears to be, but.... Ah well, don't want to ruin the spirit of the thread.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Charity is a fantastic thing :)

I'm type one diabetic, so I form a walk team every year (walk to cure diabetes; google it if you want), and my family raises 5-15 thousand dollars each year. my new year's resolution this year is to raise 1000$ myself (I'm 13 years old), and to do a polar plunge to raise money for a camp taht hosts kids with life threatening illnesses. For those of you who don't know what a polar plunge is, it's when we jump in the ocean in january (I live in Maine, so the water's like 35 degrees... brr), and have people pledge for us.

In my personal opinion, it's not possible to brag about charity; you should encourage others to do so as well! It's a great reolution, and i reccomend it to everyone.

Happy new year!

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

Send me a PM if you'd like any style of sig done - I'd be glad to help you out.