Everything posted by Skull
-
Google vs. China
Good for Google. Sure, China won't allow it, but it's good that they're willing to take a stand despite that. I just hope they don't soften their position. Unfortunately it could very well backfire and lead to China just censoring the [cabbage] out of everything.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wR1MVdDmUA
- Today...
-
What is bad music?
Someone needs to get this man some Aesop Rock.
-
School
My parents work full time and I'll be done with school soon anyways. I'm really just whining about small stuff though, for the most part I'm actually pretty happy with my school. Good class choices and for the most part good teachers. I'm a little annoyed that that they made it so seniors couldn't take Graphics (basically you do photoshop work, print and stuff) as of this year when I was saving it for my senior year when I'd actually have room in my schedule for it. I just wish they would have given a little warning on that so I could switch up my schedule and take it junior year.
-
School
Oh god yes. And projects that have a grade based on "creativity" and "art". Seriously, I had a newspaper scavenger hunt in my speech class and we had to give a speech on what we found. 40% was for art. In a speech class. For a scavenger hunt. I had to redo it because it was "too small" even though he didn't mention a size and I met the minimum requirements. Not to mention the fact that he wanted a collage of what we found and we can't make a collage with 11x14" poster board. God I hated that class. :mad: Yeah, I know what you mean by that. I don't mind them in some cases (for example we had to make a "spring related" picture in my math class, but using different conics in a graphing program so it actually related to the subject) but they're usually just really dumb. The things that kill me are the "write a poem about..." assignments. Poetry isn't something I like at all. I'm good at it but I have issues with sharing who I am with other people and poetry is always a very personal thing. I don't know, I'm a bit of an educational elitist so anything that isn't efficient usually just bugs me a lot.
-
School
Repetitive tasks makes you better at whatever you're doing. It's why math teachers assign 25 problems instead of just 5, because you'll get more practice doing 25. And where I'm at, homework is way more than 20%. In math it's 35%, Spanish is 40%, Chemistry is 25%, and history is 50%. I would drop out then. That's bull [cabbage] in my opinion. I got a 95 on my chemistry final and over a 90 on every other test, without taking notes or doing homework. I'd say that would mean I didn't need it. I'm not going to deny that it's certainly helpful when you don't know what you're doing or need to boost your grade but if you don't need either it's just a nuisance. While I'm sort of ranting about school I'm going to complain about something else too. Has anyone else ever had notebook check or something similar in any classes? I've had it in my previous two math classes and they annoy me to no end. What the [bleep] does how I organize my stuff have to do with the subject. Absolutely nothing. There's no reason that 10% or whatever of my grade should come from having to have my papers ordered how the teacher wants me to do it.
-
School
Maybe it's different where you live. In my school it's often repetitious tasks that don't really help in any way shape or form but still count as 20% of your grade. It's basically there to boost the grades of the people who don't pass a single test or quiz and to bring down those of us who actually understand the material and don't want to do it another hundred times. Whatever, I'm probably just bitter because homework is really the only reason why I don't have A's. Or even B's in some cases. I'd say it's justified though since I get test scores 10-20% higher than some people but still have the same or lower grades as them.
-
What is bad music?
Please don't insult music by claiming that rap is music. Rap IS music, it just focuses on a different type of music. It doesn't incorporate any form of melody in most cases, usually rhythm and lyrics. Nobody who loves music considers rap to be music, it is the equivalent of taking a black and white picture of a chair and calling it "art". Oh no guys, the authority on everything is here. Bow down to his superior understanding of all things artistic.
-
School
Homework is often an excuse for teachers not to actually teach anything. Or at least teachers who are bad at teaching just give lots of homework to cover that up. Math courses may be an exception though since they always give ridiculous amounts of homework. Maybe I've never had a good math teacher though.
-
Birthday present?
My mom told me to stop being difficult when I told her I didn't want anything :|
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Buiikikaesu - Maximum the Hormone Edit: The artist was tagged in my computer as "Maximun the Harmone", no wonder last.fm was auto correcting all the names. That's why you get your music from legitimate sources kids.
-
Favourite Radiohead Song
Probably Paranoid Android. I don't listen to too much Radiohead though.
-
Pokemon Thread
I gave up at Clair for now. My team is nowhere near good enough to win.
-
Birthday present?
My birthday is in 10 months. Absolutely no reason for me to think about it at all. I'll probably ask for clothes though. I've gotten boring in my old age so that's all I ask for now. Edit: $500? [cabbage].
- Today...
-
Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...
That's why you eat it as a snack, without milk.
-
Today...
Got back from my dodge-ball tournament, my team lost both our games (We should have won one of them and might have won the other, we lost both on sort of [cabbage] calls) but it was awesome. We wore dress shirts and ties and our team captain, who is also my history teacher, wore a full suit. I got nailed in the face in the second game really hard and ended up on my [wagon]. Luckily the balls are pretty soft otherwise I definitely would have broken my nose. I also learned I can throw a dogeball 45 mph. I'm pretty impressed with myself since I can't really throw anymore after breaking my collarbone the second time.
- Today...
-
What are you listening to right now!?
At the Drive In - Relationship of Command
- Dope.
-
Today...
Today was a bit hectic. I had an entire unit of pre-calc homework I needed to get done for tomorrow (basically 10 days of homework all in one night) so I got home after school and decided I wasn't going to procrastinate and started doing it right away. Of course, that could never happen. About a half an hour in two of my friends decide to show up at my house and tell me I have to go take a walk with them. Basically to sum up a long story, I ended up walking around for two hours, some of it trekking through the woods and one of my friends was barefoot (She didn't think shoes would be important when going for a walk apparently and then proceeded to complain about her feet hurting) making it take extra long and then somehow we ended up eating ice cream at my other friend's house. Because of that I spent the last 2/3 hours doing that homework and only got maybe 7/10 of it done. But it was worth it since it was a beautiful day out, 65 and sunny. I'm still a little confused as to why they showed up when they knew how much work I had to do but almost never do when I'm free. Oh well. Edit: oh and this is all on one hour of sleep. Awesome.
- Today...
- Today...
-
How has racism effected you?
My town is like 98% white, and I'm white, so none towards me. Although a lot of kids are legitimately afraid of black people. Makes me lol. I did get harassed for being an atheist once but that was more funny than anything else.