Everything posted by vmser
-
My friend might kill himself.. what do I do?
I shall repeat the statement: In order to deal with suicide issues, find the cause of the problem instead of just trying to keep the consequences within boundaries..
-
Is internet addiction a problem among our youth?
The internet. Ah. I use it alot. Id probably qualify into what would get labelled as internet-addicted, yet Im not. I can live without it for an extended period of time, If I can stay away from computers as a hole. For me its a way to relax (games), to learn and to exchange views with others on things that happen around us. That goes from music to more scientific stuff, over school related fora to sexuality. One can learn heaps from the net.. I rather use the internet recreationally and pick up a few facts along the way then to sit alone in a couch all day doing nothing. TV bores me. Even when using a comp I always mulittask. Runescape, mIRC and watching a movie causes me little trouble. Why I don't give my mind some rest? Because it NEEDS to be busy. I have a strange mind I guess. However, the dangers of internet addiction would be to get sucked in very time-consuming monotuous things.. Gaming mainly. One has to be able to get away from the idea all revolves about one thing. That is what id call an addiction. I like to view my use as diversified and well.. educational somehow. And above all, it has sharpened my criticism against information. We get flooded with info, and I now feel I can easier find the essence of something without spending too much time on it. And it greatly helped me with my languages. If you use your third language nearly as much as your first, you feel alot more confident when actually having to use it.
-
Are you a Google Whacker?
Googlewhacking is so 2004... Having that said, I never really bothered... The word I remember as being listed in the article when I read it now has 58 results
- Investing
- Zune?
-
First cars
Isnt 6.5k still fairly much for a '92 car?
- Zune?
-
First game you owned?
2 at the same time: Carmaggedon II / Starcraft
-
First cars
Thats not a spider is it? On topic: Mine will probably be a Citroen berlingo. Good value for money, and most practical to suit my (read: our) needs.
-
Looking for *good* website.
Be carefull, some signs depend on the country. Dont just trust any website ;)
- Zune?
-
If your name made headlines in a newspaper 20 years from now
1) I helped build the coolest building ever 2) I made a mistake and a building came down 3) I died in a car crash, leaving a wife and 3 kids
-
The CIA. "what if" semi-possible discussion
Well. I assume a lot goes into research, collecting information from official sources and their own sources, possibly bribes and not to forget: Logistics..
-
My friend might kill himself.. what do I do?
Talking is a big step here. Not just talking him out of doing it, but getting him over the complexes he has about himself. He just needs a way to feel good about himself... That could solve most difficulties. And believe me, it's a HARD thing to do... If needed, hint his parents towards finding professional help for it.
-
Investing
Imo there's 3 kinds of people that buy shares: 1) People looking for a decent profit about what a bank offers them (low risk) 2) People trying to make fast, big money (high risk) 3) People that buy certain shares for the advantages that come with it. (some companies do certain stuff for their shareholders) Im figured you'd fit in the first category. So before you go nuts on anything, Id suggest you read up... Know what kind of shares can be expected to get certain results... Above all, don't put all your eggs in one basket! Have shares of several companies, so if one goes bad the others can cover for it... And in the end: Dont get your hopes up too much. There's not that much profit to make on $1500... But try not to loose and perhaps view this as a learning stage ;)
- !!!
-
Optical Illusions
http://www.johnsadowski.com/big_spanish_castle.php Since I cant directly post it here...
-
What football team do you support?
FC Brugge
-
i cant read my emails :(
tried accessing with another browser? That way we could know if you just screwed up some IE settings...
-
windows validation
You got it downloaded aye? Am I the only one thinking thats not quite as legal as he thinks?
-
The lumby underground farm?
The name should say it lol.
-
windows validation
First things first, do you actually have a fully legal version on xp?
-
AVG & Antiviral Progs
Try running it again, see what you download. You cant update from just basic xp to having all updates in one go. I fail to see why not though :(
-
To quell the flood of talk/private messages...
Nope. :P How about you get to use a flashlight as long as the batteries hold? :P
-
secret lumbrige under ground farm
NOT AGAIN.