Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheefoo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cheefoo

  1. Melee has: Dragon Dagger, Zamorakian Spear, Armadyl Godsword, Bandos Godsword, Abyssal Whip, Dharok's Greataxe, Dragon Scimitar, Dragon Longsword, Dragon Claws, Zamorak Godsword, Dragonfire Shield, Vesta's Longsword, Saradomin Sword, Vesta's Spear, Statius' Warhammer, Granite Maul, Dragon Mace, Granite Mace, Verac's Flail, Saradomin Godsword, and probably about 12 more in the upcoming month, weapons that are viable for pking. Range has: Dark Bow, Crystal Bow, Runite Crossbow, Zanik's Crossbow, Morrigan's Javelins, Morrigan's Thrownaxes, Handcannon, Dragon Arrows, Dragonstone Bolts, Magic Shortbow, Onyx Bolts, Rune Arrows, Rune Throwing Knives, Dragon Darts, hell, even Red Chinchompas, and probably about 7 more in the upcoming month, weapons that are viable for pking. Magic has: Ice Barrage, Miasmic barrage, and probably about -1 more in the upcoming month, means of dealing damage that are semi-viable for pking. Who should be whining?
  2. Yeah, but you don't have to get it remade, which can be pretty expensive eventually. Void is free and you make money by pcing. Hopefully it makes you feel better. Remember the damage bonus. It's actually more than 10%, so you could potentially hit much higher.
  3. Something just hit me! It sounds like the "EXTREME!! combo flavours" has to do with a Runescape update, while there may be an Arcanists update too! If you followed the Arcanists developer diaries on Funorb, you'll know how they often refer to the "Imps" creating new spells, and unlocking new areas in Arcanists. "Colloquium" also fits the theme of Arcanists having to do with arcane knowledge, and spellbooks, and whatnot.
  4. I wanted to get some good money, and I'm sick of woodcutting, runecrafting, and killing dragons. I wanted more thrill, and something to test my limit. So what boss should I go after? Here are my combat stats: 88 hp 88 attack 82 strength 90 defence 92 magic 75 range 70 prayer 78 summoning I'm looking for a boss that won't require a whole lot of people, profitable, and one that has common items that cover the cost of supplies. Please list what I need to bring, what stats I should get (if mine aren't enough already), how much it will cost, how profitable it will be, what strategies to use, how many other people to bring, and anything else that comes to mind that is important. I don't need very specific info, but it would be very much appreciated. I was thinking of Bandos Godwars Dungeon. What should my stats be if I wanted to fight Graardor with a few (2-3 or so) other people? Though I haven't made up my mind on what boss to fight yet, so it may not be Graardor, I need everyone's input first. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
  5. Which is the point of this thread. To let you know that it is.
  6. Could be useful if all the fences in Runescape spontaneously evaporate.
  7. Use for junk, or as I did, give it in for commodities at Mobilising Armies.
  8. Ahhh, thank you. It totally makes sense now.
  9. Last time I tried, nope, I couldn't buy any. I don't know where people get all those amulets. Maybe they make them themselves? Or maybe they can sell sometimes. Not sure, I'd like to know too.
  10. I hear everyone uses high mage defence and range prayer... Why not use high range defence and mage prayer? It seems the waterfiends use their attacks about the same amount each, is this true? Also, what is some good mage defence gear other than Karil's that's better than black dragonhide (if any)? I really would love to know, and any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
  11. That's what I meant! But more specifically, in what situations is a whip better? Is the armor piercing worth the ~4 lower max hit?
  12. Slayer helm, remember? Doesn't stack.
  13. I was thinking of getting full veracs recently (thanks to the input on another help and advice topic of mine), and I was wondering, is it better than a whip in certain situations? For example, against a high defence monster/player, would veracs be better than a whip, or against a player with prayer? Any help would be much appreciated. EDIT:NO I mean for offensive capabilities! Of course great armor would be better than a good weapon without anything else. I mean would the effect of veracs be better offensively than a whip at all?
  14. As I said before, I already have it. Thanks for the input everyone! I still haven't made up my mind, though I'm leaning towards veracs. It has good defence (even if a bit lower than the others) and a prayer bonus.
  15. Maybe you're right. Since godswords are crashing (supposedly), maybe I could afford one soon enough if I make some money in the meantime. What about DKs? I hear guthans is good for that? Is that worth it?
  16. What use would that be? Is the set effect better than void melee+whip/rune defender? Or maybe I could get guthans, do fight cave, then sell it back? Is it possible to fight the Kalphite Queen with veracs, and is it worth it?
  17. Would guthans really be worth if I also have access to bunyips?
  18. I have 8mil, and I was thinking of buying a barrows set. I wanted guthans to do the fight caves with, but I was thinking, is there a different set I should get? I have full ahrims, torags, and karil's top and bottom. Should I get dharok's (blow most of my cash), guthans (spend half), or veracs (also half), or guthans and veracs (all my money)? Which set would be good for what? I'll probably wait for them to drop, as they seem to be after the pvp "trainwreck". However, I'd like to know what I should get when that happens. Thank you for your time.
  19. I think i trust Runehq on this one. Tip.it calculated as if it increased the str bonus by 10%, and Runehq calculated as if it increased the damage done by 10%. According to the Runescape KB, it increases damage by 10%. I'll just keep testing, I only got to test for a few minutes.
  20. I just got void knight melee helmet today to complete my set (just missing the mace), after play pest control the first time in a while. I used the Runehq calculator to see if it's better with 82 str, and +99 str bonus, than with 82 str and +114 str bonus with no void set. It was. Then, I checked on Tip.it, and it was just as good as 15 extra str bonus without the melee set's bonus! Help please? Seriously, what's going on? The calculators are giving two different results, and I don't know which to trust. So can someone tell me which is correct, or how the bonus works so I can figure it out myself? Thanks in advance!
  21. Ugh, I wish it fired broad bolts, that's what I was looking forward to the most.
  22. Andrew clears up arguments about the upcoming security key. [hide=Jagex Security Key Response]"Hi, I've noticed the Jagex Security Key poll is causing some heated debate, so thought I'd better pop in and post some clarifications. The first thing to bear in mind, (which we really should have mentioned in the poll), is we are NOT looking to make a profit from this key. The price is to cover the cost of buying the device and shipping it. In fact these devices aren't particularly cheap and if we do go ahead with this I expect we will probably LOSE money doing it. To be able to get it down to $10 we would almost certainly have to either heavily subsidize the cost of the key (i.e sell it at a loss), or buy in such huge bulk that we would end up with a large number we'd never sell (Still making a loss). So this really ISNT about making some quick money. The main reason for the poll is to see if there is enough interest to make it practical at all. Now you're probably wondering why we would even consider doing this if we would be losing money. The reason is simple, we're in this for the long run, not for a quick buck, and therefore player satisfaction is extremely important to us. And a player who has had their account stolen (even though due to a keylogger/virus on their own computer) is generally not very satisified! We feel that the benefit of keeping our players safe outweighs the cost, and so we are willing to potentially take a bit of a hit on this. Which brings us on to the 'bank space' incentive. Which is exactly that... an incentive. The problem we face is the VAST majority of players don't actually believe they need extra security (until it is too late), and it seems very hard to convince them otherwise. I've been working on computer security for years, and the problem is people assume if they have an antivirus and a firewall and don't tell people their password they are bound to be safe. This ISNT true! It certainly makes you safer, and is a very good idea, but it sadly doesn't make you invulnerable. Even if you are very careful - believe it or not you can still end up with a keylogger on your computer. For starters all of the commonly used web-browsers are written in C++, and repeatedly suffer flaws where if you visit a malicious webpage, even without clicking on anything your computer can be compromised. I'm more up to speed on computer security than most, but I still use a bank pin on my account, and will still be using a Jagex Security key on my account. Because I don't suffer from the delusion that I'm somehow magically immune. So the problem we face is we know lots of our players lose their passwords, we also know those very same players point blank refuse to believe anything bad could possible happen to them, and think they are secure (until it is too late), and therefore probably won't buy a security key. The evidence for this is clear, just look at our own forums and all the people saying "I'm secure, I don't need a key!". So we started wondering what we could do about that. If we can incentive people to buy a key some other way perhaps we can still protect their account. Of course even if the key does ultimately protect them, they will probably never even realize that it happened, and will probably go on thinking that they didn't need it, but at least their account is secure. We chose extra bank space for the proposed incentive, because a) we already give extra bank space to members anyway, so this doesn't unbalance things further in any way B) it kind of makes sense that the people with the fullest banks are the ones with most to lose, so the ones who most need a key. So this isn't about RWT (any more than the members game we already sell isn't about RWT), and it isn't about trying to make a quick profit. It really is simply about keeping our players accounts secure. If we were in it for a quick buck we would just sell the bank space and forget the loss making key idea entirely (then we WOULD make lots of money), we're not going to do that, because that's not what this is about.[/hide]
  23. I agree: they are not stupid for being self centered. They are stupid because of the bad decisions they make. I hate pking and I will never pk! Also, I don't see why only 1 person should get loot when it's probably faster and cheaper(no food/pots/time wasted) to get loot for both of you. Hmm: If I wasn't his target, he would most likely ignore me, because I just stand around, watching live fights, right? Now, I am his target, so he has 3 more options: * we could do the retri trick (double loot) * we could fight and one of us would get all the loot (loot for one of us) * he could chase me around, without ever getting close (no loot) Me not accepting the second option is bossing him around? He has more options with me as target than if he weren't his target ... If he doesn't want to do the trick, he can still ignore me and pretend he doesn't have a target. All I'm saying is that they don't get that and that makes them seems stupid to me. PS: I will answer 1 more round of replies, because this is taking way too much of my study time ... It's just that giving you free stuff takes up too much time. It takes time to prepare, coordinate, and you have to make sure no one interferes. Not to mention, people go in PVP for fun, and doing all that isn't very enjoyable. It's much more satisfying to kill someone, especially one that's annoying you (no offence, teehee).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.