Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Level 80 Curses
Doesn't work. No sap with leeches.
-
Dragon KiteShield vs DFS - Do we need it at all?
Dragon was never used for stats anyway, just status. I owned a dragon plate (for all of 1 hour) just to see how it looked with my soul wars cape. It was pretty, but the stats were pretty bad, and people instantly read me as a pompous show off. I sold it ASAP. I hope they make some type of set bonus for full dragon (full helm, plate, legs, kite, and maybe more) to make it worth it besides looks. Honestly, no we don't need it for the stats, but we do need it as we're getting everything else dragon. So for completion's sake, yes, it is going to happen.
-
Which is more rare
On topic: According to math, untrimmed slayer is rarer. 1 damage = 4 melee xp 1 damage = 4 range xp 1 damage = 2 magic xp+base spell xp 1 damage = 1.33 HP xp 1 damage = 1 slayer xp (when on task) It used to be thought to be impossible to get 99 slayer without a combat skill to 99 first. Then, people started using tricks to get less xp (ring of recoil, multicannons) so they wouldn't get a 99 before slayer. EDIT: LOL! I love when people forget the obvious things like that. I remeber people thought you could train a pure summoning account with Tears of Guthix (half a cookie to whoever finds the logical flaw in this one). People also forget that summoning familiars give combat xp when you fight with them, so even if you did get to 99 with lamps/penguins, it won't stay "purely pure" for long.
-
BGS vs Whip for PKing?
So I suppose I'm better off using piety for now. Maybe I'll try leeches once I get 86 prayer for leech special attack. As for the main question, I'm still kinda waiting for a solid answer. The turmoil subject: not something I'm going to be getting any time soon. As for my stats, what should I work on? I guess I should get my cooking strength to 90+? I've seen people do rather well with balanced stats at high levels. Should I even bother welfare rune pking with my stats? I was looking forward to trying that out as a start to get used to the feel of pking in general.
-
Waterfiends
Frankly, no, not with your stats. And no, not with a flail or hammers. Try 80 in melee stats, and at least a Zamorakian spear.
-
D Claws in Slayer
They're probably trying to max in Kuradal's dungeon with the ferocious ring. It adds +4 damage to every hit, so the damage can be rediculous. For a special weapon, go with EE or SGS if you want to stay longer without banking. If you want damage on a task you won't need the extra healing, just go with a DDS, the claws aren't worth the 30 million just for slayer. Not to mention, the DDS gets 4 specs, so it's potentially more damaging than D claws in total. Also, most monsters have low enough defence (along with the slayer helm/black mask bonuses) that the added D claws accuracy isn't very noticeable, if at all. Not worth the extra 30 million, unless you already have them for other reason, and only if you're in Kuradal's dungeon with the ferocious ring, the added 16 damage is the only time it's really worth it.
-
Armoured Zombies Setup?
You sicko! Get the level for a bunyip! >>>:::((( Don't bother with prayer bonus, you're literally three seconds away from an altar, it doesn't make much of a difference at all. With a bunyip, 90 defence, and full void, I don't really need any food at all. So with your 80 defence, and Verac's armor, you won't need any food... if you had a BUNYIP!!! Even better would be Torag's, or something with better defence, if you don't mind buying it (unless you already have it). Alternatively, you can use void, with your 80 defence, you probably won't need much food, and won't need to bank much at all... if you had a bunyip. Once you have your BUNYIP, use a super set (defence potion not really necessary), turn on piety, and pwn some zombies. Repot often for maximal xp rates, and recharge prayer when needed. Stay by the ladder, and hop if it's too crowded. But first of all... get a BUNYIP!!!
-
I have 1 month of membership
Yeah, green dragons are awesome money. Last time I checked, I got like 350k+ an hour. Since then, dragon bones have more than doubled in price!@!@! Sure, I had higher stats than you have, but the price changes should make up for that. Either way, it's probably your best bet for making money.
-
BGS vs Whip for PKing?
So I was thinking of trying to pk at Edgeville on a Bounty Hunter (+1 item) world. I'd be using... -Helm of Neitiznot -amulet of strength -cape of legends -rune platebody -rune platelegs -adamant boots -rune rfd gloves What weapons should I use? -Whip+rune def and dds for KO -BGS and dds for KO -BGS with BGS spec for some stupid reason My stats (for those too lazy to look me up, even though I'm too lazy to get a stats sig) -91 atk -88 str -90 def -94 mage -79 range -82 prayer -80 summoning -77 cooking P.S. Should I use leech prayers (don't have leech special attack however) or piety? P.P.S. I have no pking experience (lololol), so any added advice would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
-
Firecape V.S Skill Capes (t)
Soul Wars cape! :thumbsup: But yeah, I know this topic was made before that was released, and that wasn't even part of the question. I say, if you want stats, use a fire cape. If you want to show off, wear a skill cape. If you're in dangerous PvP, skillcape because it doesn't take hours to get back. Safe PvP, fire cape, for the stats. But there are so many other capes for so many other situations, it's not always a battle between them. Overall, I'd go with a fire cape, because to be honest, showing off in Runescape is a waste. Ever since I got a Soul Wars cape, I haven't worn my quest cape since.
-
Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape
Cooking. I don't care if you got it for completion's sake, but if you have it untrimmed, you're obviously making some kind of (pathetic) attempt of showing off. Cooking has nearly no use to train all the way to 99, except not burning some fish. However, you're better off buying the fish cooked, unless you're going for a DIY approach, which isn't common nowadays with the GE. Sure, it takes a while, so it does have some respect factor. However, it's terribly cheap, and in comparison to the other 99's, it is VERY easy. I'm not bashing anyone who has the cape, I'm just saying you shouldn't brag about it, because it's so easy, and chances are, you are trying to, because there's almost no reason to get 99 cooking besides the cape. But if you got it because you're DIYing, or for completion's sake, no hard feelings. Just don't wear it, especially untrimmed. EVER.
-
Should the HP buffer be raised above 99?
I agree with more damage reduciton, not just flat-out HP cap increase. However, I'm not sure if it should come from levels. I think there should be more damage reducing items, but to prevent divine/elysian spirit shields, I think there should be a twist. Possibly magic armor that reduces melee damage, melee armor that reduces range damage, and range armor that reduces magic damage? This way, the combat triangle would be more defined, and the divine spirit shield 30% damage won't be outshone so easily, as it would affect all damage. But new damage reducing armor shouldn't be "elite level" like the spirit shields. Maybe 20% combat type specific damage reduciton armor set would be rather easily available, because not only super-high level PvP should be balanced.
-
1000+ Worlds
I didn't even know there were 1000+ worlds... I guess it's because even that's pretty low for P2P, so even if I did log into one, I wouldn't see a difference.. Maybe if there's 1500+~ worlds, I might see a difference in attitudes. I think it's a good idea, if they change it a bit. I'd love to finally have a better community in Runescape. Well, not that much better... We need IQ 100+ worlds.
-
How much would it take to fix the Combat Triangle
-Magic is too expensive for PvM. -Magic has no real KO potential. -Meleers have no negative bonuses for any armor. Here are some idea of mine for some solutions. -Give monsters weaknesses to magic (like ice strykeworms to fire spells) for PvM. -New magic weapon/spell for KO potential. -Give melee stat reductions for dragonhide (may affect PvM adversely). -Give mages a spell to prevent armor changes for a brief period (so meleers can't simply put on dragonhide right away). As for F2P... -Melee can hit fast 25's or so. -Rangers hit very fast 18's or so. -Mages hit rather slow, inaccurate 16's. Simple: give mages wave spells for higher damage, maybe a longer bind available to F2P, and maybe the armor change spell mentioned earlier
-
Dragon Claws to 55%?
Not really. You can just use it, wait 30 seconds and use it again. If you can afford dragon claws (useless weapon besides their special), you should be able to afford special attack restore potions. However, in PvP, 30 seconds makes a big difference. Being able to OHKO someone under the right circumstances (less than 99 hp, blitz combos, etc.) with an accurate special, and being able to do it AGAIN if failed is a bit overpowered to me.
-
losing armor &weapons
You best be thankful you even get that chance to get your items back. Back in MY day, we didn't have these newfangled gravestone dee-vices! The second you died all the other players would loot your corpse the second you were dead. Sometimes even before you died, they'd be following you around with the scent of death all over ya! They'd tell ya that they have an antipoison in their bank, and you should follow them. They lead you into an old run down house, lock the door, and wait till ya DROP DEAD just fer ya stuff! Back in MY day...
-
Uses for the staff of light
Probably ate it while tunneling through ancient, underground ruins.
-
The Wilderness Achievment Diary
I like it! However, I do NOT like the coraxatrice summoning. It's not because of the summoning level required, it's because it requires you to have (and waste) a raven egg, and those are extremely rare.
-
Solo Bandos Guide
Would you reccomend piety, or leech atk/def/str? Or should I use leech curses in a team?
-
08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms
And a kick in the nuts to those who didn't. I don't see why they had to make the firecape a requirement. There's no real reason why they should. How about a monster that requires full void, or full penance, or full gold decorative armor?
-
2 barrow brothers in tunnels?
Strange, I never found any brother on the way out... I never really thought about it, but I suppose it is possible.
-
Hexcrest and Focus Sight
To be honest, I don't think the hexcrest and focus sight will be in very high demand after the initial week or two. Does anyone honestly range or mage slayer assignments that much as to be willing to spend many millions on one? Sure, due to the task only availability, they won't be in very high supply, but demand will probably pull it down to 2-3mil, maybe even less. Rarity is one thing, but just because it's rather hard to come by doesn't mean it'll be worth spending so much money on. Look at the dragon square shield, one half is exceptionally rare, and the other half is 750k, but it sells for around 300k nowadays. That's proof that just because something is rare doesn't mean people will be willing to buy it for crazy prices. I'm not saying the hexcrest and focus sight are going to end up like the dragon square, it's just an example. Even with the task only availibility, people will probably spend many slayer points until they can get one, or even resort to Burthroping. I hear they aren't even that rare once you get the task...
-
Leech Special Attack
I was wondering, is the Leech Special Attack curse worth getting? I currently have 82 prayer, and it would cost me roughly 25m to buy the dragon bones for 86.
-
Noobs say the funniest things!
I try to help someone kindly on the RSOF, and some [wagon] comes along... 15-16-771-60314898 Page 4 is where he goes off the edge. quack
-
WoL General Discussion
Another reset... I give up this time.