Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
longsword beats scimmy so bad
A TINY TINY bit of increased accuracy won't make a big difference. And maybe one or two higher max hit isn't going to show very often. However, hitting maybe 1.3x faster WILL show. Speed is everything. That's why bronze daggers beat full Dharok's.
-
New Clan wars free-for-all noob fest?
Are non-member worlds like Bizzaro world member worlds? When I go into free for all, everyone's completely fine, and carefree. We joke around a lot, and run and scream "OMG NOT MY STUFF" just for the lolz. I like to attack someone after they killed someone and scream "Pj pj!!". Everyone jokes around, and is happy, never serious. However, in the "reccomended" world (which is also members, actually), everyone's super serious. They aren't noobish like saying "I A M Z E Z I M A" and calling everyone noo-... Wait, they do call people noobs. They are in fact noobish themselves, as most people are when they call people noobs. They curse at eachother, yell, hide, do anything to try and be unfair, annoy people, and of COURSE call people noobs. However, in most of the worlds I go to everyone's happy and carefree.
-
The Truth: Now "Nerdy"...
However, when you see a level 3 call someone a noob, something seems wrong. Even though most wouldn't even call them a noob, they could still be classified as one. Even though the word has lost some of its base meaning, it's still there. Same thing with "nerd". If a very high level calls someone a nerd (once again, even if it isn't for it's base definition), they could be classified as one too. I would have never called him a nerd, but if he calls me one for no reason, then he might as well be one, for the real meaning, and just for plain insult.
-
Forget about schimitar vs longsword...
Anyone see the reason why Dragon 2hs are so expensive? I agree, two handers are clearly outmatched by longswords and scimitars. They're slower, half the speed, not even twice the strength (to compensate for the speed), accuracy isn't much better, and you can't even wear a shield! The only real use for them is maxing... but that's only for free to play! Dragon 2hs should be about 300k at most, because memebers can max with things much more powerful. Dragon 2hs are only useful for the looks, and I never see anyone using one for the looks, so it's kinda worthless. Oh yeah, and of course it's special is pretty good... if you want all the monsters in the area attacking you all at once.
-
Lock this
Isn't AFK training a little, hmmm, what's the word...? IMMORAL? People spend hours training and you just sit there with your POT-BELLIED GUTHAN'S ARMOR, training for hours on end, without even clicking once. The ability to crash the place is the only way to balance it. Right now, it's a pretty popular, but rather unfair thing, and if you were to make it EASIER... only Saradomin knows what will happen then...
-
The Truth: Now "Nerdy"...
Hmm, I guess it makes sense to put this in Rants... I never thought I'd get a topic in there! Oh no! There goes my record! P.S. I love ringmaster clothes, there's always someone complimenting me, heheh. I even go to the Duel Arena and free for all Bounty Hunter with them, they're just that cool.
-
a lvl 121 who has never gotten a chamipon scroll
If I were you... I'd do the exact same thing as you would, because I'd be you. WAIT, NO. I mean: If I were you, I wouldn't really bother with champion scrolls. So far, there's no way to show off your champion kills, and the only thing you get is a few xp points in slayer and hp. Some people want to do all the champion scroll, just for the sake of doing it, but those people work very hard towards it. If you just kill a few imps now and again, I wouldn't be hoping to get a scroll. The only real way is to work very hard towards getting one, or get very lucky. Actually, you need to do both, pretty much. Just not worth it, so don't really bother. Until, of course, they add in better rewards to it!
-
The Truth: Now "Nerdy"...
I was walking around Runescape today wearing ringmaster top and hat to look fancy... Someone started following me in a bank, and he asked me what shirt I was wearing. I said "Ringmaster", and then he stopped talking. Then, he started saying "quest" over and over again. That kinda confused me, and eventually he said "Do you get in from a quest?" Then some dope chimes in and says "Yeah, it's from a quest," or something along those lines. Then I say "No it's not from a quest! It's from the circus! Don't spread information that's false!" Then some all high and mighty level 124 wearing barrows and expensive stuff (to protect himself from the bankers) comes and says. "omg cheefoo like little kid". Frankly, I had no idea what he meant. Did he mean I like little children? No, I'm not some creepy old guy... Then he said "you nerd, you get angry at someone for not knowing something??" or something along those lines. I said, "No, I just don't like when people send false information. It confuses everyone, and that's bad, right?" Then he goes on saying "rofl nerd". After messing around in my bank for a few minutes, I go up to the guy, who is walking back and forth, and ask "Explain exactly why I'm a nerd, again?" Then, I suppose because he had nothing to say because he noticed what he said didn't make all too much sense, he logged out. Did I do something wrong, or did he? Maybe it was a misunderstanding? Would you really expect a level 124 calling someone a "nerd", besides himself? Is it really that insulting to get a little mad at someone for telling someone something that isn't true, especially when they weren't even in the conversation anyway? Should I be offended by all this? Please answer one of my questions, or a few. I'd like to see your view on this story, because it's really bugging me.
-
Circus Info
Strange, I did high level preformances on range and agility, my range was only 69, and agility 61. I almost never, if ever, failed... I got ringmaster hat and shirt. Then, I tried high level mage preformances, and I failed about half the time... But you know what's really odd? I HAVE 90 MAGE! Seriously, what the heck? I thought it, being my best stat, would be the easiest to get higher points with. I only ended up getting about 850 points.
-
15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates
Why would pures "dominate"? The biggest reason they did so well was because of the element of surprise, and becuase they can run away at any time. In pvp worlds, they'll be murdered no matter how far they run. If they can't kill the opponent quick, they might as well be dead pretty quickly, seeing as there will be so many aggresive people around ready to kill them. In the old wilderness, pures did so well becasuse they could get kills before they got hit, and could easily run away. I've faced them before in the duel arena, and because they didn't get a few more hits on me before I could react, they didn't do so well. Also, without food, they won't survive long at all, so if they don't get the jump on you, they lose a chunk of what makes them so deadly. Without food, that gets rid of a large amount of what's keeping them alive, but they will have food anywhere besides the duel arena. Sure, maybe I've faced lower class, weaker, pures (I don't really know, I can't tell) in my past, or maybe not. One way or another, I'm pretty sure, without the element of surprise, and the ability to run, they won't do as well. People with 99 everything would obviously do better, of course. That's what I go for, high everything.
-
where's the joy in playing RuneScape now?
You don't like skilling? Too bad. You don't like questing? Too bad. You don't like pking? Too bad. There is still pking and dueling. More risk involved in pking now, so it should be more enjoyable, but less risk involved in 1 vs 1 dueling, so it will be less for some people. Duel tournaments? Ever try them? They're quite risky and difficult, and you can win up to 64mil while risking 1mil, so that's always nice.
-
Natures and Runecrafting.
I'd blame the Graahk for this. I noticed the prices lowering quite a bit before the runecrafting guild. The runecrafting guild didn't really speed runecrafting itself up (unless you complete all GOP games with all altars owned), but I suppose the ability to gain pure essence easier made an impact. Is that it, or is there some way that the tabs did speed up runecrafting, even if you count the time spent getting the tokens? Oh, and I was never much of a runecrafter, so it isn't really effecting me in a bad way. In fact, since magic is one of my favorite skill, I sorta like this change. Don't get mad at me, but SOMEONE's got to benefit from some change, so don't call me selfish. Not everyone's going to take your side.
-
Baskets of Strawberries
I'd only use them when I'm fighting a monster that doesn't damage me often. In between fights, I'd just empty the strawberries, pick my favorite, then chow down. I'm pretty sure I'll be using baskets of strawberries now, seeing as they heal so much for so cheap. However, for boss monsters and pking, they'd be WAY too much of a hassle to empty, and eat, hoping that the opponent doesn't do another 25 damage before you eat them all. Even anchovy pizzas take too long to eat when it comes to pking.
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
So it's "treating like crap" if I try to teach them something in an ironic fashion? I just don't want them annoying me, or anyone else, for that matter. Maybe they'll see it's a waste of time for someone just to show off this fancy little emote, when they can easily look it up on Youtube if they really cared.
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
Couldn't agree more. Didn't I already say why I like to wear the cape?
-
Bounty Hunter - Huge Mistake On Behalf Of Jagex?
Third time I've posted that on this thread. Sorry, kinda hard to keep up with all the posts. That's a good idea, having smaller level difference in craters. But by no means is Bounty Hunter a lazy solution to RWTing, it just needs some tweaking. I also found it hard to find the post you were referring to when you said that it was easy to transfer for RWTing, so I'm sorry for not noticing that sooner. Ahh well, I gotta get to bed, but I shall awaken soon enough. So don't expect to hear anything from me unless I start sleep-posting again.
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
I have to sleep now, but don't worry, I'll be back. Tomorrow morning, I'm going on vacation, but at the lake house, we have internet connection and a laptop. Keep posting, I'll reply to them when I get a chance!
-
Unfinished storylines...
The universe will never get to the Big Crunch at this rate... There's an end to everything.
-
Bounty Hunter - Huge Mistake On Behalf Of Jagex?
Care to read what we're saying? It is NOT hard to transfer, meaning it's not hard to RWT. And I've never met someone who had xferred(most of the time not for RWT, but for free trade limit) who was banned for that. Just because you see no bots doesn't mean it's not thriving. Do YOU have any better solutions to stop RWT then? I see almost none of it, really, anyway. But if you see a problem, try and fix it. P.S. Could we stop talking about how to transer easily? It's not very smart to scream out into the internet.
-
Achievements: Latest, Greatest.. Pointless?
Greatest: Completing all the quests! Latest: I suppose completing both Meeting History and Spirit of Summer (in the same day, as a matter of fact) was pretty recent. It also ties in with my greatest achievement too, however. Pointless: 52 prayer. I spent a while on getting it, and I never really used smite often. That was before anything was beyond smite, so it was getting the highest prayer useable too. However, I needed 52 prayer to get at 64 prayer where I am today, but that, specifiacally isn't a big deal.
-
Unfinished storylines...
Red Axe, eh? That hasn't budged for a while now, has it? I totally forgot about it. After completing all the quests, you sorta blend some memories with others. Like that fond memory of cute little Doric's Quest somehow assimilated the entire Red Axe questline. Ahh well, now I remember. Let's hope Jagex does too...
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
Nope, I didn't. Put a couple more question marks on there and I might think of that faster next time. Obviously the defense bonuses are fine. If you really want the defenses (yes, without the prayer if you're trimmed) then grab an obsidian cape. But this is a game of interaction and it's multi-player for a reason. People complain of the game being "more solo than ever" and "not being able to help people as much as you used to". You now have an opportunity to show someone something they've probably never seen before (or at least not a lot) (and they probably look up to you if you've got them beaten in some skills) but we're coming up with a ways to teach people lessons? You're going to use the SAME time, if not MORE JUST to make someone feel bad and more than likely, they won't even know why. -People train skills to 99, sometimes ONLY for the emote. Do you think they do it so they can show themselves the emote over and over? No. -The emotes were put there for a reason. -As long as people are ASKING you and not being jerks about it, whats the big deal? If you're fighting something out in the heat of battle (where you're using the defensive bonuses), no one's going to ask you to do it out there. If you're not in the battle, and at the bank or something, either take the cape off (no defense bonuses needed at edge?) or just do the freaking emote if people ask nicely. Come on. I wear the cape for respect, defence bonuses, and to look better. MANY people would love to come up to me and call me a noob for no reason. I've experienced it before. People will start insulting you, or arguing with you unless you can prove you aren't "just some noob". There's less of a chance some noob/choob/jerk/whatever will walk up to you and start a fight if you have a quest cape on. Personally, I don't appreciate arguments all the time (though i do appreciate them sometimes). People can be very cruel, and I like to do what I can to stop them from hurting my feelings, or me having to hurt theirs. I also do like the respect, even if it doesn't mean stopping arguments, but maybe attracting compliments. It's nice every once in a while for someone to plainly come up to you, and say "Congratz on beating all the quests," or even a simple "Nice cape." There's nothing wrong with that, right? Sometimes, it goes from stopping negative, to somewhat positive, to all out begging for an emote. When it gets there, it gets irritating. That's when I tell them to "dance for me" to show them that they can waste their time just like they want me to and get nothing out of it. Usually that gets them off my back, and, I hope, off anyone else's in the future.
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
Okay: THAT is the definition of being a [bleep]. Even if you're trying to "help them" and "teach them" something. What if I like watching them dance? They could EASILY go on Youtube and watch all of the cape emotes. Something is preventing them from doing that, and something is preventing me from respecting that annoying choice. I'm just turning the tables on them, and making them see what it's like to waste their time for nothing, is there anything wrong with that, really? It's no worse than what they're doing, that's for sure.
-
Greedy people.
Yeah, it annoys me too. I vote for switching worlds. If you're looking for a good fire giant spot, you must be used to world hopping by now. I know, it's a pain, but I think these... Low Life Leaving Later Lootingers are worse! I just made that up right now! I'm pretty proud of myself now...
-
The Anti-Emote-Plox Trick (AEPT)
Phew, good thing I didn't quote all those quotes, it would have been crazy! Like, seriously, pretty and totally crazy... Srsly... OKAY, on topic! I don't get it A LOT, but it's rather insulting if you ask me. Should I sit stop what I'm doing just to please them? No, so I turn it around on them. That usually teaches them, and hopefully, they won't pester other people for their emotes after injected with Cheefoo's patent(pending)ed logic injection. It saves other people time, and saves me from having to tend to these jerks' annoying wants. What do you mean by that exactly?