Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
jagex favors melee
Melee hits very high. Very very high... it can kill people very quickly. Dds can kill quick, and dragon claws even quicker. They aren't very accurate on other armor, but against rangers and especially mages, they're super deadly. If a meleer surprise attacks a mage, screw the combat triangle, the mage is dead. Range hits very high too, but not as high. It hits through melee armor quite well. A ranger with a dark bow can one hit kill almost anyone from a distance if they're lucky. They can beat meleers and especially mages. Also, meleers can wear range armor for magic defence, thus wrecking the combat triangle, so the mage has a disadvantage. Simply put, melee takes half of the reason range beats mage, thus tipping the balance. Not to mention range's special bolt abilities. Range is great against bosses because of their ability to hit 20% of the opponent's hp. Against monsters, range is great, it's cheap, strong, and you can kill certain monsters without damage. Melee is also great for monsters, as barely any use magic, and melee armor defends against range and melee well. The biggest flaw in melee against mages is their close range only weapons. Against monsters... that's negated. Melee is best for Ppayer versus monster except on a few occasions. Magic... It can hit up to 30 damage from a distance, and freeze the opponent for 20 seconds! Great. Against range, the ranger just keeps shooting, doing much more damage at a faster rate, and more accurately. In other words, magic has no chance to beat range, yet range can beat melee quite often. Against melee, mage can freeze the meleer in place, so they can't even attack. Sounds good, but if they miss once, the meleer can kill the mage very very quickly with a special attack. Don't forget the fact that meleers can wear RANGER AMROR without ANY negative bonuses! Mage hasn't had an update in a long long time, and it's very expensive compared to the others, meaning, it's just not fun to use. When fighting monsters, magic can fight some without taking damage, like range, hooray! However magic costs more, hits lower, and attacks slower. The only good part about magic against monsters is that with ancients you can hit multiple monsters. It works in pvp too, but doesn't exactly come in use often, if ever. So, let me sum that up... Range: pvp: beats melee sometimes and mage always pvm: very good but melee is better Melee: pvp: beats range usually and always beats magic if they get the first hit, but otherwise, magic usually wins IF the meleer doesn't use range armor, but if they do, they will probably win pvm: probably the best, high defence against range and melee, and monsters barely use magic Magic: pvp: beats a stupid meleer, if they wear range armor, mages will probably lose, always loses to range pvm: very expensive and you can only survive if you safespot, the multitarget is great, but super expensive
-
The time has (almost) come!
I know this may sound TOTALLY weird, but could music become a skill? When you try and play an unenchanted lyre you say "I don't know where to begin with this!" or something along those lines. I suppose in the future, there could be a music skill used to play it. Music skill could be used for novelty, playing different instruments. It could be used for entertaining NPCs for money, holding concerts for your friends. The snake charm flute can be played with many different notes, so maybe we could have pianos to play? You could train the skill by playing ingame songs on your instruments! It sounds like a pretty small skill, but Jagex could expand it in some crazy way. It's a possibility, but not a big one... And as for sailing, I find it strange that they took out the canoe animation. When you go on a canoe, it just shows you moving on a map, not the close up thing anymore. I don't think it counts as proof in any way, but I find it odd.
-
New RuneScape HD mini-videos at login page?
In world select, click the heart next to the world. Now you can just click on it without going to the world select and finding it. It's very useful, however you can only favorite two at a time.
-
Noone doing Duel Tournaments?
I think you're generalising too much here. The vast majority will atleast say "gf" afterwards. And the argument to try at a busier time isn't valid, since there were 155k people online at the time. Well, I generalise a lot... But those are usually the type of people I run into. I must have bad luck in every aspect... So I guess no one likes duel tournaments, what do you want me to say? I wish more people would play though, in case I ever get over my fear of stuck up PKers.
-
Evidence Jagex planned for WGS quest
Remember when trying to talk to him just said "You already completed Temple of Ikov". In fact, he behaved like that until While Guthix Sleeps was released. Also, the Guardians of Armadyl wore Saradomin symbols... I was expecting them to update that a while ago, but they put it off until the big quest.
-
RuneScape: Number 5 in Yahoo!'s Top 10 Searches of 2008
Everybody on the internets uses The Google now, not so much of The Yahoo. You need to use strategery when finding popularity.[/bush] Even though a lot of people use Google instead, it's still rather surprising that Runescape is rated so high.
-
Runescape 'Everests'
well, get that 20 times and he's dead. That's not how it works. Yeah, it hits a percentage of the current hp. However, it would still hit 100's until he's at 499 health, I believe.
-
Noone doing Duel Tournaments?
Personally, I don't do duel tournaments often. I'm not a big serious PvPer. I like the normal duel arena because it's fun, and everyone (except the egotists) doesn't take it seriously. Sometimes I like to wear ringmaster just for the fun of it, and see if I can win. Duel tournaments, on the other hand, cost money, and everyone very competitive. You need to spend money to even get in, and depending on the rules, spend money to survive. Everyone will easily make fun of you, accuse you of safing, call you names, because they're in competitive "must win" mode, and forget about manners. I just like dueling for fun, but if I wanted to PvP for profit, I'd use PvP worlds or Bounty Hunter. Of course, not everyone's like me. So just try at a busier time.
-
The time has (almost) come!
Are you kidding? People were talking about construction waaaaay before it came out. I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make... Jagex never really gave any hints just before the skill came out. It was a big surprise, it came out of nowhere, is what I mean. In the case of hunter, I never heard them say ANYTHING about it, and wasn't expecting it. So you never know when a new skill is going to come out. So does anyone have any ideas on what could count as a skill? What more skills could they possibly release, if any?
-
[1st Rls Published] Should i develop this? Please Help Me..
If it doesn't go against any rules, yes, keep developing it. I'd probably use it if it can be used in Runescape's Fullscreen mode. It gets annoying switching modes to search highscores, or for monster stats etc.
-
The time has (almost) come!
Or, instead of a skill, they'll open up the Eastern Lands! I can't wait to see that! However, there's nothing wrong with making a new skill, is there? What's the downside of a new skill, besides the chance of re-rolling, and hoping they made a better update instead? I think they'll just release a whole lot of content in the "East" instead of a new skill. Or maybe they would have a new skill unlocked there! NINJA SKILL ZOMG?! I don't think so... But if they release the East, it would bring updates to tons of skills, new weapons, new clothes, new items, maybe even a new skill, who knows?
-
The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]
I think they have a few "planes". One is the ground level world map. Another is the level above that, and maybe some more above that. When you use the world map on those levels, it shows where you would be if you were on the ground level, in other words, it's accurate. Then there's -1 level, as explained in a development diary. It's a rather new level, mostly made for water effects to look pretty. Then, there's the "other dimension". It's the plane where dungeons, underground areas, special areas etc. go. Either they're on their own level, or they're on the ground level, but far our of the world map. Whenever you open the map in one of them, it goes to Lumbridge for some reason. Sometimes you can see other areas from another in this plane, such as we see with the Corporeal Beast's lair.
-
The time has (almost) come!
It's great that you don't want a new skill, or don't think one's coming out, but one is coming out rather soon. Construction and Hunter had barely any hints before they came out. After farming, skill came out usually within a year or so of eachother, so we should be expecting one soon.
-
The time has (almost) come!
It's almost been a year since summoning came out, a new skill should be coming soon. What do you think it will be? Discuss whatever skills you think will be coming out! So does anyone have any ideas on what could count as a skill? What more skills could they possibly release, if any? Personally, I think SAILING is a possibility. Yes, I really said that. It would be a great skill, in my opinion. Pirates, ships, unlocking new areas! So what do you think will be the big yearly update? Usually, it's a skill, could it be something else even?
-
prayer - only by saradomin?
Elite black knights clearly say that Zamorak has abandoned them when then run out of prayer. I think it's a Saraodomin symbol to remind the player of what potion it needs. If it was a Guthix symbol, it could look like it needs a balance potion. It was just for the sake of the puzzle.
-
An Unlikely Coincidence
Don't forget that he mentioned a "ritual" to invoke its powers. Simply touching it doesn't make you a god. Lucien also has the Staff of Armadyl, as we know, can give someone godly powers. With the two artifacts, Lucien has enough power to become a god, it's only a matter of time...
-
The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]
It's just like how I used to be able to see what seemed like the Freaky Forester's area from the rune essence mine. Or like how the air altar was in the wilderness according the the sextant. Also, when in a dungeon, or somewhere not on the world map, if you open the map, it centers on Lumbridge. It might just be the default area to zoom in on... or maybe not...
-
New RuneScape HD mini-videos at login page?
I don't see anything wrong with that picture... Am I missing something?
-
Runescape 'Everests'
Holy hell, I never knew that! That changes everything! Well, a lot at least...
-
Runescape 'Everests'
...Or, you could use lootshare for charms, or use summoning scrolls for experience. Ophidian Incubation, Fish Rain, Egg Spawn, Cheese Feast, and Fruitfall scrolls will all give you a profit. :ugeek: For now they do... But it would still cost billions to get high enough level to use them, I'm pretty sure. It would also be faster to make pouches into scrolls, as the familiar special bar takes some time to fill. So if you were to make a profit it wouldn't be super super super slow, it would be super duper super super duper slow.
-
Runescape 'Everests'
Untrimmed summoning cape WITHOUT ANY OTHER COMBAT LEVELS ABOVE ONE! It's possible, and you get a cookie if you figure out how. Hint: it would cost a few hundred BILLION gp.
-
The Hardest Thing in Runescape...
Actually a hammer can't batter dragon - so the hardest thing in the game i would think would be the hammer you get from the dwarfs in keldagrim for 1 mill that an batter the dragon. (i want a hammer as a weap - maybe change their platelegs into a plateskirt with a couple of blows like you can in smithing) What about smithing a d sq together? No, it only melds them together somehow. I can't imagine just smacking it so hard that they stay together...
-
The Hardest Thing in Runescape...
Actually a hammer can't batter dragon - so the hardest thing in the game i would think would be the hammer you get from the dwarfs in keldagrim for 1 mill that an batter the dragon. (i want a hammer as a weap - maybe change their platelegs into a plateskirt with a couple of blows like you can in smithing) Just smith it into a sword, they couldn't possibly wear a sword as pants! Hmmm, wouldn't a chisel be harder? It can cut diamonds in seconds. Even cut them into arrowtips!
-
Quest Cape Respected Now
Pfft, Quest Cape takes no skill... Cooking, come on, that's amazingly difficult. You never know when the lobster might run away and hide in a dungeon with horrid traps and a complex story behind it, challenging your puzzle solving skills to the max, not to mention ALL the boss monsters, oh the boss monsters! Oh, and you could burn your hand! If you ask me, the Quest Cape should be one of the most respected capes. It takes much less time than most other skill capes, but if you don't use guides, it actually takes THINKING, not just grinding for hours and hours. Of course, since most people can't be bothered to think, they just use guides, never even bothering to read the story, or do anything for themself. I suppose either people think "Oh it doesn't take a lot of time, so it's 'teh noob cape'", or "Ugh, just another person who follows guides and don't think for themself".
-
Has anyone tried this yet?
I tried it! It worked! Some big dragon came out and bit me, doing 49 damage. My armor was destroyed, but I got 10 tokens! YES!