Runescape 'Everests'

Danqazmlp

A little story to start us off:

In 1953 Sir Edmund Hillary and a Nepali'se man Tensing Norgay Attempted to climb Everest, the biggest challenge any two men could undertake at the time. Upon reaching the top they became legends, hero's, and had achieved the unnachievable.

Back to today, many hundreds of people have achieved this 'unnachievable' task, Many have died trying, However very few have gone down in history as Hillary and Norgay.

How does this relate to rs?

There are, or should i say, was, a vast amount of 'Everests' in runescape, ranging from 99 in single, or all skills, attaining items nobody else ever has, being the first to overcome certain feats. Many try these but very few succeed.

However as the years roll on, as in real life, there is less and less that people can be one of the first few to achieve. In runescape, with such a huge player base, the first 100-200 people overcoming these 'Everests' are the ones who go down in virtual history.

But here is my main discussion point, what's left, what unnachievable tasks are there that are still unbeaten?

Even the massivve task of maxing out all skills is coming up on the 100 mark (84 last time i checked).

The only 'Everest' i could think of that still hasn't been done very often is the Champions challenge, i would estimate that only around 150 people at most, as a high estimate have completed this.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is still one item in the entire game that IS POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN, but nobody has it yet.

The item: untrimmed summoning skillcape

untrimmed summoning cape is just as hard as untrimmed slayer skillcape. Think of all the charms you need. And that since it is still not a year old yet, people started training it with already trained melee stats, mage stats, range stats. So to have summoning be your first 99 is quite an accomplishment. Id say that is its own runescape "everest" ;)

there is still one item in the entire game that IS POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN, but nobody has it yet.

untrimmed summoning cape is just as hard as untrimmed slayer skillcape. Think of all the charms you need. And that since it is still not a year old yet, people started training it with already trained melee stats, mage stats, range stats. So to have summoning be your first 99 is quite an accomplishment. Id say that is its own runescape "everest" ;)

someone already has done it ;)

and it was same person who got slayer cape

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

http://hiscore.runescape.com/hiscoreper ... er1=lorica

wat?

It's Villandra/Slayerbelle/Ellebreyals

Foooman.png

I'm pretty sure Villandra has an account with untrimmed summoning cape, the name completely escapes me however.

Edit~ Someone beat me to it. Lorica...

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I would say it would have to be an untrimmed slayer cape.

A untrimmed summoning cape isn't as hard a people believe, it costs around 20M (costs more but drops cover the rest) and all you have to is camp. While untrimmed slayer you need to kill a bunch of different monsters, have different equipment, ect.

Basically it takes longer. ::'

Though a construction cape is up there because I believe the only people who have it are those who truly believe it's just a game.

~ Captainkidd

I would say it would have to be an untrimmed slayer cape.

A untrimmed summoning cape isn't as hard a people believe, it costs around 20M (costs more but drops cover the rest) and all you have to is camp. While untrimmed slayer you need to kill a bunch of different monsters, have different equipment, ect.

Basically it takes longer. ::'

Though a construction cape is up there because I believe the only people who have it are those who truly believe it's just a game.

~ Captainkidd

That argument is highly debatable, since the charms from summoning most often come from slayer tasks. Yes, there are other ways such as barraging Rock Lobsters or killing Waterfiends, but those are not cost effective methods of training, and all have roots in combat.

hzvjpwS.gif

99 summoning at 10 hp,99 slayer at 10hp (I know there's another Villandra pure getting one of these, one got it yet :))

Kill corporeal beast with a rubber chicken, soloing corporeal beast.

At fire when I saw title I though it was an suggestion for a mega mountain where there would be loads of monster blocking your way and caves and stuff, could actualy be a cool update o.o

ib7rVm.png

-Solo Corporal Beast

-Any boss monster w/o prayer

-Fight Caves no prayer

-20+ points scored for CW. I think only a handful of people achieved this

-1m+ points in SC, people tell me it's possible. I've never seen a screenie...

-Getting a Farming Cape in under 4 months who be pretty darn impressive to me.

How'd that kid get 99 untrimmed summoning? :wall:

-Solo Corporal Beast

-Fight Caves no prayer

I've killed Zilyana, Graardor, KBD, and I believe K'ril with no prayer. Dozens of people have gotten 1M+ in SC, thanks to the silly exploit. Fight Caves no prayer is basically just a massive waste of money and time, but not all that difficult, seeing as people have taken Jad down without pray.

If the Jad is a boss, then someone no prayed it,

~no praying the Corporal Beast

~no arming, or rubber chickening the Corporal Beast...

~this would be like Olympus Mons of Runescape, lvl 3 with an hp cape

~a 99 skill using only lamps and the like

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

-Solo Corporal Beast

-Fight Caves no prayer

I've killed Zilyana, Graardor, KBD, and I believe K'ril with no prayer. Dozens of people have gotten 1M+ in SC, thanks to the silly exploit. Fight Caves no prayer is basically just a massive waste of money and time, but not all that difficult, seeing as people have taken Jad down without pray.

Aye on the boss prayer one. Didn't think it would be impossible either, but certainly it was difficult? What about DKS when all three are on you?

The SC one was just that, and exploit. I believe they've fixed it with the negative score update. So now it could be a real accomplishment.

I believe we still have yet to see the level 3 with a summoning cape. Oh, and of course the level 3 with the slayer cape.

99 summoning cannot be achieved at level 3 combat.

actually with much money and exp lamps its not a problem ...

I believe we still have yet to see the level 3 with a summoning cape. Oh, and of course the level 3 with the slayer cape.

It gives combat levels.

2j3qh46.jpg

first person to no-life 200m xp in all skills? :twss:

i want to be the first person to 200,000,001 firemaking xp >-<

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Wouldn't summoning and health points raise your combat level, so scrach the 3rd one from my above post. :oops:

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

ohhh just looked back in the thread and found this.

If the Jad is a boos, then someone no prayed it,

~no praying the Corporal Beast

~no arming, or rubber chickening the Corporal Beast...

~this would be like Olympus Mons of Runescape, lvl 3 with an hp cape

~a 99 skill using only lamps and the like

you would need 15049 lamps from 1-99 in a skill, i calced it out some time ago for my construction guide i guess it would be impossiblew to get that amout of lamps

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

It gives combat levels.

Just go to a f2p world.

Anyway, I forgot to mention the skills without 200m xp'ers yet.

• -HP

-Prayer

-Magic

-Mining

-Agility

-Slayer

-Farming

-Runecrafting

-Construction

-Summoning

Some of them are pretty close, and some of them are a long way off. We'll see.