Everything posted by Stev
-
A Quick Update
Worked a lot on DGConnect again today. Ran into a few issues, however. You can read the current method for sending and retrieving the map in the first post. I made a slight boo-boo with this. I had intended to send a 24bpp but just realized I never changed it from 32bpp. So it's sending larger chunks of data then it has to. This'll obviously change. Today I got it to successfully capture the map and save it to buffer (BMP). Easy enough. It then compresses and converts this buffer to hex to upload quickly and efficiently. To give you an idea, it compresses a 262KB image down to 40KB. The current versions don't do this... But they are using GIF files, which are only ~30KB to begin with. However, why use a large BMP buffer when I can use a much smaller GIF/JPG? This is where I run into my problem. Unlike BMP, a GIF/JPG would be around 10.5KB/10.3KB before compressing. That is 1/4 the size of an already compressed BMP buffer. Great, but not good enough for my liking. When I try to compress GIF/JPG, it fails... So that's what I have to spend my next session fixing. Lol. Keep in mind that it's already down to little over half the size that it was and no longer requires reading/writing of any files; everything is done entirely in memory. The new DGSweeper's memory usage will also be below 3MB, down from its original 15MB and will free memory used by your RuneScape client if it gets too high! I've had people testing this. They've reported their memory usage by their RuneScape clients (most JagexLauncher[Caution: Executable File]) dropping from excess of 250-500MB down below 10MB. This should greatly help out people who don't have top--of-the-line PCs. :). Anyways, more news as it comes. Almost done the basic classes and such. Been a crazy few days, but should be back on it full force soon. :).
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Sold a few floors today. Only from 289 to... ...today.
-
Hallowe'en Treat: Scary Bonus XP Weekend!
I don't mind these events, I think it's great. I dislike, however, how Jagex denies that we'll be seeing BXPWs in the future and here we are.
-
My DG has stopped working...
Often times, yes it'll capture a carpet. :P. Once I get a reply from a friend that'll (hopefully) be fixed.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
So after an unfortunate event involving misplaced trust resulting in losing 900M, I decided to keep track of my GP made over the next few days (maybe weeks) from selling floors to make it back. Could just gAmble it (irony) back in a few hours, but I love to DG so... Selling floors it is. Anyways, here's my progress from 2 days. Will not spend until that pile says 900M: Ohaiderbotwatch.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Omfg, congrats Kim! Now... You are ready... :P.
- JeRambo's Blog
-
It's Super Effective!
Not to bring up old issues buuut... I've not spoken a word to you. Kelly did. How do you plan to return them when I can no longer contact you? I've just found out that not only have you removed x EiDoS x (my brother) from your friends list, you've now removed Kelly, myself, and the rest of PvMS. That's probably a good idea. Enjoy the free 900M, mate. I'd have easily trusted you with countless more, but good to see that money is greater then friendships in your eyes. To think... If you'da asked for it, you could have gotten partyhat. :). See you around, and pray that it's not at a boss or some place dangerous. :wub:. Anyways, I'm done with this issue and won't be posting about it further. What's done is done. I felt it was fitting to post in this thread as he had initially brought it up here. If you have an issue with it, shoot me a PM.
-
It's Super Effective!
A few issues with this. 1. Was a Divine, not an Elysian. 2. You left full Pernix and Divine on the ground to keep what? A CCB and a CM? What were the other two items? 3. Complaining about being on a huge losing streak staking in CC Sunday morning before your 'death' and still wouldn't trade it back. 4. Telling us you're only on to do SoF, then logging. Yet you left CC, turned PM off, and sat in Serpent Eye. I'm a TIFer, c'mon now. 5. Deleted x EiDoS x: 6. If I can really be bothered, I'll do the rest in PM. Yeah, but it's the last time I lend anybody, except Jeremy, anything worth more then 10M. Sorry guys. RIP 900M.
-
Altar suggestion
Kim knows her stuff. ;). Should be sellin' floors with me! *Nudge nudge*.
-
Altar suggestion
I'm currently trying to design a tabbed interface. Once I do there won't be a problem adding skill icons. However, for now, why not use the GoS? :P.
-
Best money making methods in the game
The difference between leech clans and dice clans is that people are only paying 2M for a service, not 100M+ on a bet. :P. I do freak some people out when I sell though... They give me their payment of 2-3M and I plant a flower as I say good luck. They just sit there like, "Um... WTF?"
-
My DG has stopped working...
I need your map to be showing too. :P. But you see, especially in that second image, where there's lines along the borders, corners, etc? More specifically, look at the corners of the chat box, as it's most noticeable there. It also exists on the dungeoneering map. Odd that that slight change will stop it from working, yet it falsely picks up carpets and such. :P.
-
My DG has stopped working...
Yeah, when ever that's the case, for some reason it really messes with RuneScape. For example, you'll notice a lot of the buttons don't line up with their edges, the map has a dark solid line down the middle, interfaces have gaps between the borders, etc. Gets ugly. :P. As for a fix... Not sure. I've been working on newer/better ways of looking for the map. Lately I've been expanding and working together with a decently sized group of people on functions to speed things up and make things faster and more reliable. DGConnect, for example, is being worked on right now by Suresh and myself. You can rest assured I'm always thinking about ways to make it better. Occasionally they hit me when I'm not really trying to... Eventually a solution will for this problem. :P. EDIT: If it's not too much, could you post a PNG screenshot with the settings that do not work? It could help me out some time down the road.
- RuneCats - Twitter photo competition! 1st October 2012
-
JeRambo's Blog
Yeah, I know. The problem is: A: Unstable internet connection. B: Laptop that randomly shuts down at times. C: Don't have dreadnips/goliath's, etc. D: Never been crashed once. Going in dhide, amulet of range, arma helm, divine ATM. Divine is borrowed. Getting around 30 kills in a trip of 3 overload flasks. If you needed the Pernix too, I wouldn't care. If people lose stuff legitimately (I know you'll chuckle at that), not being careless, it doesn't bother me. Accidents happen. :P.
-
My DG has stopped working...
Is anyone else having a problem? If I was at home I'd be able to look deeper into it, but I'm at work. *Peers around for the boss*. The fact that it only works in OpenGL reminds me of an issue players were having before. Can you do me a favor? Take a non-resized, PNG screenshot of your entire screen, with DGSweeper running. The RuneScape dungeoneering map must be shown. Since you said it won't capture in fixed, I'd assume it's not an issue with the navigation bar settings. DGSweeper knows which display mode you're in and knows that there is always a navigation bar in fixed... And adjusts its search accordingly. Before I do or see anything, my guess is anti-aliasing. Just a guess though; I need to see pictures to prove it and give a solution. :P. Thanks for posting!
-
how do you turn it off
http://open.tip.it/pages/view/dgsweeper.htm#hotkeys http://open.tip.it/pages/view/dgsweeper.htm#tray_menu :P.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Make sure when uploading to ImageShack you select, "Do not resize". It should be in a drop down list. Ftfy.
-
Exciting Partnerships with SwiftKit & SwiftIRC, and New Tip.It Feature!
People aren't advertising Sell Dung in this thread. They're commenting on a background image which has Sell Dung on it. #Keyers has a lot of dungeoneering records because it has a lot of DGS members, as does Sell Dung. :P. Tip.It isn't advertising them, nor is this forum. I am, on my application. Seems fair since I've been a member of theirs for a few months. :P. They're great people with great attitudes. I've really enjoyed my time keying with them.
-
A Quick Update
[Removed] Just a sample. Of course, not at all fully working yet. I rather like this design over the others. You'd be able to hide the tabs to the right by using the button above the map. The different tabs will be different sizes, obviously. It won't need a window that big for riddles, for example. Thoughts?
-
Best money making methods in the game
Precisely what I was thinking. He'd have to dramatically raise his stats for that though.
-
A Quick Update
Just so that you don't think I've abandoned DGSweeper, I figured I'd give everyone a run-down on what I've been doing. My main priority for the past little while has been fixing DGConnect. I dislike the method it currently uses to transfer data. To give you a very simple idea of how DGConnect works: Captures the map Saves the map as a temporary GIF Reads the GIF and converts data to hex Uploads the hex The receiving computers then: Retrieve the new hex data Save the hex data as a GIF Use GDI+ to get a bitmap from the GIF Draw the new bitmap onto DGSweeper This is a bit sloppy, but with the limitations we had at the time of making it, it was our only choice. However, the past few weeks I've been working with a very close friend who is also great with GDI+ and who's helped me out many times in the past. We've written a few great compressors (which compress data to 10% of its original size) which will be used to compress the image data. This alone would speed up DGConnect incredibly. When drawing with GDI+, you're dealing with pointers to the bitmaps. So, for example, if I displayed the value of the corner image's bitmap, it'd be something like 2098 (some random number). However, if I sent that pointer to your PC and told it to draw it, yours would go, "WTF is this?" So, now we've got to design something for hbitmap to buffer. With that, we'll no longer have to create, read, upload, download, read, and draw from a file. It'll be a quick and reliable solution. This will also fix the issue people are having with DGConnect where their maps disappear when it captures their map. Hopefully, once released, this will encourage people to use and take part in DGConnect - and make random and organised dungeoneering teams more fun and easy for everyone. On the side, I've been completely redesigning the tool. This isn't quite a priority. So long as requests come in, they'll be added to the current build and released until the new one is ready. This project is being done alongside another project of mine - creating an entire RuneScape class for developers. I've also been adding support for multi-languages. For this, I mean things like riddles and emotes. However, this is dependent on people giving me feedback and screenshots, so there is no ETA. As always, if you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post. :). Happy dungeoneering! Edit: Can someone (who has used DGConnect) check their working directory and tell me if there's a BEEP.gif? I think I may have forgotten to remove something in the last release. :P.
-
You have been banned!
Or Daemonheim. Like 1 in 2 people are getting whacked.
-
You have been banned!
8 people selling floors at DG just got banned. Now if I try to invite anyone, I get the message: WTF is this? Edit: I can't trade anyone either.