For the first time ever, free players will also share in the Bonus XP Weekend, with 20% more XP. Naturally, though, being a member will always give you a significantly greater bonus: double XP!
Grab your gear, examine your skill levels and start scheming – the weekend will run from noon (GMT) Saturday 27th October to noon (GMT) to Monday 29th October..
Keep an eye out for further details – we’ll tell you more as the event draws closer.
The RuneScape Team
Discuss this here.
Bonus XP Weekend FAQ
When is the Bonus XP Weekend?
The Bonus XP Weekend will run from noon (GMT) Saturday 27th October to noon (GMT) Monday 29th October.
I'm a member. How much bonus XP will I get?
You'll get twice the XP you'd ordinarily earn from most skill training activities.
Will the Bonus XP apply to training Summoning?
Yes! You will receive double Summoning XP when training on members' worlds.
I’m a free player! Will I receive bonus XP?
Yep! Players on free worlds will benefit from a x1.2 XP boost.
Will the XP modifier reduce over time as with previous bonus XP events?
No! The bonus XP modifier is set at x2 for members' worlds and x1.2 for free worlds for the whole weekend. Note that members on free worlds will only receive the x1.2 modifier.
How will other XP boosting items/effects work with the bonus XP?
Items such as skill training pendants or skill gear training sets will work in addition to the Bonus XP Weekend's benefits.
For example, if you were cutting normal trees while wearing the full lumberjack outfit during the weekend, your XP would be calculated as follows:
- The 25 XP normally received from cutting the tree would first benefit from the lumberjack boost, resulting in a bonus of 1.25 XP.
- The bonus XP modifier would then boost the standard 25 XP to 50 XP before adding the lumberjack bonus, totalling resulting in an end gain of 51.25 XP.
The following items will work during the Bonus XP Weekend:
- Lumberjack outfit
- Golden mining suit
- Constructor’s outfit
- Black Ibis outfit
- Master runecrafter robes
- Fishing outfit
- Squeal of Fortune training sets: Artisan’s, Blacksmith’s, Botanist’s, Sous chef’s
- Squeal of Fortune skill training pendants
- Brawling gloves
- Loyalty Programme auras that give a percentage XP bonus, such as Salvation, Corruption and Harmony.
Which training methods will be excluded from receiving bonus XP?
- Barbarian horn boosts
- Offering bones on a gilded altar
- Sacred clay items
- All Fired Up rewards
- Quest XP rewards, including Early Bird bonuses.
- Any items giving bonus XP which aren't listed in the list above (e.g. ancient effigies, strange rocks, genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, altars in player-owned houses, etc).
- XP rewards at the end of minigames/D&Ds (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, Jade Vine, Skeletal Horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc).
- Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Dungeoneering tokens, Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, Dominion Tower item exchange, etc).
- Any XP earned through the Assist System
- Clan Avatar XP boosts
- Recruit a Friend Bonus XP
- Festival of the Dead Bonus XP
Edited by Matt258, 17 October 2012 - 07:18 PM.
Changed weekend ending date.