Hallowe'en Treat: Scary Bonus XP Weekend!

Matt258

Anyone know if this will apply with summoning? :/

I would really like 99 summoning =p

They usually had a diff multiplier for summoning. Forgot what it was, like 1.2x or something

I would assume the cap still applies, but it's not stated if it is or not. So, I guess we can hope for confirmation.

S2buxtG.png

How dare they give away free XP. [bleep]ing [wagon].. Wait, what are we complaining about?

Since they're doing it based around the new combat system, I wouldn't be surprised if the bonus XP is only applied to combat skills only, which would have the most minimal impact on the economy.

• Like 1
tFtfA.jpg

which would have the most minimal impact on the economy.

I don't see what's wrong with having an impact on the economy. The economy would be dead boring without it!

• Like 1

I'm just perplexed by their timing. Right after ~1m free xp?

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

I'm just perplexed by their timing. Right after ~1m free xp?

I wonder what's for Christmas...

MmmMMmm, purple lewtz?! :twss:

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

How dare they give away free XP. [bleep]ing [wagon].. Wait, what are we complaining about?

So for anyone keeping score:

1: Complain about bonus exp weekends.

2: Complain when bonus exp weekends are replaced with promotions like the mad may necklace and promissory note.

3: Complain when they announce a bonus exp weekend that's also available to F2P'ers.

• Like 3

So why is everyone mad? Because you couldn't get your raw materials fast enough?

Get over yourselves. The game is a grindfest already. One bonus weekend won't do anything. You should be happy Jagex went against their word for once.

Finally, you don't have to PAY to get this bonus xp.

• Like 1

So why is everyone mad? Because you couldn't get your raw materials fast enough?

This is the RuneScape community. If Jagex announces a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains. If Jagex doesn't announce a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains.

• Like 2

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So for anyone keeping score:

1: Complain about bonus exp weekends.

2: Complain when bonus exp weekends are replaced with promotions like the mad may necklace and promissory note.

3: Complain when they announce a bonus exp weekend that's also available to F2P'ers.

This exactly. I hate to say this, but to everyone complaining:

just [bleep]ing quit if you are complaining about something like this, because you are insatiable.

• Like 1

Bob: Gotta stock up for BXP weekend!

*cue image of vault full of ores, logs, and all le jazz*

Jagex: Hey guys, no moar bxp, sorry

*cue Bob going through Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression*

Bob: Nooooooooo! It's a LIE!

*later*

Bob: Imma kill dem trolling mods!

*later*

Bob: C'mon Jagex, instead of two bxp, just one a year? Just one no? One is fine. C'mon jaggy. Let's figure something out!

*later*

Bob: WAAAAHHHHHH. My extremes, gone! WAAAAAHHH. My dreams, gone! WAAAAAAHH.

*later*

Bob: Pffff. FINE.

*heads to GE with wheelbarrow full of stuff*

Banker: Errr, sir? What can I do for you?

Bob: Sell all this stuff.

*mucho later*

Jagex: BXP! YAY!

Bob: WHAT?!

/random

• Like 3

2480+ total

Dammit Jagex, this is not the way to attract and keep players long-term members. If anything, this is making the loyal players fed up with the constant bull getting thrown as us, and only attracting short-term players unlikely to stay for the long haul.

How their updates for last few months appear:

SOF SOF Solomon SOF Solomon *Lie about how much we care about the game* SOF Solomon SOF *Goes back on their word, harming game and angering players* SOF SOF Solomon SOF.

Dammit Jagex, this is not the way to attract and keep players long-term members. If anything, this is making the loyal players fed up with the constant bull getting thrown as us, and only attracting short-term players unlikely to stay for the long haul.

SOF SOF Solomon SOF Solomon *Lie about how much we care about the game* SOF Solomon SOF *Goes back on their word, harming game and angering players* SOF SOF Solomon SOF.

Where does SOF or Solomon appear in their post? I wish I could slap you irl.

Uh, I was just listing the updates we have seen over the last few months.

Uh, I was just listing the updates we have seen over the last few months.

So they do something different and even offer free players something, and you don't have to do microtransactions to do it.

And you still complain.

I owe you one slap.

This is the RuneScape community. If Jagex announces a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains. If Jagex doesn't announce a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains.

I didn't complain about them removing it. Stop generalizing.