Everything posted by Arceus
-
Today...
My local supermarket claims they sell the same product both organic and conventional for the same price. And to their credit, it is the same product at the same price - blueberries - aside from the fact that organic is 6oz and one is 1 pint. I may not know how to convert the two off-hand but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere between a third and half the size <_<.
-
Fate of the Gods - Nihil fight with mid-level gear
That might be a task to get on ironman, but if you're doing Ranged perhaps black d'hide (boost with Crafting potion)? Or Royal, but that would require a bunch more crafting levels.
- Good VS Evil
- Count Up
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
- Count Down from 30k
- Why is it RuneScape.com and not RuneScape.co.uk?
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Okay then... Apparently, it seems like a glitch trying to tab back a message to a friend on their previous name who just name changed.
-
PSA: Death Rework LIVE next week!
No, it wouldn't be targeted at your average skiller, more at the people with money to burn going for 120/200M Herblore or whatever who will throw cash at it. I suppose it would also be helpful to people who could save up say 50M at once and go on an Herblore training spree. Because if you think about it, there are very few actual money sinks in the game. Prayer, Construction, and Herblore are not even true money sinks for the most part. For example when you train Prayer, while you do buy bones, do the coins you spend disappear? Nope. They go to whoever sold you those bones. That might be another player who spent some time slaying dragons for money (props to them) or it might be from a bot dumping materials after doing the same thing. And as I've pointed out years before and is further made evident by the spammers I get in the GE and in my PM, someone is buying that gold back through RWT. So, it doesn't really suck any money out of the economy, it just "rebalances" (or changes hands might be a better way of putting it) it in the same way that money through bonds sans tax do. Also RuneScape has had a sort of logistically correlated benefit to cost ratio for a while. Look at Prayer again. You have a whole huge table of bones you can use at an altar, from ridiculously slow (accursed ashes) all the way through Frost Dragon Bones or Searing ashes. Or take Smithing. You have Artisan's Workshop which has a huge range of options in terms of XP rates and hence efficiency, and much to my surprise, I have found some people that will chug vast amounts of resources straight in. Besides the notion of skillers training Herblore seems somewhat absurd. The major potions (super-antifire, prayer renewal, overloads, etc etc) are either combat related, untradeable, or both. Granted the juju potions might do something, but obviously a skiller isn't go to say '85 Herblore QBD here I come!' If you're referring to skillers making profit, well true I suppose, it would be nice for them to be able to use a high skill to mix Herblore potions and sell them off at a profit, but until those potions are slightly less marginalized I don't see that happening or a slight XP buff changing much of that. I can see where you are coming from though, and yes unfortunately skillers do get shafted much of the time - that's a story for another day. But if you are really suspect of me coming after people's skilling outfits, I guess that leaves one other option, which would be to boost them further (groan). Let them be "imbued" or something by throwing millions of GP directly from your coin pouch into your skilling outfit, which is then gone from the game, and gives a finite amount of time for a limited time boost to the outfit efficacy. Maybe 2M to temporarily boost a full skilling set to 7.5% instead of 5%, 20M for 10%, 200M for 12%. Some people will be that impatient or race to get them done in record time. I just think an idea to "fix" the economy/top-heaviness may involve using people's patience against them, so to speak.
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
-
Good VS Evil
630. Hiya Imperator, how are exams and such going?
-
Future Update Discussions
Oh dear. :unsure: 4 hours wouldn't be that bad but 37 is another matter entirely lol. Either that or killing a lot of armour suits...
-
PSA: Death Rework LIVE next week!
Something tells me that would be terrible for sentimental value/returning players or people taking a break though :P. "Oh, welcome back after 6 months - your Dragon has in the meantime degraded to dust! By the way do you want to buy some keys or bonds? Do you do you do you?" Now, speaking of clothes, maybe if we made the TH skilling outfits tradeable and/or degradable, and require X coins to recharge for a week of time or what have you, we could solve our economic problems and sate Jagex with key revenue simultaneously. Because a 5% Herblore bonus for the set may be something that high levels/completionist tier people would indeed go for, but maybe it would be too little anyway.
-
Bronze 2H cant hit lvl 2 ducks??
Yeah with EoC if you wear the wrong class of armour you get heavy penalties, so make sure you use melee armour (or no armour) with a bronze 2H to train, or you'll have a tough time training :P.
-
Weapon Poison
Regular or + don't require the nightshade, and are just as potent now (they last shorter than ++ but otherwise, not much difference).
- Good VS Evil
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
-
Today...
I know @Hawks was into 3D printing but I don't think she's been around for a while, sadly :(. I'll give it a shot though... Density is actually mass per unit volume (length cubed), so your density should be in units of (for example) g/in^3 or kg/m^3 - on the other hand in^3/g doesn't really make sense. So you would want to compute the volume of each piece and multiply by the cost, i.e. if for the frames: Volume of 6 frames = (~1.4925 in^3) * 6 = 8.955 in^3 Cost of 6 frames = (Volume of 6 frames) (Density of materials) (Cost per gram) = (8.955 in ^3) (? g/in^3) ($0.10/g) = $ (something) where I am not sure what the middle quantity is - maybe you just meant to type g/in^3 or should look over that again if not. I see the width on there but I'm not sure what the length is. As a reality check though, the whole set will be about 46g which is the equivalent of a couple ounces, if that sounds about right?
-
Future Update Discussions
It's been a while since I did Artisan Workshop but I did iron ingot (i) which were dirt cheap (iron at <100 gp helped of course) and I don't remember it taking that many hours to cap off respect, so there is a cost/time tradeoff available. And you can kill the animated ancestor armour sets too. I mean if you can tolerate pretty AFK XP, it can't be worse than rainbow fish!
-
PSA: Death Rework LIVE next week!
So something like the Well of Goodwill, except a more permanent and substantial effect. :-k
- Count Up
- Good VS Evil