Everything posted by Intriguing
-
What if you had 0$........
That depends. Will I still have my violin? If I do, I'd probably just start busking heaps and do some violin lessons. Wouldn't take that long to get some money together. If I didn't, I'd ask if I could borrow one off someone I knew, busk until I can buy my own, then yeah. You get the drift.
-
Its your Birthday!
My birthday is in 6 days. If I woke up to find a white Gibson Firebird V just sitting around, I'd be pretty happy. :) But nah. I'll just be given some money, and get what I want with it (my parents said they'd give me $50, and my grandparents will give me the same). So I'll probably go off and buy a straightener.
-
Help me learn to scream: real Hardcore and Death metal...
If they're the only metal bands you've listened to it's quite understandable that you think anger is the emotion portrayed in it. I listen to a fair bit of "Anger" metal, but also a fair bit of depressing stuff. Nadril has already listed half the bands I would have mentioned, plus some, so check them out. But some others I might recommend if you're at all interested are: - Shining (Make sure you get the Swedish one. Particularly their latest album, V: Halmstad.) - Lifelover - Isis - Cult of Luna There are many others I could list, but those are the least "aqcuired taste" ones I could think of.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
8/10 Haven't seen you around for a while.
-
The Dark Knight [Tag all spoilers, please]
Bear in mind, I haven't actually read any of the other replies in this thread. I didn't want to follow this thread before I watched it, and now I really can't be bothered reading 5 pages of replies. Ok, so I watched the movie for the first time last night. I watched the first hour and a half of it, and was really enjoying it when I got a call from some of my friends. Anyway, they came over to pick me up and we were going to go hang out with some other friends. Did that for a few hours, it was pretty fun. After we'd all dispersed, the two guys who came and picked me up came back to my house, and we watched the whole movie from the beginning. Before, I'd gotten to the part where [hide=]Batman is interrogating the Joker with the Police looking on[/hide], and even on the second watch, that whole one and a half hours of movie was fantastic. As we went on watching, I was getting more and more unimpressed. I know it's based on a series of comic books, but god, they weren't even trying to put any realism in it.. [hide=]Things like Batman somehow turning every single phone in the city into a SONAR thing was just ridiculous.[/hide] At the very end of it, I was pretty unimpressed. The last 40 minutes of the movie just pissed me off. That said, Heath Ledger was fantastic. Like, absolutely fantastic. But he wasn't actually the highligh of the movie for me. The highlight was: [hide=]about 40 minutes into the movie, where the polic are arresting all the criminals. Just after the Eastern European (the one with the dogs) is being arrested, there's this shot on the screen for about 3 seconds of this black guy being pinned down to the police cars getting handcuffs put on, and he's squirming around pretty crazily. Now, I know this is sort of racist, but when I saw that, I thought, "They takin' my fried chicken!" That made me laugh really, REALLY hard..[/hide]
-
What are you listening to right now!?
of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? (Album) Awesome.
-
Help me learn to scream: real Hardcore and Death metal...
I think if screaming makes it necessary for you take take one of those in between each song, you're probably doing it wrong anyway. It would be much more beneficial to learn the correct technique.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
1/10 Second time. :)
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
I really have nothing to base your music taste on other than that I know you like Tool and Lamb of God.. You may or may not already know this band, but I recommend you check out . I apologize if you already know them, but if you don't, Blood Mountain is a fantastic album, and what I've heard of Leviathan is very good as well (only heard about half of it though). EDIT: Sorry! I only looked at the first page of the thread. That was for Range_This11.. Based on you liking Ensifirum, I'm gonna have to say Turisas. I've only heard one album from them, Battle Metal, but it's pretty awesome for Viking Metal. [Last.FM] (@ OldJoe: Thanks for the recommendation. :) I already know Hypocrisy, but I'll check out Pain.)
-
saddest movie ever
I know! I can't believe I found a part of an Adam Sandler movie sad. :shock:
-
Help me learn to scream: real Hardcore and Death metal...
I'm just going to go ahead and ignore the whole "metal is childish" statement.. From what I've heard, The Zen of Screaming is definitely the way to go if you want to learn how to scream without ruining your voice. There's two DVDs out, The Zen of Screaming and The Zen of Screaming 2. I haven't seen either, so I can't talk about it first-hand. Check out her site for more information.
-
I Need A Guitar
Absolutely NONE of those guitars are beginner's guitars. To be honest, I think it's better to learn on a cheapish guitar, because if you want to sound alright, you really have to nail the technique. On a better, more expensive guitar, it's a lot easier to sound good. I can't really agree with you on Gretsch either. From my experience they tend to be either really trebley, or really bassy--not a very even sound.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
0/10
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
Well, you seem to be a pretty big fan of Death Metal, so I may as well recommend you the band that I've been obsessed with recently--Rotting Christ. Granted, they're Black Metal, not Death Metal, but there's some aspects of Melodic Black Metal in there.If you do decide to check them out, their latest album, Theogonia is my favourite so far. And Adio, thanks for the recommendation. What I've heard so far is sounding pretty good. [Last.FM]
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Rotting Christ - Thegonia (Album) All of a sudden.. I love this band. :)
-
Recommend an artist/band to the poster above you
Based on you being a "huge metal head" and apparently liking Prog, I'm gonna say . Of course, that's an incredibly biased opinion. I would recommend some Black metal, but I think I've already done that.] Last.FM - http://www.last.fm/user/Estrangement
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
0/10 All these new faces.. :shock:
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
6/10
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Haha, yeah, it gets a tiny bit repetitive.. Just decided to listen to a song from that album, 2mins in and I'm bored to tears. :lol: Hehe, and you were the person I first heard about Burzum from (well, I saw you post about him). The second track of that album is the awesomest one--Hermoðr á Helferð. Now: Rotting Christ - Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers (Album) Another album that can get repetitive at times. Still pretty fantastic bonecrushing metal though.
-
When I listen to music I shake
My mouse had a few layers of paint when I bought it...Its now just one layer of plastic,I've scratched away all the paint by tapping. Yay for self-taught drummers eh?I'm thinking of adding a new cymbal,but I'm not to sure about what China sounds like... China is the devil. Honestly.
-
I Need A Guitar
Biggest problem with getting a guitar that cheap is how quickly you grow out of it. At least if you spend ~$400, it'll do you well for a few years, then you can keep it as a gig backup or something.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Haha, yeah, it gets a tiny bit repetitive.. Now: Radiohead - Kid A (Album) Everyone loves Radiohead. Everyone.. Next: Blonde Redhead - 23 (Album)
-
Most over-rated band ever?
I'm not saying that speed and technicality is everything. As you've already pointed out, there are plenty of musicians who have amazing technique and are capable of playing very fast, and yet have pathetic musicianship as a whole (Yngwie Malmsteen, anyone?). But I would disagree with your statement that a musician's ability to "craft" their playing is the number one skill. It's damn important, but so is technique, inbuilt knowledge of theory, etc. I would argue that all of these things are as important as each other in terms of measuring the skill of a musician (though some are more important than others within certain genres). So, although you're correct in that Hendrix was indeed skilled in feeling the music, he lacked in other areas, which for me nullifies him from being one of the best guitarists in the world.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Earlier: Burzum - Dauði Baldrs (Album) Now: Burzum - Burzum/Aske (Compilation Album)
-
gusse the song!
Yeah, it's Truth by Seether. Just a note, it's pretty easy to find out the name of a song if you know the lyrics--even just a few words. Just type the words you know, along with the word "lyrics" into Google, and chances are it will show you the song.