Everything posted by Intriguing
-
Star Wars: The Famous Legacy
Star Wars is a trilogy now?
-
What Is Your Most Favourite Song?
All time: Song: Selkies: the Endless Obsession Artist: Between the Buried and Me Album: Alaska Absolutely amazing song. It doesn't matter how many times I've listened to it, the solo always gives me tingles. Currently: Song: Piesn Kurpiowska Artist: Karol Szymanowski Album: N/A Incredibly sad and moving piece. Szymanowski actually wrote it initially for chorus, then rewrote it for solo voice. Later on some editor rewrote it for violin. I learnt the violin piece a few months ago.
-
Help me out?
Well, at least we can rule out the song being by Britney..
-
The Dark Knight [Tag all spoilers, please]
I'm really, really looking forward to this movie. Like, to the extent that I'm probably going to leave the cinema disappointed, no matter how good the movie is.
-
Music genres you Can't stand?[flame war=ban]
This thread has made me lose alot of potential respect for the majority of the members of this board. That said, Choco, I love you. It's a pity your words will probably go ignored.
-
Quick question about some bands
...
-
Hancock
Better movies of this year? Really? I watched it the other night with a few friends and I was thoroughly unimpressed. =\ Except for the part where he throws the whale into the ocean. That was bloody hilarious.
-
Coke vs Pepsi
Pepsi MAX > Coke Zero > Vanilla Coke > Pepsi > Diet Coke > Coke I have absolutely no idea why I like the "no sugar" ones more than the normal ones.
-
America = the strongest country?
Definitely. Although that's bound to change soon.
-
The "Le Tour De France" tread! -now with support siggys-
You fail for saying fail, the most overused term on the internet right now! ....fail! Nice comeback.
-
New to guitar
What he said. Another thing I think is important is to find a teacher who will drill technique into you. It may seem really annoying and slow-moving at the start, but it's really very important to have a proper technique if you want to be able to play to the best of your ability. You could probably learn from YouTube if you can't afford a teacher. Either way, work hard on the technique at the start. So much easier than trying to learn it once you've been playing for a while.
- Your Wierd Allergies?
-
The "Le Tour De France" tread! -now with support siggys-
Lance Armstrong. ... And here ends my knowledge of cycling.
-
Music genres you Can't stand?[flame war=ban]
None so far. But I don't see why you made this topic, it's just going to turn into a flame-fest. Anyway, I gather that hatred of a genre generally stems from ignorance of the genre. If you actually go to the effort of asking for some recommendations from a few friends, and give it a chance, you'll probably end up liking it--or at least tolerating it.
-
Intelligent people = 'less likely to believe in God'
I know other people have said it, but it is important to note that IQ is a fairly inaccurate way of representing intelligence. I'm Agnostic myself. Almost all of my friends are Christian, and a fair few of them are very intelligent. However, something I've noticed is that a lot of the smarter ones--those who actually question their beliefs to make sure they're on the right track--tend to not to take the Bible too literally. On the other side, a lot of the Agnostics and Athiests that I've met tend to be absolute idiots, and have no foundation for their beliefs.
-
Top 10 Favourite Bands/Artists
I find it fairly difficult to rank artists. According to my last.fm, it goes: 1. Between the Buried and Me 2. Gravenhurst 3. Radiohead 4. Thom Yorke 5. of Montreal 6. Anaal Nathrakh 7. Diagnose: Lebensgefahr 8. Joe Pass 9. Roy Orbison 10. Ornette Coleman In actuality it might be a bit more like this: 1. Between the Buried and Me (Progressive Metalcore) 2. Gravenhurst (Indie Folk) 3. Dmitri Shostakovich (20th Century Western Art Music) 4. Thom Yorke (Indie Electronic) 5. Anaal Nathrakh (Grindcore-Infused Black Metal) 6. Keith Green (Christian Praise and Worship) -- Perhaps a bit odd that I think this guy's amazing, seeing as I'm not even Christian.. 7. Madvillain (Alternative Hip-Hop) 8. of Montreal (Indie Pop) 9. Hella (Math Rock) 10. Moëvöt (Dark Ambient) Some other bands that I was considering putting up are Tool, Shining, Mastodon, CunninLynguists, The Arcade Fire, and Seasick Steve.
-
Top 10 Favourite Bands/Artists
Woops..
-
George Carlin died today.
Yeah, my dad mentioned that. And she was what, like 40 something? Sad..
-
Two Questions can u anwser?
1. Musicians, writers, others who succeed in creative realms, as well as those who succeed in intellectual realms. 2. My brother.
-
The TIF Steam Community! Add your Steam Name here
Steam name : Destabilise Game : Counter-Strike Source I mostly play cs_compound, if that's at all relevant.
-
Did you ever randomly do something stupid?
No. I have never done anything random or stupid. Ever.
-
Backstage Passes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BLJ5a6aJOb8
-
Most over-rated band ever?
Gangsta is a language?
-
Anyone up for another "guess the movie" contest?
Here's where I start wishing I actually watched movies. $3 says How2PK will win.
-
The song that got you into your favourite...
Mordecai got me into Between the Buried and Me. The Diver got me into Gravenhurst. The Supreme Necrotic Audnance got me into Anaal Nathrakh. Gronlandic Edit got me into of Montreal. Atoms for Peace got me into Thom Yorke. Angel Without Wings by ZAO got me into the heavier side of metal. That's about it.