Everything posted by Intriguing
-
What instrument do you play?
I play violin, guitar, and bass. I started violin 10 years ago, so I'm pretty alright at it. Going to be doing my AMUS next year, once my HSC is out of the way. Also planning on doing part-time violin teaching from next year on. Guitar, I started maybe 4 years ago. I had lessons for the first 2 and a half. I play a really crappy Squier Strat, the frets are all messed up. I put a nice Seymour Duncan humbucker in, so it sounds alright. I also play a $100 Valencia classical. It's incredibly good quality considering it was so cheap. Bass, I only started about 2 months ago. I picked up myself a $400 Squier P-bass. It's pretty fun, and the previous experience with guitar makes it a lot easier. Also wanting to pick up the drums, but I'll leave that for about 2 or 3 years.
-
Learning any songs at the moment?
Guitar - A few little songs here and there. Nothing too difficult. Funeral Thirst by The Black Dahlia Murder is fun. Bass - Selkies: the Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me--I'm struggling with it, but I'll get there eventually. Violin - Praeludium und Allegro by Fritz Kreisler--Gotten most of it down. I'm just learning this one for fun. Raphsodie (Ungarische Weisen fur Violine und Klavier, op. 49) by Jeno Takacs--Just perfecting it. I only need it for my HSC, so there's not exactly any rush. Baal Shem (Three Pictures of Chassidic Life), 1. Vidui (Contrition), by Ernest Bloch--Pretty easy, but it's absolutely beautiful. I'm also going to start learning Summer from Vivaldi's Four Seasons when I get the music. I'm gonna be playing it in a concert sometime around June, so I want it down by April.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Between the Buried and Me - Colours (Album) Absolutely brilliant.
-
School..gives me a weird feeling
Last year I went from homeschool to school for the first time. But I was already friends with about half my grade, so it doesn't count. Anyway, you probably won't die, at least.
-
I'm not going to use, so here you go.
For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about you making a New Year's Resolution not to use drugs anymore.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Velvet Cacoon - Dextronaut (Album) Kind of an acquired taste, and a bit repetitive. I don't think I'm in the right mood or location to be listening to this. To listen to this kind of music you need to be sitting alone in a pitch black room, with either your headphones or sound system up pretty high, and just appreciate the atmosphere. Not America's best Black Metal.
-
Favourite/Least-Favourite Band/Genre
Maybe if you're going to bag out a genre you should learn something about it first. Anyway, I don't base whether or not I like music by what genre it is. I put my top 5 artists at the moment on the other thread. That might give a better idea.
-
Whats some of your fav TV series ?
How has no one mentioned the Mighty Boosh? That show is freaking hilarious. Anyway: The Mighty Boosh Veronica Mars Family Guy American Dad Scrubs The Office (US, I hate the UK one for some reason.) Chaser's War on Everything Summer Heights High--Way too overquoted, but still great. I'm a bit iffy on Scrubs though. I used to love it, but.. the 6th season. The only remotely funny episode in that season was the musical, and that was only funny because of the "guy love" scene. It's gotten really lame. I hope season 7 is better. Also, from what I've seen, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Outrageous Fortune are pretty good. Haven't seen enough of them to really know though.
-
How would you like to die?
By jumping out of a plane with no parachute into an incredibly crouded metropolitan center. The more people that see me splat the better.
-
Personal defense
What city is it? Oh and Off-Topic, ACA is full of [cabbage]. It's only good for givin the chasers material. :D Dubbo. West used to be dangerous, kind of. But then they (I don't actually know who "they" are. Coucil or Police I assume.) shipped off the people who were causing trouble to different cities.
-
Personal defense
According to A Current Affair, my city is the most dangerous city in Australia. That just shows what a load of crap that show is. But no, I don't carry anything for personal defense. I'm pretty good at talking, and I'm quite sure I could talk my way out of most fights. Also, there is the issue that I'm incredibly skinny and have no muscles, so there's no realy glory in beating me ina fight. I don't know. I'm sure I'll get beaten up sometime, but hasn't happened yet, so I'm not too worried.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
I still can't decide if I like Colors or Alaska better though..
-
A psychological decision
I guess another thing is, if you choose door A, you can ask for the personal information of all the scientists involved. So when you do finally get out, and you're a tank from all the working out you did in the room, you can kill the bastards. Tolkien is a she. No he wasn't.. :?
-
A psychological decision
Just out of interest, if you choose door A, are you alowed to ask them to take back things you asked for? Just because of the issue with space.
-
Favourite standup comedians?
Ahh, I have to agree with you there. One of the (in my opinion) few good Aussie comedians.
-
A psychological decision
Really not sure. If I chose door A, being able to do nothing except have sex and eat for 20 years would, surprisingly, probably get a bit boring. Then again, if I shot myself, I'd miss out on potentially another 40+ years of life once I'd gotten out. I'd say I'd spend a fair amount of time not pressing either buttn, but in the end, I'd probably choose door A. EDIT: You say I could ask for any non-electrical object, could I get a guitar + other acoustic instruments and a pen and paper? If so, door A hands down. Particularly with the addition of the clone being able to perform any non-harmful reuqest I ask (you could always ask it to play a song you want to hear, or teach you something), I'd be a gun at guitar once I got out. Also, I could always work out and finally get fit, or read. As you actually think about it, there are so many possibilities with door A. The only drawback being not being able to communicate with anyone.
-
im not going to sleep (closed)
I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks ever since I've been on break. :? And that's why you wear the pants on these forums. We all wear our own pants, thank you. Speak for yourself..
-
im not going to sleep (closed)
I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks ever since I've been on break. :? And that's why you wear the pants on these forums. No one informed me I had to wear pants! :( At the very least, you have to wear short shorts. They really should've put that in the Rules..
-
im not going to sleep (closed)
I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks ever since I've been on break. :? And that's why you wear the pants on these forums.
-
im not going to sleep (closed)
Psh, why bet with dollars when you can bet with spoons?
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Between the Buried and Me - All Bodies P.S. - Just a side note, what's with all the non-regulars invading OT and the M&M forums at the moment?
-
Top 5 Favorite Bands Right Now.
Thought I'd re-post, because it's changed considerably since my post on the first page. (In no order) Lupe Fiasco (Hip Hop) Thom Yorke (Experimental electronic) Thee More Shallows (Indie) Silencer (Suicidal black metal) Joe Pass (Guitar jazz)
-
Happy new year to Tip.It !
You know there's a slight possibility he's in a different time-zone to you?
-
Minicity
So how about those boater hats? I could sure use one of them!
-
What kind of phone do you have?
It would be awesome if some phone company made a phone that was actually made out of a brick..