Everything posted by Intriguing
-
sleep,nightmaires, must read
... Well that was a freaking awesome story. :)
-
Any who likes hardcore metal!
I wish bands around my area played that "lame and talentless" hardcore.. best we've got here is a Metallica cover band. I see what you mean with what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but I think you're exaggerating it a bit too much.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
He Is Legend - ...Best in Mexico Yes.. yes he is..
-
Christmas List
My parents decided to spend a fair bit on me this year. So I'm getting a Nokia 6300 and something else I don't know about from them. I should be getting money and random things from other people. With the money, I'll probably be paying off what I got my family (I have a tendency to spend more money than I have). If there's any extra, which I doubt there will be, I'll probably put it towards Crysis / CoD4. But yeah, I just got back from a party, at which one of my mates gave me a Christmas present, because I won't be seeing him again before Christmas. It was a 2-disc set of Turkish Belly Dancing songs. :lol: Does that actually work? I'm really used to going to sleep with music on, to the extent I find it hard to go to sleep when it's silent, so music doesn't really wake me up. Unless it's really really loud..
-
Poll and discussion- What are you doing during the w/b?
Finished school today. :) I've got a few things planned. In the next few days I'm going to parties and such. After that I'm going for a violin lesson (I have to travel a few hours to get lessons), going to stay overnight with my grandparents in Sydney, and going to a place near Newcastle to spend the days over Christmas with my relatives on my dad's side. Over the rest of holidays I'm going to be starting to learn bass (bought one recently), learn some songs on guitar, buy blank t-shirts and use stencils to put some designs on them (can never have too many shirts), I'll have to do some study, mainly for Chemistry, and I'll be doing some cooking. I'll also be getting back into the Witcher once patch 1.2 is released, so loading times won't be so horrible, and I'm going to buy COD4 and Crysis so I have some other games to play. I'll probably have a few parties here and there. Should be good.
-
How Was 2007 For You?
This year has been pretty freaking awesome. I made the move from homeschool to school, and although I hate the school at I'm at (more what the school stands for than the students or teachers) it's been going pretty good--made lots of friends, and been getting fairly good grades. For an excursion my year group went on a week-long trip down to Kosciusko (tallest mountain in Australia), and that was probably the greatest experience of my life. Also, I've got a pretty solid plan of what I'm going to do after school, so that's nice. Probably the thing that tops it off was winning a violin + money in a violin competition near the city I live, which has encouraged me to get even more into the violin. Downsides.. development of a few self-esteem issues to do with my body (I'm a stick), frequent attakcs of mild depression, and it's much easier for a person to make me hate them now. But, considering situations other people are in, I have no right to complain. So yeah. 2007's been awesome. :)
-
Flight of the Conchords
I've never gone further in my fan-ship of them than just looking at youtube videos, but Business Time is freaking genius.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Nile - Ithyphallic I love this band. So much. :) and Seasick Steve - Cut My Wings Probably one of the greatest contributions that members of this forum have made to my music collection. What a freaking legend.
-
Any who likes hardcore metal!
Not bad. Not exactly the most brutal thing I've ever heard. They'd do better to do something a bit more original though.. There's absolutely nothing unique in their sound.
-
Scone or Skon?
Everyone that I know calls it skon, but I call it scone. :)
-
Music fans can say the funniest things!
Well, I used to think Zao were black metal.. That's pretty stupid. :) (Please note, USED TO)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Radiohead - Idioteque and Radiohead - Nude For some reason I didn't give this band a chance until around 2 or 3 months ago, because one of my friends is obsesssed with them. I kind of wish I met him earlier, this music is genius.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Joe Pass - Misty and Wes Montgomery - A Day in the Life Ah jazz, how I love thee. My music teacher told me jazz is of the devil (Stupid [bleep]-head..). :)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Arcturus - Kinetic Freaking awesome.
-
Music fans can say the funniest things!
I think I just threw up a little. I would have thrown up, if I knew what that was. Anyway, I don't have any interesting quotes. :( It was talking about My Chemical Romance. And comparing them to Queen. How does that person sleep at night?
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Necro - Oxycotin Not my favourite hip-hop artist, but he's pretty good.
-
Akon
Yeah, I don't mind some of his stuff. It has an addictive sound. I don't think he has that much talent though, to be honest.
-
Does God approve of our Yuletide rituals? (quiz & satire)
3 out of 6. The whole fact that I knew the answer to half of them makes me feel dirty all over. But just to put my mind at ease, this site IS a joke, right?
-
Zombie Plans-Revised
In short, I'd ride my bike (that I never ride, so probably has flat tyres) or take someone's car downtown to a clothing store. I would then proceeed to give the zombies clothes as peace offerings, at which point we'd become friends. Obviously, some of us wouldn't be friends, there'd be the sceptics. For that, I'd use my newly-acquired zombie connections to get me some goon and weed, and give it to those zombies that didn't like me. It all ends well. :)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Dub Buk - Slawa Ukrainie At the very least it's.. interesting. and Lamb of God - Vigil I thought I'd copy Warri0r.
-
Help me choose a career
Because obviously if you say that you have a skill or talent in a certain area, then you're up yourself.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Diagnose: Lebensgefahr - De Vardar Mig In I D̮̦̉̉den and Diagnose: Lebensgefahr - The Last Breath Of Tellus This music is insane. Probably some of the most powerful and depressing music I've ever listened to. I just want to get online lyrics and translate it from German so I can figure out what he's saying.
-
Hit, Kiss and Miss!!
To be honest, I'm not really friends with anyone on TIF, I just.. hang around. :) So this is more or less based around how much I enjoy reading their posts. Hit : Paperclips. Kiss : Paperclips. Miss : Nadril (I steal lots of music from him, just looking at the "What are you listening to now" thread), Warri0r (Science/Philosophical debates would be dead without him), Zonorhc.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Leviathan - At the Door to the Tenth Sub-Level of Suicide Yey!
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Anyway Burzum - Feeble Screams from Forests Unknown I think I acually found out about this guy from this forum.. and Diagnose: Lebensgefahr - Transformalin This is the kind of music that makes you want to kill yourself, so depressing. Freaking awesome though.