Everything posted by Bladewing
-
8th pair :D
Dragon claws are very good to flip, actually, so you could keep flipping them.
-
Do we even need a Combat Triangle?
Anyone can hybrid. You aren't forced into a class like in other MMOs. Therefore all this worrying about overpowered/underpowered classes for PvP seems pointless. Use ranged when ranged is good, use magic when magic is good, use melee when melee is good. PvM is another question, but that's not really this topic.
-
Farming herbs for herblore
I've averaged about 6.79 herbs/patch with wergali. I've averaged about 6.78 herbs/patch with torstol. I've averaged about 6.81 herbs/patch with toadflax. About 500 recorded seeds for wergali and torstol, and about 100 recorded seeds for toadflax. Very much within the margin of error, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you stopped tracking live/dead after about 25 seeds.
-
Chaotic Kiteshield > Divine Spirit Shield?
I can see the quote, and I read it. Because the roll for a crush block is determined by defence level and modifiers, and gear bonuses. The 15% bonus only applies when your opponent is using a crush attack in a similar way that salve only gives a bonus when you attack an undead monster. Isn't that pretty obvious..? :-k Example: I am level 50 defence, and have 100 crush defence and 150 ranged defence bonuses. My opponent attacks me with a crossbow. My max defence roll is 198. My opponent attacks me with a scimitar. My max defence roll is 153. Now I summon my steel titan. My opponent attacks me with a crossbow. My max defence roll is 198. My opponent attacks me with a scimitar. My max defence roll is 172.
-
Farming herbs for herblore
um what, ranarr on all patch? I'm sure OP want to TRAIN HERBLORE, not profit... and FYI ranarr diseases alot toadflax and avantoe works well on standard patchs. The best strategy would be to make the best profit from farming, and then buy the best herbs for training. All herbs have the same disease rate. Toadflax and avantoe are good, but not the best.
-
Farming herbs for herblore
Disregarding scroll of life and using today's prices: Ranarr in all 5 patches.
-
Crystal Key profit margins (100 tests)
400k an hour is pathetic. Better off picking fungus or making unf pots or something.
-
Chaotic Kiteshield > Divine Spirit Shield?
It's gear bonuses. Realize that defence rolls are proportional to [Modified Level], [Gear Bonuses], and [Modified Level][Gear Bonuses].
-
Big barrows analysis
Uhh.. I've been able to pull 24 chests in 110 minutes for quite some time using ice barrage and then black salamander, whip/defender on karil and claws -> whip/defender on ahrim, so I'm not sure that using a rapier is better at all.
-
Chaotic Kiteshield > Divine Spirit Shield?
Pretty sure that Steel titan's bonus applies to your defence level and not your gear bonuses. Every other modifier, such as black mask, void, salve, prayers, etc. all apply to your level and not to your gear, so I see no reason why this would be any different.
-
Dragon Claws
Consistency is key! Claws= 8 Hits per bar, costs around 30-40m DDS= 8 Hits per bar and 60's poison, (which is great for FOG) for a grand total of 30-40k , and also you get more freedom to choose when to spec considering DDS takes 1/4 of the bar. Thats why ill always take a trusty DDS over claws any day :P Claws are way more accurate than a DDS, even with a defender.
-
Merch Item suggestions
Pick commonly manipulated items, and hold them til a clan picks them up. Talismans, curry leaf, vampire dust, and more are repeat offenders you could use.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
Enhanced Excalibur would help.
-
how many kills/hour at saradomin solo?
Including banking and kc? No. KC and banking takes about 15 minutes, and I last for 30 kills-ish. So I guess the average including KC/bank would be 5 minutes.
-
Dragon Claws
A guy runs at you wielding claws. O I WONDER WHAT HE IS GONNA DO, BETTER PRAY MAGE AND SLAP ON HIDES. Learn to hybrid armor and prayers, it'll help.
-
how many kills/hour at saradomin solo?
I average about 4.5 mins.
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
So santas are bought up again. What's the word on h'weens? I can't log into runescape so I can't check :oops:
-
The death of making money by skilling.
The grand exchange and bots have made making money by skilling impossible.
-
Picking up greens and golds
Now that I'm 99, I only pick up crimsons and blues. If I ever get the urge to train summoning past 13m xp, it's not going to be with golds or greens. I don't like training the skill, and it's rather costly.
-
Cannoning Wallasalkis
I'm pretty sure cannoning skeletal wyverns is better. Last time I looked at wallisalkis they were something like 25 blues and 20 crimsons an hour. Wyverns are like 150-175 crimsons an hour.
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
If the combined rarity of getting 2 crowns or an onyx from kinglies is greater than 1/40, then no. Junk isn't worthless either. It'd have to be much more common than 1/40.
-
wanting to take a chance
Don't do this. They're going to crash hard. There's a lot of evidence suggesting they will continue to rise. Got any evidence they will crash?
-
Ranging steels
Armadyl with focus sight is superior to void for steel dragons.
-
wanting to take a chance
Furies
-
Opinion on Phats
You'll probably need to make at least 2b gp to just buy items + junk. You'll never get that much ZMIing