Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. My personality type is IDBTC: I don't buy this crap. Seriously - an online personality test?
  2. If I were you, bballer, I would make a video of me filling a blender with 100 dollar bills, liquidifying it, and having a nice tall glass of money. Then post it on youtube and make the world love you.
  3. fastortoise replied to AndyPandy's topic in Off-Topic
    ^ I just finished reading Brave New World :thumbsup: . You should definitely read Brave New World Revised, it will give you a lot more insight for your report &c. Also, from what I've been reading on these forums, I'm sure a lot of members will lend a helping hand for your report (these people would marry the book if they could). And before that book, I read 1984. Now I'm craving more future apocalyptic novels in the same grain as these two, they really get the brain workin'. Even though BNW was extremely brief, Huxley perfectly conveyed everything that was needed to know about it's society and how it worked without being dull, sorta like in 1984. Now i'm reading The Velocity of Honey by Jay Ingram, the host of Daily Planet. I was going to read Dawkin's new book but my dad absolutely forbids me to read anything before he does (although I find this childish, he is the one that buys all our books, so I can't complain).
  4. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Everything is good looking now :cool: I'm going to play with my profile (I already started a gallery thing, check if it works) for the rest of tonight, after I come back from the gym :)
  5. Definitely a big improvement. Hopefully I'll adapt to it soon enough, it's HELLISH for my brain now #-o I love the black theme though. Very relaxing on the eyes EDIT: WOAH THE EDIT BUTTON IS C-C-CRAZY! Anyways, I have a slight graphical complaint. As a guy who hates when things are needlessly centered, I hate the new avatar layout. I wish everything could be sent to the left, under the user's name. Other than that, no problems here
  6. How my dog spins around in circles when I come home from school
  7. How my dog spins around in circles when I come home from school
  8. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I just played a 3 hour game of Risk 2210. Not only is it the most [developmentally delayed]ed board game I've ever played, I had to play it with one of those people who know all the rules and wait before telling anybody about them, to his advantage. Then he got angry because we wanted to go smoke a joint since we were so bored out of our minds, so I just left. Some friends and I smoked on the walk home, and stopped by Tim Hortons. Now I can't sleep cause I'm all jacked up on doughnuts :(
  9. What is wrong with you people? The answer is clear if you just look at the pictures of the tiles. The two consistent elements are the squares and the individual tiles to the right. The squares' sides are one tile larger than the pattern number (n+1) so the number of tiles in that square is (n+1)^2 since it's a freaking square. Then, to the right of each square, they added the same number of tiles as the pattern number, or +n. So we get (n+1)^2 +n = #tiles n^2 +3n +1 =#tiles After you plug in the 461 just use that crazy formula that solves quadratic equations in the form ax^2 +bx +c that they teach you in highschool
  10. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I wasn't worried about jail time or any governmental consequence... I was more worried about the fact that her brother wanted me to hook up with her, I've never heard such a thing before. I usually get opposite reactions from brothers and I guess got scared, like something must have been wrong with her.
  11. I don't hold conversations with people I don't like, so I seem pretty shut out sometimes. But I only seem anti-social by people I don't like, so I guess it works out perfectly :lol: I also stab way too many bystanders with a rusty syringe.
  12. fastortoise replied to AndyPandy's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm taking a break from The Origin of Species to read 1984 since everyone here liked it so much that they wanna marry Orwell :lol: I love having a well read dad. I never have to buy books - I just go hunting for one in my basement for a few hours. And even though I'm only looking for one, I always come back up with 5 or more.
  13. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    ^ I'm 19 and she's 16, so normally I wouldn't have a problem. My rule is the guy's age divided by 2, then add 7 years is the minimum girl age he can date, so mine would be 16+1/2. But she honestly looked 12-13, and the whole situation weirded me out. I guess she was angry that her sure thing left her high and dry, but why was she alone on a saturday night anyways? Plus I didn't know her brother very well or what kind of people they were. Last night I drew some crazy psychedelic drawings though, I think I will start up a sketchbook or something :
  14. My last year of highschool English teacher. He was an old retired man, and volunteered to teach our class because they were lacking teachers. He would swear and rip on students, and when one of us threatened him, he would laugh at us and say "what are they gonna do, un-retire me?".
  15. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I just got home. I was at my friend's house drinking, and some new people were there and they had made some crazy drink mix thing. tasted like melted popsicles. anywas, I drank a whole bunch (i'm cool like that) and one of the people said they wanted to hook me up with their little sister. I said sure, the younger the better (JOKINGLY). these people obviously never heard of sarcasm, and one fo them went to pick her up. 30 mins later im completerly plastered and these people bring in a 16 year old. I honestly became so freaked out that I got out of the hotub (yes my friend has a hottub, we are awesome like that) and dried myself. This little 16 year old was honestly all over me and even asked me to help dry me off inside . I was looking at my friends who jsut averted their eyes from me, which I took as "go ahead man, do it. but we well lose all respect for you". that's when I pretty much said thanks anyways and left. I didnt even say bye to my friends, i just left. I was walking home satying " wow" over and over again this is so ridiculous. It's only midnight here, so i think I will spend the next few hours drawing... i havent drawn anywhing in a long time. i'm pretty bummed - tonight was supposed to be a chilling night with my close friends but these freaks showed up offering underage to me. yet even now, half drunk, i know i did the right thing.
  16. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    What happened? It's not even like, well justifiable anger, I just want to [bleep] kill someone right now. My stupid [bleep] piece of [cabbage] alcoholic mom doesn't know when the [bleep] to leave me alone, so I just went outside I kicked the [cabbage] out of a tree. I'm so [bleep] pissed right now. I [bleep] hate my mum, she's such a [bleep] [bleep]. and [bleep] stupid kid I know made me pissed off enough earlier today. god dammit I hate being angry. You gotta detach yourself from emotions, be above them. All I do when I get super emotional is think: "so, this is anger" (or loneliness or nervousness or love). I acknowledge the feeling, make a mental note of how it feels, and go back to normal. This only works when I'm emotional to an extreme (like you are right now) and doesn't work for little things (I will stay a bit nervous if I'm on a bus, late for class). Today I destroyed the annoying guy in my class at squash. Usually I intentionally give people 5-7 points not to make them feel bad (girls even more), but I skunked the guy 15-0. I beat him so fast the people waiting for our court were grinning when I exited, what a satisfying moment. Everyone sorta gave me the "good job" look.
  17. fastortoise replied to Pinkbullet3's topic in Off-Topic
    I can't get over how easy this semester is. I just hope I don't develop any bad habits right before entering university, that would be fatal :ohnoes:
  18. You know what sucks? Mental images. I don't get it. Someone explain it to me. I think he means imagining all those girls he would take an interest in with a penis. Ah. Thanks for explaining it. They are definitely 100% women, I was on the lookout today. It made me lose a few matches but I'm still in the top 5 squash players, with 4 other ladies
  19. Sack tapping. Worst 6 months of my life.
  20. 1 to 7 are my sleeping hours, but it usually ends up being 2-7.
  21. What he said isn't as important as should he have been doing it and the fact that it is illegal. He changed what he had planned to say after there was so much uproar, but of course no liberal is going to give that a second thought. Why do you keep bringing up this stupid illegal crap? He didn't had control over schools since, 99% of my school didn't show it. Does that mean most of my teachers are gonna be arrested? Because everything is black and white, man. BRB arresting the president.
  22. ^I have an entire folder with everything you need in order to pass my class "enhancing computer knowledge" if you want it. Lecture videos, powerpoint slideshows, ect. Some of the class is a joke (learning how to NAVIGATE through windows vista..) but I learned a lot about the philosophy behind computers (what data is compared to information, how programs are data processors made of data &c). I have a question for tip.it: When did you first learn to multiply? Or, when did teachers first teach you the rules of multiplication? One of my teachers said his son is only being taught multiplication in grade 4 and I distinctly remember learning it in grade 2.
  23. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    ^ Do you have to crank those things? Too old, man. Today I convinced my teacher I can build a solar panel for the end of the semester. And power a classroom with it. Bad idea since I found out my budget will be less than 100 CANADIAN dollars (like 55 cents regular money).
  24. Talking about the future is a big one for me. Not focusing on anybody - more like how society will function in the next century. And booty shorts. I tip my hat to the first lady to start wearing them - you are the best.
  25. My mom taught me way back how important eye contact was, so it comes to me naturally nowadays. People love my eye contact when I make jokes, they compare me to Norm Macdonald (we both make eye contact for 9/10 of the joke, and our eyes TWINKLE right before the punch). This could've been in Help&advice though, and since it's not I don't feel like giving you any of my advice. Way to go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.