If you're gonna butcher a song, this is how to do it:

Faux

That supertramp remake is horrible. But the original doesn't sound so good itself.

You kidding me? Supertramp's one of my favorite bands...I wouldn't consider it an overstatement even to say that i'd consider their lyrics the best i've heard. Their music is also amazing, thought some of the sax solo's I could do without. Both of their vocalists add greatly to the music...and the only thing that's bad about them imo is the lack of much guitar in many of their songs.

Back on topic, yea, bad cover. Why doesn't the modern music industry just do away with covers completely? Maybe then kids would realize how crappy the music is if all the stuff were original.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

This, and THIS make me lose faith in mankind.

I don't think it's that bad, in comparision to rap/raggae remixes. Scissor sisters is just a little different. It's a little of an aquired taste like white stripes.

I love most of the Scissor Sisters' songs, but I really don't like their version of Comfortably Numb, especially that version.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

This, and THIS make me lose faith in mankind.

I don't think it's that bad, in comparision to rap/raggae remixes. Scissor sisters is just a little different. It's a little of an aquired taste like white stripes.

I love most of the Scissor Sisters' songs, but I really don't like their version of Comfortably Numb, especially that version.

I'm in Suzi's dented car here. I usually quite like them. If "I don't feel like dancing" comes on, woah! So help me! I'm a dancing fiend! ^-^

I'll see your supertramp and doors cover, and raise you This.

I win

HA! I don't even like System of a Down but HOLY JESUS is that terrible. The pictures make it even funnier though.

I'll see your Avril and raise you with a more difficult song to play:

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

buthcered songs:

girls aloud vs. sugababes version of "walk this way". if you like your ears being raped, it's fine for you, otherwise noooooooooooooooooo

johnny cash's "hurt" - he took trent reznor's masterpiece and made it into a badly renditioned autobiography

cascada's "truly madly deeply" - awful, just awful

guns 'n roses "sympathy for the devil" - 'nuff said

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Good music transformed to such loud and food for ignorants called rap. As someone said, just add another letter and you got what trully is that "thing" that cannot be called as music. :boohoo:

You're just as bad the rappers that remix. Seriously, how can you discount an entire genre like that?

The only place you can do that is with Nu Metal as far as I'm concerned.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Good music transformed to such loud and food for ignorants called rap. As someone said, just add another letter and you got what trully is that "thing" that cannot be called as music. :boohoo:

You're just as bad the rappers that remix. Seriously, how can you discount an entire genre like that?

The only place you can do that is with Nu Metal as far as I'm concerned.

Creepy maan. I find myself agreeing with you more and more, every day. >.>

thesip2.jpg

It really has

What really get me revved up is when I hear these Djs doing covers of old classics and adding a crappy, techno beat. Like that Jxl or whatever the crap Vs. Elvis, or Eric Prydz desecrating Pink Floyd's another brick in the wall.

There's not much wrong with that Junky XL cover. It's actually pretty good. I agree with you on the Eric Prydz song though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My dad got really mad when he heard the stupid version of this song on the radio.

I totally agree.

OffTopic: Do the new bands who are remaking the song ask the original song makers if they can remake the song?

I'll see your supertramp and doors cover, and raise you This.

I win

Omg I want to punch someone.

• 2 weeks later...
I swear that dude in the gym class heroes vid reading the paper is the lead singer of Fall out boy...

that would be becase it is

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Gym class heroes have also murdered under the bridge

As have the all saints <.< why cant they leave good music alone.

Although apparently in the All Saints version one of the (and I use this term loosely) band members was knocked on her butt by an explosion so its not all bad

Yeah, I KNEW I recognized the chorus somewhere, then someone was like, "No way, they made that." You can't blame GCH for having other people giving them credit for the song. They're just idiots. I don't mind the GCH version, but Supertramp's is MUCH better.

It also bugs me when people are saying, "How can you not know So and So?!?!?" Because they were making music when we didn't care about it, or weren't even born. Us teenagers are surrounded with the current stuff, so that's what a lot of us listen to. I do like some big names from the past, and so do a lot of other kids. Most of em just don't dig deeper to find the not so big bands.

61784167.jpg