Am I too old to play RS?

britrockdude

I am older than you, too. And female, who has experienced the same with guys - except as a female you're also accused of playing to find guys "since everyone knows only guys play video/computer games." :wall:

Tell your wife that every hour you spend playing this $5 a month game, is one hour less drinking with the guys and flirting with girls at the local joint. (Well, might wanna leave out that last part... :anxious: ) The point is that you are SAVING money, because you'd have some other - probably more expensive - hobby instead. And this way she knows where you are and she can find you if she feels left out.

Yeah, definitely would not be good to mention even the thought of flirting with other girls. That's easy "divorce bait"... :(

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you asked here what the problem is with you playing this game? She'll probably say it's immature or something. Then you ask again, what does it matter to her if you have a (in here eyes) "immature" game. And then you can hold a whole speech why it doesn't matter what you have as a hobby, as long as you keep paying a lot attention to her, etc. At least that worked/works my friends.

Good Luck by the way!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Does it help if she said she'd divorce me if I was still playing the game? :?

Nah, I'm sure she was just kidding, I'm sure I'll have her come around eventually. I did make that point about going out. She says I have no social life, when actually recently, I went to see a game with a friend at a pub and she was frustrated because she couldn't be there cause she had to work? Hmm....

I mean, I hope to have a job starting around next week (would be awesome if I get it!) and hey, maybe I'll play it on my lunch break at work if all else fails!

I'll try to re-iterate what I said earlier that I spend the time both of us are at home with her, and while she said that she doesn't want me paying for it, surely she wont mind me spending a lot more on games that REALLY will involve not having a social life, or any life at all for that matter since they wouldnt be online....

And if she doesn't want me to play because it seems theres too many people younger than me playing, I'll just say that a great vast lot of people on tip.it are older players.

Also, I know how you feel! It's good to unwind with! I dunno what it is, but it's really nice to just sit down and have your character chop a tree or fish or something!

Finally, if she thinks it doesn't involve any brain power playing it, what about when we watch TV or a movie before going to sleep? Surely thats just as much, if not less....

Guess this is just one of those times. I'm usually an easy going guy who really doesn't mind either way, but in this case, I'll see what happens when I fight for my right, to play runescape! (or any other game I wish to play)

Thank you all! I look forward to possibly seeing you all on runescape sometime soon!

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

Just think about what is more important to you, your wife or Runescape? Ok so you love playing Runescape and you could try to make her understand that, after all it is just like playing any other computer game. However if that fails just take a break for a while and she may come around to the idea of you playing a game.

Good luck with it.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Tell your sweetheart that theres hundreds of players over the age of 40 playing this game (Im 39 my self). The majority of people I have on my friendlist is 30 and above!

Feel free to add me ingame: Sunli ::'

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Nope. Absolutely not. If you like a game, play it, I say. I'm a minor at the moment (not revealing actual age), but when I was younger (about 7th grade) I was always teased because I loved playing Neopets, which is considered a game site for babies. Now, I have outgrown Neopets, but my point is that I played the game because I liked it. Frankly, I didn't care whether I was too old for that site or not.

So, if you can afford it, and you enjoy it, go for it! Just a word of caution: Don't let it take over your life. I've heard horrible stories about people who get so addicted to something (whether it be games or drugs) that their whole life collapses around them. Make sure you do other stuff with your life, too. Spend time with your wife, go to parties, whatever.

Magician Xy

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Nah, anyone can play this game. I know a lot of my friends are over ages 20s, 30s, and 40s. I don't know any 50+ but that's probably because some don't want to tell and etc. Your too old to play this game, you just met the teenagers and lower ages of the game. You'll find someone in your age group for sure. As long as enjoy the game, it doesn't matter what age. I'm 18 and I get called your too old to play this game by some 15 or so year olds. They are only 1 or 2 years older than the age Jagex allows which is 13.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

rofl, couple things i noticed when skimming this thread

1) all the really long posts were made by people over 20, and the shorter ones were probaly younger people and mainly said "your not to old)

2) that most people agree that your never to old to play runescape

3) That there are alot of people that are (or atlest claim to be) over 20 then i orginally thought were much younger

4) most of the mods seem to be of the older

5) weee i like numbers :-9

any way, i would have to agree that people that say your to old for runescape are generally the immature kids that think "yo mama" jokes are actully funny...people in RL that say RS is a stuiped game base it off the facts that it is a low graphic game, and how some how they are the defention of perfection and if they say something is bad then it is bad.

i myself in game can be shorta stuck up at times, but whats really gotten to me lately is alot school work, and to many ppl begging me in-game is starting to topple over on me and i lose it alot more then i use to i guess. if you actully make it on to my friends list im not as bad a guy (At least thats what im told)

i myself am 16 years, but i got my license and will be graduting high school in 15 months.

on a side note this is one the longest posts i had in a long time and its kinna of annonying but w\e

legends2.jpg

As long as it does'nt butt into your life and get in the way of more important things (gf/wives <3: ) then anyone at any age is fine.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

I don't think age really matters when it comes to games, you just need to find something for her to do while you play (and not cleaning or anything like that, something she'll enjoy :shame: ). When my ex was living with me and I decided I wanted to play again, I taught her how to play the Final Fantasy games for ps which she enjoyed, so I could play on here and help her out along the way. If she's not into games try to find something else that can occupy her time. I have friends on my friends list whos kids play also, age isn't a big deal.

Deniedaxcess.png

you're not too old to play this game. i know a few that are 21 and older that play, and as long as you still like the game, youre not too old unless you're like 80.

Hell, if your 80 and enjoy it you STILL can play.

Like others have already said, there is plenty of older player and not everyone is young child on game. If you want to spend some of your spare time to play Runescape that is ultimately your decision. You could be watching TV or something else but is not much difference. Simply you doing something you enjoy to fill free time.

Does your wife have any hobby?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Just to join in with everyone else: I'm 25 and have been playing for years, my partner is nearly 31 and he's been playing six months. (We've started settling household debates in the duel arena. Who ever loses does the dishes... GO! :lol: )

I will say this though - just make sure she's not feeling neglected or that you'd prefer playing to spending time with her. But also point out that 5 bucks a month for pretty much unlimited game time and entertainment is a great bargain.

Ananke32.png

You can't be to old to play. Up at the local retirement home there's a guy in his 80's and I see him at his computer, playing Runescape.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Your probably in university or collage and you need some time to yourself so you play runescape to get away from exams, papers, school (etc..).

I don't find it creppy, I just think you try and get away from irl for abit because it's stressful. That's just my opinion.

Quit RuneScape :)

As long as your mature, and enjoy it, your not too old. Like one time this guy was saying how much runescape stinks and directing people to " cheat sites " ( pr0n sites :roll: ). Anyway after going on one of those sites ( it was nice :P but it was on my dads screen name, and he gos on his history alot :cry: but I didn't get in trouble anyway ) I told him he was like acting 5, and he said he was 22. I'm like yah right, his freind comes over says he's freinds with him they just graded from collage :? .

As long as you don't act like that your fine. When I first started playing rs, I was so immature, look at my offences:

There are currently 17.6 blackmarks out of 10 on this account

You are on a last chance

Offence Date Offence Type Appeal Status

18-Jun-2006 Breaking Rule 1 Denied Why? View Evidence

18-Jun-2006 Breaking Rule 13 Denied Why? View Evidence

12-Jul-2006 Breaking Rule 1 Denied Why? View Evidence

27-Jul-2006 Breaking Rule 1 Appealable Appeal View Evidence

10-Aug-2006 Breaking Rule 2 Appealable Appeal View Evidence

10-Aug-2006 Breaking Rule 1 Appealable Appeal View Evidence

24-Aug-2006 Breaking Rule 1 Successful Info View Evidence

24-Aug-2006 Breaking Rule 3 Denied Why? View Evidence

24-Sep-2006 Breaking Rule 11 Successful Info View Evidence

This was on my old account ( alienballz )

Look at some of my offences:

alienballz: yha u got a bug rack?

alienballz: u have a big rack

**********: huh?

alienballz: nvm how old are u

**********: why?

alienballz: how old qare u

alienballz: then ud understand whta rck means

talking to a level 80 by the torture racks in white knights castle

That was immmature. Now after playing for like a year-6months ( cant remember :P ). Now, I have no black marks yet, and I'm higher leveled then my old account. I only be immature to make a funny little moment ( I add =P whenever I'm immmature. And I'm only 12, and I am not some little snotty miniclip kid. I'm also not gonna leave runescape when I'm bored ( I recently stopped playing for a week ( all time record for not playing :P ) because of boredom and coming back). I don;t know why all people assume this. That's why most of my freinds in rs are snotty miniclip kids, I mean their cool and all bu they leave when their bored and stuff, because any mature doesn't want to be my freind because I'm 12 :cry: . Just stay mature, have fun, and don't call people noobs.

dragonmzombie,mr.%20nub%20nub.gif

Going for 2.4 bil cabbage, plz donate

currently at 120 cabbage =/

Sorry about my post guys, it wasnt finished, my bro was being a little snot and wouldnt let me come onto my new computer to edit it after my old comp like froze up and I had no choice but to post it and come back later and finish it.

dragonmzombie,mr.%20nub%20nub.gif

Going for 2.4 bil cabbage, plz donate

currently at 120 cabbage =/

Yeah, I most certainly put her much before Runescape, or anything else in my life. I spend time with her cause it's much more important.

She's kinda seemed to come around to the idea of it. I think it'll be okay. Like I said, when I quit, I want it to be my own decision. I will sometime eventually, but either when Jagex annoys me to the point where I can't be bothered anymore, or I don't find the game fun anymore. We'll see what happens.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World