Post Thy Funny Forum Posts.

Abyssalwhip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right off the official RS forums, in rants, under "alcoholic beverages".

I don't expect you to read em all, but these are all from the same person, "a parent of 2" who is very concerned that Freminik Trails, and pubs in game will cause her children to become horrible alcoholics!

(btw I didn't feel like cropping this many posts haha)

I find that the alcoholic beverages such as beer,whiskey vodka and the other types of alcohol in this game kind of encouraging children to drink... as i being a mother of two teenagers i am concerned about what is in this game and think this is rather inappropriate. I would like to know how others feel about this. Sure, it may just be pretend in the game but i mean think about it what is the example being set here.... even in a quest called freminik trials you must drink a big keg of beer to beat the guy in the pub to advance in the quest.... I don't know what else to say..

13 year old children don't think much you know..... for some kids this is all they do is play video games such as this one ....... i mean i understand what you are saying about friends and all that also encouraging children to drink but this only adds i mean they shouldn't have references to adult behavior.... they should make the age limit a little higher... also why couldn't they have made it kool-aid or soda pop why does it have to be beer whiskey vodka and stuff like that? most kids don't even know what it is... and why when you drink in the game does it effect you? if you drink a keg of beer you get this motion in game where the screen starts to move... some kids may think it is cool... but i guarantee you if it were real life and drank a keg of beer you wouldn't be feeling cool or a little shakey you would be going to the hospital or if not dying from alcohol poisoning.... so i'm saying it is a little inappropriate...

I understand what you are saying people, i am just saying it doesn't need to be in the game i mean most games have ratings and stuff like that in it not to expose children to this type of stuff some with movies.... and even now television lets you control what your children watch but i am saying there are some kids out there who are influenced by these types of things.... there is no purpose for the alcohol in the game other than to do it for fun and go drink beers in a bar and make little kids feel all grown up... but it sends the wrong message..... and i know this game has people of all ages but i mean is it really that big of a deal to get rid of it/? and like the other guy said.... kool-aid or soda pop doesn't appeal to the older people who play this game... are you saying older people would rather drink fake beer in a game?

i wasn't referring to my children i am just a concerned parent i talk to my kids about it but i mean some parents don't have the time these days some people hold 2 jobs with both parents working just to get by.... what is the benefit of having beer in the game? so why not just get rid of it....

i feel alcohol should be treated just like tobacco you see how they are no longer allowed to advertise tobacco on television or magazines..... the stuff doesn't need to be in this game .... i mean i see like people in the pubs in the game drinking beers and acting like they are really hanging out in a bar.... so don't say it doesn't play some part in their thoughts.... it all adds up. but i feel runescape is a good game and it is a good way to keep kids out of real life trouble, and it doesn't need the negative stuff in it... the point of the game i feel is to get your levels up, make money and defeat people in the wild or duel arena as a way to show how hard you have worked, and your tactics in battle.. not sit around and pretend to be drinking beer just because it is there.. the game doesn't need it do you understand my point?

yea let em deal with it when they are young??? i had a cousin when i was younger who drank a bottle of vodka and was only 15 he was pronounced dead at the hospital due to alcohol poisoning... so how can you let a child deal with alcohol???? i like what peanut said the less they are exposed to it the less they are apt to do it... plain and simple i mean would people be drinking or smoking if some knuckle heads weren't looking for something to do back in the old days because there was nothing better to do... even natives who had smoked as a way of tradition are even giving it up.... because it kills and now realise that it poisons the temple (the body and mind) so i mean just look at it there is nothing positive about alcohol for anybody..... and as for the killing and all that.... it was and still is a way of survival for some people... i mean we have wars. in africa people are murdered every day over turf money and food but america is the only place i think where people are killed for no apparent reason at all.. everything bad that happens these days all comes down to alcohol and drugs... so stay in school kids and reject anything that will harm your health... innocent people are killed due to drunk driver.. young children die from alcohol poisoning because they do not know the true effects and in some cases adults who have nothing else better to do die from alcohol poisoning...

tifsbti6oi.gif

[hide]

Right off the official RS forums, in rants, under "alcoholic beverages".

I don't expect you to read em all, but these are all from the same person, "a parent of 2" who is very concerned that Freminik Trails, and pubs in game will cause her children to become horrible alcoholics!

(btw I didn't feel like cropping this many posts haha)

I find that the alcoholic beverages such as beer,whiskey vodka and the other types of alcohol in this game kind of encouraging children to drink... as i being a mother of two teenagers i am concerned about what is in this game and think this is rather inappropriate. I would like to know how others feel about this. Sure, it may just be pretend in the game but i mean think about it what is the example being set here.... even in a quest called freminik trials you must drink a big keg of beer to beat the guy in the pub to advance in the quest.... I don't know what else to say..

13 year old children don't think much you know..... for some kids this is all they do is play video games such as this one ....... i mean i understand what you are saying about friends and all that also encouraging children to drink but this only adds i mean they shouldn't have references to adult behavior.... they should make the age limit a little higher... also why couldn't they have made it kool-aid or soda pop why does it have to be beer whiskey vodka and stuff like that? most kids don't even know what it is... and why when you drink in the game does it effect you? if you drink a keg of beer you get this motion in game where the screen starts to move... some kids may think it is cool... but i guarantee you if it were real life and drank a keg of beer you wouldn't be feeling cool or a little shakey you would be going to the hospital or if not dying from alcohol poisoning.... so i'm saying it is a little inappropriate...

I understand what you are saying people, i am just saying it doesn't need to be in the game i mean most games have ratings and stuff like that in it not to expose children to this type of stuff some with movies.... and even now television lets you control what your children watch but i am saying there are some kids out there who are influenced by these types of things.... there is no purpose for the alcohol in the game other than to do it for fun and go drink beers in a bar and make little kids feel all grown up... but it sends the wrong message..... and i know this game has people of all ages but i mean is it really that big of a deal to get rid of it/? and like the other guy said.... kool-aid or soda pop doesn't appeal to the older people who play this game... are you saying older people would rather drink fake beer in a game?

i wasn't referring to my children i am just a concerned parent i talk to my kids about it but i mean some parents don't have the time these days some people hold 2 jobs with both parents working just to get by.... what is the benefit of having beer in the game? so why not just get rid of it....

i feel alcohol should be treated just like tobacco you see how they are no longer allowed to advertise tobacco on television or magazines..... the stuff doesn't need to be in this game .... i mean i see like people in the pubs in the game drinking beers and acting like they are really hanging out in a bar.... so don't say it doesn't play some part in their thoughts.... it all adds up. but i feel runescape is a good game and it is a good way to keep kids out of real life trouble, and it doesn't need the negative stuff in it... the point of the game i feel is to get your levels up, make money and defeat people in the wild or duel arena as a way to show how hard you have worked, and your tactics in battle.. not sit around and pretend to be drinking beer just because it is there.. the game doesn't need it do you understand my point?

yea let em deal with it when they are young??? i had a cousin when i was younger who drank a bottle of vodka and was only 15 he was pronounced dead at the hospital due to alcohol poisoning... so how can you let a child deal with alcohol???? i like what peanut said the less they are exposed to it the less they are apt to do it... plain and simple i mean would people be drinking or smoking if some knuckle heads weren't looking for something to do back in the old days because there was nothing better to do... even natives who had smoked as a way of tradition are even giving it up.... because it kills and now realise that it poisons the temple (the body and mind) so i mean just look at it there is nothing positive about alcohol for anybody..... and as for the killing and all that.... it was and still is a way of survival for some people... i mean we have wars. in africa people are murdered every day over turf money and food but america is the only place i think where people are killed for no apparent reason at all.. everything bad that happens these days all comes down to alcohol and drugs... so stay in school kids and reject anything that will harm your health... innocent people are killed due to drunk driver.. young children die from alcohol poisoning because they do not know the true effects and in some cases adults who have nothing else better to do die from alcohol poisoning...

[/hide]

i just read that one one the forums.. thread starter got pwnt :XD:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Just found this in rants...

hilariouslydumbhu7.jpg

I like how he admitted to autoing and then got killed by a swarm......

EDIT: Edited out the guy's name in the 2 places that I missed before.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Just found this in rants...

hilariouslydumbud3.jpg

I like how he admitted to autoing and then got killed by a swarm......

For the first time of my several years of being a member of these forums, this is the first post to actually make me REALLY laugh out loud. :XD: :XD: :XD:

Ok so it's my thread but i think it's funny :P

QF:24-25-191-43980161

deadky9.png

-No Comment-

That is more sick then anything.....

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007

ForumSpam.jpg

i know its hot =] Plz share the drugs :XD:

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

This thread is a crack up.

it just goes to prove how stupid some players are.

Just like me.

Well i'm stupid, but not stupid enough to say i'm stupid. :lol:

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Couldn't be bothered to take a screen shot...

All rares should be destroyed! They have ruined RuneScape's economy and people are gaining real life money by scamming and selling via internet!

THE RARES MUST BE DESTROYED!

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷* Anc1ent H4x

Supporters:

- I Run1t3 I

-

-

-

-

-

-

Non-Supporters:

- Always Al0ne

- 2nick2

- Xsjado U S D

- Richie102990

- Viswater3

- Super Sou

- Saphiro12

- Kareltjekat

- Deadjedi

- Tomwin1

- Kkt15

- Shoo Ed

- Super Sou

- Cows >>>>>>>>> censor

- Bullybullock

- Retsof1169

- Noelenire

- M3l33 P U R

- Dustdevil >>>>>>> censor

- Amppe >>>>>>>> censor

- Bonecrush530

- Noneya22

- Vortex 3

- Jirachi320

- Homerjsim66

- Ladp

- Sufi Nation

- Forza Reyes

- Petty2006

- Pix869

- Billysmell84

- Specto Nex

- Josh3446

- Bravodevil

- Videl1000

- Degman110

- Cconrad

- Spencerm98

- Darkstar Ct

- Hero Of R S

- Bo4345

- Assassin865

- Chunkyyluvr5

- Tlholmez

- Light365

- FlyingBoat

- Ttaco

- Ya Grillz

- Ps992

- D of killer >>>>>>>>> censor

- Dutchluke1

- Gymnast70433

- Hermione875

- Killerfront0

- Jelle654

- Chicsavante

- Minijamin

- Borrman

- Evilfire557

- Zalegt

- Willman986

- Nickm 1223

- Tidsy3

- Jordan Robi

- Strider Sd 0

- 99str3ngh99

- Ster2 >>>>>> censor

-

-

-

-

Don't know if this has been posted either.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

nothing amazing, but, still made me chuckle!

the first one is an idiot, the second and third make it funny, and the fourth person makes it hilarious!

EDIT: roflmao - mental agility (ability)

noob1ep7.png

another one, which i found enjoyable

noob2bq7.png

Thesmallone9.gif