Do you remember the old days of rs?

NickemanneN

I don't usually care for name dropping topics, but here's sort of a funny little story since thehate is on the boards. I remember watching thehate train at bk guards in his guard uniform (bronze med, iron chain). He was lvl 80something and I was in the 60's. I stood there watching him go in, out, up down, out, around and around and thought "damn, what a rs god he must be". So then I thought, "well, if you want to be a goddess, froggy, you need to train like the gods do. Next thing i knew i had trained 15 combat levels right there. rofl, I'm pretty sure that was the fastest way in the game to level at the time.

jfroggy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the good old days. hanging out with my good friends lovebird and Dream Girl down at fally south. All the girls would wear black armor (the old girl armor) and the guys would wear black chains or rune chains. We all had party hats back then when reds were 2m and purples were 16m. Fun days i must say :thumbsup:

SmallBlog.jpg

xxv0lcomxx.png

Back From Being Hacked July 10th!

I started playing rs around the first easter drop I got an egg and ate it for dragonslayer lol and I picked up 12 santa hats at the christmas drop along with 4 masks before that on the halloween drop \' I gave away a few hats to friends who could not make it on then I got hacked 2 weeks later :thumbdown: :boohoo: I still have my scythe but I missed the bunny ear drop :cry:

I'd just like to remind you that you are all talking about computer game memories..

Holy hell! And to think, all this time I thought I really was a barbie looking chick with a 13 inch waste who can kill a dragon wearing only a whip, an orange shield and a santa hat, and who runs around mining coal in a snow white princess outfit and catches sharks with nothing but a spear and can change nearly anything into money. My god, thank you for being here to enlighten me in the truth.

jfroggy

I missed the scythe by like 3 days! I was pretty hacked off cause my friend didn't get one either.

Yeah RSC was awesome, and most of my friends quit when RS2 came out so it kinda sucked and I got angry. :(

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

I remember when I first played RSC in.. I wanna say 2002.. but I'm not sure. It took me 2 weeks to compile 300 gp.. Oh I was so happy. I went down into the Dwarven Mines, the area by where the anvils are, and fought a Dwarf. Died. I was so angry. I think I quit for a day, but went back on because I missed the game too much.

that was back on my WAY old account. Magestic M. Oh I loved that name, haha. anyways. I think I'm on my third account, and that's the one I'm sticking with for a long time. but I still have my Scythe on my second character, and occasionally go on just to walk around with it :)

I joined in 2000. But since I was 13 and my parents didn't like me on the computer in the first place I was never a member.

Man, compared to the old days we are pampered in Runescape.

Seriously the best day ever was when they came out with bank notes. *YAYZ*

2.png

i Started playing May 2004

at that time santa hats were only 600k

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

• 3 years later...

*bump*

I joined late 2003, I remember what the shop menu looked like, as well as some icons such as metal bars (I reckon they looked more realistic than they do now!).

Update I liked was when they introduced running and ditched the fatigue thing!

I remember you used to have 'fatigue' which built up over time, when it hit 100% you would gain no xp from doing anything and you had to find a bed to sleep in! I suppose it was a brilliant anti-bot measure.

I first died when I tried to take on a scorpion (which was level 21 I think, it's now level 14 but has the same stats) while fishing in al-karid. For some reason I had a pile of ore and coins on me at the time, by the time I got back it had all gone!

I used to bury every single bone I found in hope of reaching level 37 prayer and the Paralyse Monster skill because the name sounded awesome! Sadly I never managed it while RSC was around, can anyone tell me what it was like?

I got bored and quit a few months after 'RS2' was first launched, then started again when the dungeoneering skill came out.

legit bumping, sir.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I was one of those 900-ish people that got banned :P

#-o

You sound like you're proud...

Nostalgia amuses me btw =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

The good ol days... just remember NO ONE played in 2000. The game started in January 2001.

You are mostly, but not entirely correct. While the game was not open to the public until 2001, many people did play it in it's early stages in 2000 (including many of the people who founded Tipit)

I made my first account just barely after RS2 came out. My first holiday item was the Zombie head. I wish I could somehow prove to Jagex I started then and have those old Holiday items, but what can you do :rolleyes:

There's a lot I miss, but I honestly like the way RS has been going. (game wise at least, not really sure what I feel about the community :unsure: )

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I wasn't even here during the old days (joined 2007).

All I remember is when free trade was still here, there was so much spamming in Varrock that it pretty much overloaded my old computer. :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention