How to Rate Other Peoples Guides

Xzavier93

My guide is about rating guides, i am a new user to Tip.It Forums but i have posted a bit myself, on Normal Runescape Forums i have posted 2.5K+ Times =) So i have been thinking about doing this for a bit.

There are 10 different things to rate on so it makes sence to have x/10 (x being your rating).

THIS ISNT A GUIDE ON HOW TO WRITE GUIDES!!

Now heres Where everything is on my post.

==Table O' Contents==

1. 1/10 Introduction

2. 2/10 Explaining The Topic

3. 3/10 Table of contents/topic map

4. 4/10 Well Researched (i have a guide with not the best reasearch lol)

5. 5/10 Good Form and info

6. 6/10 Pictures and text effects

7. 7/10 Links to other helpful guides/site parts

8. 8/10 What you'll Need

9. 9/10 Requirerments

10. 10/10 Originality

11. Credits

==1/10 Intro==

Do they have a good intro?

Intros should tell about the topic why it was chosen and a bit of what you'll see in the guide.

==2/10 Explaining the topic==

Explinations count a lot in guides you should know a good deal about the guide before making it without any explinations/walkthroughs it wouldnt be very good now would it?

==3/10 Table Of Conents==

This is a MUST your viewers HAVE to know how to get around on your guide right? With out a TOC your guide would fall apart :boohoo:

==4/10 Well Researched==

Without good research a guide is worthless you cant just tell false info!!

Sometimes with merchant guides false info could cost MILLIONS to your viewers who dont pay attention!!

==5/10 Good Form and info==

Form counts for big points :thumbsup: so have good form and info in a guide and you may just get an AOW =p

==6/10 Pictures and text effects==

They are good but not a must but be sure to have in a large guide because words are boring....

Also you can add text effects like these:

Bold [b]ENTER TEXT HERE[/b]

Italic [i]ENTER TEXT HERE[/i]

Underline [u]ENTER TEXT HERE[/i]

And colors and font size.

==7/10 Links to helpful guide/site parrts==

Finish later gotta go diff comp!!

Whoever said "nothing is impossible", obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

this guide gets 9/10

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Don't know if you'll be adding them later but here's more things to add:

1. Text effects, which yours is really lacking in.

2. Spelling and grammar, which yours also has issues with.

Why don't you use some of your tips on your own guide to make it better. (ex. Pictures)

All in all I don't really think this is all that fitting as there already is a guide writing guide. And besides I don't judge guides on their layout, I judge them on whether or not they help me, which sorry to say, this really doesn't.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Pictures not a must? Text "effects" not a must? Boy, almost every guide needs pictures, or else it would just be really boring and confusing! Organisation I also consider a must, it will leave viewers very confused if they can't find the "killing jellies" part of your slayer guide, for example, if you just spread it out everywhere.

Ironic, your 4th tip mentions you have to do alot of research yet this guide looks like it was thought up in the top of your head.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Interesting. I see that you are proving that your own guide deserves a 3/10?

hahaha

You need to learn that it's the guide's content that matters, not the guide's layout.

Heh heh. :lol: I agree with Muggi.

i also agree with muggi :lol:

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

hahaha

You need to learn that it's the guide's content that matters, not the guide's layout.

Woot muggi actully quoted me lol. Agree with Muggi agreeing with me...I think...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Ill reserve my rating until its complete, but up to now you aint doing great. (Rating you by my rules, not yours <.< )

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

hahaha

Heh heh. :lol: I agree with Muggi.

i also agree with muggi :lol:

I agree that content is important, but is also important to reach your audience correctly and organize. Just believing that content will always get you by is foolish.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Sounds a bit like a teacher :-s

But none the less, I like it ::'

Want to review my guide ? :)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=643345

Just in case you are bored. (Not sure if advertising your own guide is legal hehe).

I like the way your view of a decent guide is. I think pictures are certainly a MUST. Guides are supposed to bring a player to new ideas. And for me, something new is better understood when visualised. Meaning, pictures. Also, a picture tells more then 1000 words (for all you lazy writers out there :P)

I am looking forward for the guide to complete. And I will most certainly read it again.

Small edit: Use examples of excisting guides. Like AOW guides. Qoute parts of them or put in links to show some great examples of a good intro, good lay-out etc.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

jesus are people so Uncreative i mean we all want a little fame and people sayign that ur guide "rocks" but this is redicilous, NO DUh guide, took like 3 minutes jsut to get some positive feedback, come on peopl!