How To Become A Master Thief: 1 - 99 Thieving Guide!

Neglexis

I'm 55 thieving atm. I've been using plunder but I'll give Bandits ago and so how I do with them. Good guide 8/10

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should at least mention that PP is extremely easy and do able, and fast exp from level 51 on.

Gah stop shoving PP deio >=o. I'm at menaphite thugs right now, and I find it insanely easy. I get them into a building, close all the curtains, then lure-knockout as soon as I lured-two pickpockets, and repeat. Great xp, got 5k xp in 3 minutes. 10\10.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

I think you should at least mention that PP is extremely easy and do able, and fast exp from level 51 on.

Gah stop shoving PP deio >=o. I'm at menaphite thugs right now, and I find it insanely easy. I get them into a building, close all the curtains, then lure-knockout as soon as I lured-two pickpockets, and repeat. Great xp, got 5k xp in 3 minutes. 10\10.

However, you forget that a lot of people, like myself, don't care how fast you can get exp is the process is very boring. I can't stand blackjack training; the only way I like to thieve is by using Pyramid Plunder. Also, I get the chance of a Pharoh Sceptre. :D

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

However, you forget that a lot of people, like myself, don't care how fast you can get exp is the process is very boring. I can't stand blackjack training; the only way I like to thieve is by using Pyramid Plunder. Also, I get the chance of a Pharoh Sceptre. :D

I can't stand PP to be honest. This was more fun for me; >_>.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

i really suggest doing sorceress's garden it is very good theiving exp i went from 50-56 in 1 day of that otherwise 10/10

You know, with this guide, one of my friends got from 55-65 in one day, so chose which is better ::'

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

hey! you quoted me :mrgreen: finally! lolbut as i said sorcress garden is a very good place to train :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, as I said, you'll level quiker from Bandits \'

sigwg.png

• 1 month later...

Hey steiner, i just have a quick question. I'm 45 thieving at the moment... will bandits be a good place to train thieving? I'm getting around 10-20 k xp an hour at master farmers so its pretty old.

oh and nice guide :)

EDIT: I tried out the bandits and they are definitely much faster at my level. I just lure/knockout/pickepocket the lvl 41 bandits. Get 140 xp for knockout/picketpocket/picketpocket.

Oh and here is a pic of the invent i use, you don't need waterskins while you are in the town. Also if you go up the ladder when you get caught its much easier. Basicly pic says most of it. You will lose approx 66 gp per lobb but you make it up while thieving, you make it all back + more.

idealsetup.png

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Hey steiner, i just have a quick question. I'm 45 thieving at the moment... will bandits be a good place to train thieving? I'm getting around 10-20 k xp an hour at master farmers so its pretty old.

EDIT: I tried out the bandits and they are definitely much faster at my level. I just lure/knockout/pickepocket the lvl 41 bandits. Get 140 xp for knockout/picketpocket/picketpocket.

Oh and here is a pic of the invent i use, you don't need waterskins while you are in the town. Also if you go up the ladder when you get caught its much easier. Basicly pic says most of it. You will lose approx 66 gp per lobb but you make it up while thieving, you make it all back + more.

Hehe, thanks :)

Mind if I use that pic in my guide, and ofcourse I will credit you :D

sigwg.png

Hehe, thanks :)

Mind if I use that pic in my guide, and ofcourse I will credit you :D

No problem, oh and your welcome to use that pic :). Just a little note i got from 45 - 60 thieving in approx. 3 hours. I moved on to the other bandits at lvl 55 thieving. Also when i finished i had approximately 192 k. That means i gained 92 k from thieving. I used up 374 lobs. 374 * 200 = 74800 gp. That means by doing this method i gained approximately 17 k if i bought back my lobs.

When i ran out of lobs i went out of the tent, closed the curtain and went to the general store. Sold lobs/bought them back healed my self back up to full health. Then i sold more and bought back till i had a full pack.

Oh and another note. at higher levels 50 + recomended. If you get caught and he says "I'll kill you for that" what i did was just normaly thieve from him (you have to thieve on the first hit he attacks you). Most of the time i succesfully thieved and gained more xp + money. Also by doing this he wont attack any more. However if you fail to thieve you will get hit for 5 but he will no longer attack you.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I like this guide, but like many other people, I cannot stand black jacks. I think pp is just as good (maybe a little worse, but still).

Although I herd that from 91-99 ardy knights can give 200k+ xp per hour

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

I like this guide, but like many other people, I cannot stand black jacks. I think pp is just as good (maybe a little worse, but still).

Although I herd that from 91-99 ardy knights can give 200k+ xp per hour

You heard wrong. Veeery wrong. Don't knights give 65xp ea? that's 3k knights in an hour.

Now, i pickpocketed my way from 96-97, it was very...very...hard...Took a few days, but i wanted to experience it and appreciate the old way. When thieving in ardy, to keep sanity up, go pickpocket 1.5k or so knights, steal from the gem stall whenever you can, then run to the paladin tower and just hang there until you run out of cakes, then tele out to witchhaven using the chest. This requires at least 75 thieving to do all of it.

i can write that down right here if u want to use.

For Ardougne Thieving for High Level Thieves:

-Steal from the cakestall till a full inventory

-Trap a knight in a building and a equip a bow with no arrows, to prevent attacking

-Pickpocket till you run out of food or feel bored.

-Steal more cakes for a full inventory, and steal gems whenever possible. Make sure you have full health.

-Go to paladin tower second highest floor and picklock the door and start pickpocketing paladins until out of food.

-Steal from chest to tele to witchhaven and repeat.

Why not start pp lower? I started it at about 55 and it was very fast xp.

Btw, i didn't read the whole guide. I just wanted to make a point if you didn't.

If you would have actually read it, you would notice my explanation...

sigwg.png

Excellent guide. 9/10. I used a similar method from 38-65, and did Menaphites 'til 71. I am well aware of your explanation of how Menaphites are faster at 71 than PP, but I don't believe it from first hand experience. Note that I may be a bit biased, and the experience from Plunder may have looked a bit "bigger" since I got 4 scepters in 2 days :) But yes, I believe that Plunder is indeed faster.

Excellent guide. 9/10. I used a similar method from 38-65, and did Menaphites 'til 71. I am well aware of your explanation of how Menaphites are faster at 71 than PP, but I don't believe it from first hand experience. Note that I may be a bit biased, and the experience from Plunder may have looked a bit "bigger" since I got 4 scepters in 2 days :) But yes, I believe that Plunder is indeed faster.

Well, Pyramid plunder is even just as good as luring from 81-90, but since luring gets boring much faster, that's the reason I recommend Plunder :)

sigwg.png

I'm lvl 85 thief, PP gives me 11-12K per trip (a few bad ones are ~10k so lets assume 11K average).

Trip takes 5 mins (can get up to level 8). I only take 4 lobs per trip (against snake bites and poison). Against mummies or scarabs I just use anti-melee prayer until I get to the next room. I take NO armor in order to be able to run longer.

I loot chests on each level and graves on lvl 7 and 8. On lvl 8 I first loot all the urns (or leave a couple if running out of time), then grave, then chest. Reason is: I don't want to waste time killing those guys, or waste my prayer while they attack me as I loot urns. And if scarabs spawn from chest then opening grave is impossible, but its possible to open grave even when mummy attacks.

Besides the 5 min trip, there is also the time it takes to go to bank, put stash and get 4 more lobs, find the right entrance for the next run, and every 2-3 runs go to temple nearby to recharge prayer). So lets say on average it takes 8 mins per run with all extra stuff including, which translates to 60/8 = 7.5 trips per hour with 11K per trip = 82.5K per hour exp. Plus you get a ton of trinkets and a chance for the scepter.

I haven't gotten a scepter yet. Vet PPers - what is the average chance of getting one from each of the higher levels (say levels 7 8 and 9).

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Great guide but I am a little dissappointed in the fact you do not list the experience of the Sorceress Garden Minigame but, as you mentioned, you haven't did it yourself. I am wondering, what is the exp per hour with Pyramid Plunder as opposed to pick pocketing Menaphite Thugs.

9/10 Overall-Needs to compare other methods.

soulthresher.png

when you are at your last room of pyramid plunder, you SHOULDNT check for snakes. this will give you less xp in total! also, you could better just loot the urns in your second best room till your time reaches 60%, gives you enough time to loot all the urns in your last room.

wish me luck with 99 hunter :) 90 atm!