How To Become A Master Thief: 1 - 99 Thieving Guide!

Neglexis

omfg than goodness for this guide, thought id be thieving knights untill 70 >.> but i found this guide and got it in a few hours from 63 17/10 ftw!! :thumbsup:

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur vid on youtube is sorta...gone #-o

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WMG."

even though the guide itself is pretty explantory :thumbsup:

ima go try it now...shootin for 80 might go farther dependin on how boring it is or i might stop b4 1 lvl but w/e :lol:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The part about using blackjacks on Pollnivneach Bandits. What do you suggest is the best blackjack to use on these?
Maple Blackjack (o). You need to do the Blackjack section of Rouge Trader and select "Offensive" in order to do this. (o) have a better chance of knocking them out.

I really like the sorceress' garden, it's really quick exp past 65 thieving, it's about 100kxp an hour and it gives farming exp too, I've levelled 1-35 farming in that minigame [=

And the pyramid plunder part really helps, it's much faster with your strategy, I always use to run out of time trying to do too much in the lower level rooms =/

Cabbage! (:<

• 3 weeks later...

Meh. I've heard from numerous places, and tested it out myself, and Maple Blackjack (o)'s arent any better at knocking bandits out then regulars or defensives. The just have more desirable stats.

And really people, before you come in and say that you think pyramid plunder is better then blackjacking, try blackjacking. Sure its click intensive, and sure its boring, but you really do get a noticeably large amount more xp. I started at 50, and even then I was getting over 100k xp an hour. Now I'm getting well over 200k per hour at 76. PP simply doesn't come close until 81. Even then, and doesn't surpass until 91 the xp you could be getting blackjacking.

6. 55 - 65 Thieving

Yup, you're doing great if you've already achieved this. This also means that you can now complete desert treasure!

Now, for this step, the completion of "The Feud" is needed. Don't worry if you haven't done already, it's a very easy and fun quest! Also, it gives a little hint on how you will be training the next few levels.

If you wouldn't already have guessed it, you will be training on those Bandits (lvl 56, the 41's give less experience!) in Pollivineach!

EPIC FAILURE! ardougne knights give same xp and same lvl, close to a bank and food stock from bakers stalls.

While doing this, you have the chance to get a Pharao's Sceptre, which is around 750,000gp-850,000gp these days!

its worth about 600k or 550k.

Paragon.png

EPIC FAILURE! ardougne knights give same xp and same lvl, close to a bank and food stock from bakers stalls.

Go test it out, will you? :)

To all others, will be getting HD pictures anytime soon!

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Great guide!!! :thumbsup:

Also:

I have found that, while pickpocketing menaphite thugs, if you fail to knock them out and get attacked, you can just pickpocket them again right away (before they get the second hit in) and they'll stop attacking. You risk getting hit for a guaranteed 5 if you fail the pickpocket, but at least you don't have to run away.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Wow great guide! :thumbup: Very detailed and easy to use. I especially like your quick summary at the bottom because I, like many others, am too lazy to read the entire thing :oops:

So what is the xp rate per hour for Pyramid Plunder? Just curious how much better it is then luring.

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

• 2 weeks later...

Can I add something to the part for the guards? At the Port Sarim Jailhouse, when you go upstairs, there's a room with about 5 guards. And since no one passes here you can trap a guard without having to worry that someone'll attack it.

• 2 months later...

Overall, a very well written guide with plenty of pictures and descriptions.

However, based on personal experience, I feel as though pyramid plunder can also be done right from 51 for an equal if not greater amount of experience than other methods of pickpocketing.

i_merch_ftw.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering..

When you going into each room.. does the order of that you pick lock the doors changed each game? or not until the mummy changes what room he starts off in?

Always wondered :)

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

• 3 weeks later...

One thing... in the Blackjacking areas :-#

ALWAYS use a maple blackjack, higher sucess rate.

Also, its much easyer to buy wines from the pub, you can bring lobs and use them untill your out, then go to the pub, use the pickpocketed money to buy wine, then get back to Theiving.

Click here for Imallskillzy's Guide to Soloing Tormented Demons!

Imallskillzy.png

Imallskillzy: 5,873rd to 99 Crafting

Qpc as of 1/14/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...