Money or ranks?You decide!

kamykazee

As well know,one of runescapes biggest aspects (if not the biggest) is raising skills,becoming better at them,unlocking treasures,making fun new things with them.

But there are also quite a few people who make large amounts of money but do not invest in their skills very much.They stock their wealth in various items like discontinued items and other valuables and either show them off in public,or just stop playing rs at all or try to make even more money.

I am curious to see which one of these two aspects is really the most important.Of course having money and being able to afford anything and investing in a shinny new phat is every players dream,but isn't the point of money only restricted to raising skills?Could it be that we have slightly lost track of this?

Perhaps not,as the point of skills for some players is to achieve glory,then why hiscores?Just take a bank pic and post it on a forum.Doesn't that have a similar,maybe even better effect?Aren't rich people atleast as famous as high skilled?

And combining this with the fact that 10 players already have achieved a maximum overal level in hiscores,and individual skills are starting to reach their maximum experience may very well be justified!

After all,whats the point of getting maximum level if already 1000 people have it?

On the other hand,it could just be that the fun of raising a skill and being able to make the best of it (let's say runite plate in smithing for example) and it could prove to be very rewarding and entertaining.

Please post your thoughts but BEHAVE! :shame:

Final1.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly like skills better because I'm a terrible money making...

Probably explains why I'm poor all the time lol.

I like ranks.

Right now I think I'm ranked like 49,000th overall or something.

It may not seem like much but out of the 8-9million players that play this game...being ranked 49k feels pretty good.

2czeqeh.jpg

Ya, I had 7, 8m max, but I lost it all to a scammer last month so now I'm afraid of being rich :ohnoes:

after playing runescape about 3 years, I'm still not too good at money making so I still get my own raw materials...

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

easy ranks.levels can make you money but money cannot neccesarily get you ranks 8-) (if that made sense)

actually money can get u ranks. but not for all skills. only the "buyable"ones. :-s

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

You see, both aspects of the game are important. It's nice to have good stats and a high rank, but it's also great to have lots of money and be able to show off. Even then, making money and skills go hand in hand. You don't have to camp out at Fally park on w2, getting carpal tunnel in order to make money. You can make it through skills, such as making nats, cutting yews, killing KQ, etc.

So in my opinion, both skills and money are important, and you certainly don't have to sacrifice one for the other ;)

Yea but how would being lvl 126 with 99 skills but not even a santa sound?

If you have 99 all skills it's not too hard to get a santa... with the hoards of people willing to do anything for you.

A few friends of mine bumped into Zezima once... and now they're farming toadflax for him JUST to be kept on his friends list. It's useful for me cause now I can get discount sara brews but it's kinda silly too.

Skills of are higher value to me. They're what require time. I have plenty of money but I don't have the time to get the skills. I could easily buy several skills up to 99 - I have the money for it, but skills show dedication and hard work. Money doesn't. I might have over a one billion net worth but I paid only a fraction of what it is now, so it doesn't have as much meaning as someone who earned high skills.

If you have 99 all skills it's not too hard to get a santa... with the hoards of people willing to do anything for you.

A few friends of mine bumped into Zezima once... and now they're farming toadflax for him JUST to be kept on his friends list. It's useful for me cause now I can get discount sara brews but it's kinda silly too.

that's scary.Is it mind control? :?

Final1.jpg

I like getting my skills higher than working on ways to get money. I would like a lot of money but i spend more time skilling.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Rank all the way. I'm a totaller through and through.

If I make money along the way that is only a gain. I rarely ever do things for the soul purpose of making money, however, I would make money and invest in rares if I were to quit.

Money just doesn't do it for me. I would rather have skill capes on my back rather than a party hat on my head :)

fishsigfincm1.jpg

Neither :-w .

But if you had to force an answer out of me, money>skills. Skills are just stupid clicking; money generally takes some intelligience to acquire.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Money you can lose,get scammed, hacked. Your skills are there forever.

You beat me to it, but yeah that's basically what i think, except having a fair amount of money is always nice, even if it can come and go easily \'

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008