biggest college shooting in history

magekillr

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of you when I heard this on the news. Were you near any of the violence? School shootings like this tick me off so much. These cowards that shoot everyone are absolute scum. I just wish he would have lived so he could get a worse punishment than a shot to the head.

It's kind of ironic, today my friend who decided to go to VTech was actually wearing a Hokies shirt today of all days.

i was actually asleep. Ambler Johnson is right across from Pritchard Hall (my residence). i woke up at 7:15 to go to class, but then decided because i was in the hospital all night (and something in my head), i didn't go to class and just skipped class.

i woke upat 10:25 and saw all this mess

if i had gone to class...i would have walked through Norris Hall on my way to class

And Americans tell me that the right to bear arms is fine? You make cannabis and cocaine illegal to 'protect society', but you sell guns in Walmart.

A criminal is going to get a gun regardless of it being legal or not...

guns need to be legal to regular citizens... if one of those students just so happened to be carrying a gun (available to them after getting a permit for it) for self-defense, it wouldn't have caused nearly as many deaths as that person could have taken out the criminal.

im not saying that guns should be in school, but some defense needs to be available... just like a fire extinguisher needs to be put in every room in a school.

Otherwise R.I.P

-i hope that the wounded will do well, and i hope the guy on this forum from VT hasnt lost anyone close.

and no, i didnt read through pages 2,3, to see if this has been said, if it has just ignore me.

I'll be landing in DC tomorrow, and staying at a hotel in Virginia on a class trip. I'm sure I'll hear more about it on local TV stations during my stay. God bless you all during this tragic time. Our thoughts are with you and your classmates.

souryw6.png

I thought of you when I heard this on the news. Were you near any of the violence? School shootings like this tick me off so much. These cowards that shoot everyone are absolute scum. I just wish he would have lived so he could get a worse punishment than a shot to the head.

It's kind of ironic, today my friend who decided to go to VTech was actually wearing a Hokies shirt today of all days.

i was actually asleep. Ambler Johnson is right across from Pritchard Hall (my residence). i woke up at 7:15 to go to class, but then decided because i was in the hospital all night (and something in my head), i didn't go to class and just skipped class.

i woke upat 10:25 and saw all this mess

if i had gone to class...i would have walked through Norris Hall on my way to class

Wow you woke up like around the same time as the first shooting. Do you think the gun shot may of woke you up?

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

the fact is, if guns where illegal this sort of thing wouldnt happen as often as it does (what is it? average of about 4 a year?). This sort of thing is VERY rare in other countries with anti-gun laws.

Wrong, banning guns makes them more of a treat to get illegally. What we need is like Switzerland, where everyone has a gun. You're not going to shoot someone who also has a gun. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

the fact is, if guns where illegal this sort of thing wouldnt happen as often as it does (what is it? average of about 4 a year?). This sort of thing is VERY rare in other countries with anti-gun laws.

Wrong, banning guns makes them more of a treat to get illegally. What we need is like Switzerland, where everyone has a gun. You're not going to shoot someone who also has a gun. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

Tazers should be issued in the dorms/classes under a lock/key with a sensor that notifys if its been opened *so no drunk college people decide it would be a fun game*

Tazers should be issued in the dorms/classes under a lock/key with a sensor that notifys if its been opened *so no drunk college people decide it would be a fun game*

To Viktor: This country has too many insane and mentally ill people, it would never work... :x

EDIT: Sorry for double post, wasn't thinking.

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

In that case, answer me.

Maybe it would be best to keep guns in the gangs, and not let any more bullied teens becoming serial killers though eh?

You don't need a gun to become a serial killer. A serial killer will kill no matter what happens.

Shadow you can [be quiet] as 32 people died today, even on the Internet where you're safe still shows a degree of ignorance. Seriously there are no need for 'debates' as people here call them on a topic like this, so please feck off.

Great way to get your point across. I'll offer my condolences to the people affected, but if people will post BS across the thread, they're doing more disrespecting than I am.

Shads, you're making out that trying to make a difference is pointless. Do you not see the possibility that, if guns were outlawed, it would resist the chance or temptation for some people to 'become' criminals, or use them to solve problems they have? Especially the people who are 'weak' enough to snap like this?

You were making out like people are either criminals or not, in some innate way. People are not born criminals, they become it.

You didn't understand what I said then. If people have guns in a place where guns are illegal, then they're criminals. I never claimed that people are born criminals?

I hate people shoving words in my mouth, ugh.

If you believe that taking away liberties from people is fine, then so be it. But like someone else said, "he who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither"

I'm going to have to stop the gun debate now. If someone wants to start a thread on that, please go ahead. I'd love I debate about that.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

In that case, answer me.

Maybe it would be best to keep guns in the gangs, and not let any more bullied teens becoming serial killers though eh?

You don't need a gun to become a serial killer. A serial killer will kill no matter what happens.

But what about these bullied teens who do this most often? With no gun in the garden shed, or on the mantlepiece, or whereevr you people hide them, the kid can't simply snap, and then take the gun to school to kill his tormentors.

supernovasigst7.jpg

In that case, answer me.

But what about these bullied teens who do this most often? With no gun in the garden shed, or on the mantlepiece, or whereevr you people hide them, the kid can't simply snap, and then take the gun to school to kill his tormentors.

Make a new thread.

You're right, you can kill with practically anything.

There's no way that a person with a knife/baseball bat would have gone through so many people's lives so quickly than someone with a gun, though.

There's no way that a person with a knife/baseball bat would have gone through so many people's lives so quickly than someone with a gun, though.

True.

So was it all students, or were there any teachers/staff killed?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

True.

heard on another forum that a professor was shot in the face, not exactly a reliable source though.

True.

anyone who got in the way, im sure there were teachers, these people were not targeted personally, he just went into the rooms shooting.