biggest college shooting in history

magekillr

Mage, did you attend the vigil? Perhaps write something on the giant VT? Despite it being sad I bet it would be relieving to grieve with others.

it's tomorrow at 2:00 p.m....i plan on attending :)

Grim: the one gun was a 9MM...the other was different but never confirmed

Oh, I thought they had something going on tonight, a candle lighting or something, saw it on the news.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.. someone pissed this guy off preeettyy bad for him to be able to do this. And what weapon did he use, anyone know?

I've heard some rumours but I'd rather not spread them unless I know they're facts.

all the news stories ive seen or heard said that he carried 2 handguns, with multiple magazines of ammunition.

i'd guess 9mm or similar

Now, I'm not a fancy gun-knowing guy but are 9mm's automatic? I mean, he just opened fire on a large crowd of people ...

Proud founder of the Myriad

Man.. someone pissed this guy off preeettyy bad for him to be able to do this. And what weapon did he use, anyone know?

I've heard some rumours but I'd rather not spread them unless I know they're facts.

all the news stories ive seen or heard said that he carried 2 handguns, with multiple magazines of ammunition.

i'd guess 9mm or similar

Now, I'm not a fancy gun-knowing guy but are 9mm's automatic? I mean, he just opened fire on a large crowd of people ...

I think the story said it was just a steady fire of shots, not an automatic.

Mage, did you attend the vigil? Perhaps write something on the giant VT? Despite it being sad I bet it would be relieving to grieve with others.

it's tomorrow at 2:00 p.m....i plan on attending :)

Grim: the one gun was a 9MM...the other was different but never confirmed

Oh, I thought they had something going on tonight, a candle lighting or something, saw it on the news.

maybe...i dunno. there are like 60 mile per hour winds atm...so :-k

and Grim...the 9MM can fire 30 bullets in 10 seconds...and he stormed in and shot the teacher right away. after that the students fell to the floor...and then he just fired at students on the ground

i'd guess 9mm or similar

found this.

A law enforcement source close to the investigation told CNN a 22-caliber handgun and a 9 mm handgun were recovered at the scene.

neither one of those weapons are automatic, nor can they easily be converted to automatic. however, the 9mm at least was most likey semi-automatic, and with just a little practice, can be fired and reloaded very quickly.

many police officers carry 9mm handguns.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

I remember columbine. This seems to be almost a mirror of what happened almost exactly eight years ago

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I was almost brought to tears hearing this story...and this is your school? Where were you when all this happened?!

i had an Epididymitis...which means the tube that carries my seamen outside got enlarged from an infection due to bacteria. i thought it was testicular torsion and got scared...so i went to the hospital. while waiting for the taxi cab to take me...i kept asking God "Why? why?...what did i do? why are you doing this to me?". i had to stay there for all hours of the night and got home at 2:00 AM...and had like 4 assignments to do. i had a doctors note so i figured i'd skip classes

i woke up this morning at 7:15 to my alarm and debated whether or not to go to class. something told me not to go to class...so i went back to sleep. i woke up at 10:25 and heard a lot talking outside my room...and heard the terrible news.

i can only thank God for allowing me not to go to class. West Ambler Johnson is right across from my residence...and Norris hall...well...i had class this morning as you know. i didn't have a class there, but i had to walk through there to get to my class. therefore...if i went to class...i could very well be dead right now

well, i can tell you right now, ban guns, and i'll be one of the rebels.

And thats why shootings will continue to happen. You can feel sorry, but theres nothing really to be surprised about. Treat guns like a game and this is the outcome.

gr454rc.gif

Terrible news, I hope for all your sakes that this gets people thinking about the gun laws.

everyone said the same for the dallas massacre in the 60s. then columbine. has anything changed? or is there gonna be another 20-30 young promising lives taken every couple years? they were having a debate over whether adding x rays to the school would be constitunional. when human lives are at stake, nothing is too extreme.

besides, the constitution DOES allow it, because in art 1 sec 8 (elastic clause) congress can make all laws NECESSARY to keep the country running smoothly. i think saving human lives is a necessity.

for the government, its simply a decision that involves long hours of dicsussion sitting by a table. for someone affected by the decision, in this case a student, their lives can go from perfectly safe to perilously dangerous.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Just seen the BBC News, aparentely the following things are official:

- The gunman was an Asian Student, and he did shoot himself.

- Death toll is now 33, but it could be higher.

- They think the gunman had an accomplice.

supernovasigst7.jpg

You know what makes me sick? 5 hours after it happened Jack Thompson came on FOX to talk about it.

Yup, he blamed it on video games. Someone we know nothing about except for rumors and Jack decides to take this tragedy and use it for his own personal adgenda.

Politians like that make me sick.

Everyone is saying VaTech should have locked down. But lets be real here..2 folks killed, nothing happens for the next 2 hours. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re under the impression thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s its an isolated incident and treat it as such. Va tech is HUGEE. When you have a shooting in a city and the shooter is long gone, they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t lock down the city, they focus on the crime scene. Same here, the classrooms were 20 mins away. With nothing like this ever happening before, its impossible to predict that you are still in danger and to the extent that you wuill have such a mass body count

Everybody has an opinion after the fact but there is no other way I see it being handled. Hindsight is 20/20 ..I am sure now the way we handle futures situation will be different because we have reference.

every1 remember Liviu Librescu (as well as every1 else)

not only was he a hero in the fact that he held the gunman off so his students could escape...but years prior he was a Holocaust survivor

he was to be my future teacher in aerospace engineering...