biggest college shooting in history

magekillr

i am probably the only person on this forum that feels this way but, i feel a bit of pity towards mr.cho(the killer), just like the montreal shooting a while ago i think this might have to do with him being socially neglected to the point where he found no point in life and wanted to show people he was worth something

btw to the guy that said that if guns are banned in america then he would be angry (dont know your name, srry) what is the point of going hunting, does it make you feel good to kill another living species just because it isn't your species...how does this make your life better in anyway when you can get all the meat you need at the supermarket or w\e...and if you hunt for sport i find that even more sad

1. this guy was obviously disturbed, was referred to therapy by a teacher, and was(i assume) given many opportunities to resolve his problem. however, his decision to kill 32 other people was wrong. it is not your choice to take another person's life.

2. i'm the guy you're talking about, and I hunt for food. I'm in college right now, and free food is good. I'm not going to say I don't enjoy hunting, because that would be a lie. however, i'm not a sick freak that tortures animals, all my kills are as clean as i can possibly make them, and if i don't think i can make a clean kill, i won't take the shot.

viktor makes a good point also.

I hate to break it to you and open up another can of worms, but the meat at the supermarket had a far worse time while it was alive than the deer i kill in the wild.

maybe, theres some truth to that...though i still go with my saying in the post above

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone looking to gain any sort of benefit/profit out of this should be disgusted with themselves

Jack Thompson blames the shootings on violent video games:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/ ... 252702.php

Brett Morris of our own CT to blame the shootings on the United States' "foundation on slavery and genocide":

http://www.collegemedia.com/stories/4-1 ... orris.html

Paul Helmke is using the shootings to advocate gun control:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007 ... n-control/

Demosophist is using them to advocate against gun control:

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/009581.php#009581

Prison Planet is blaming the shootings here and at Columbine on a government conspiracy:

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/april2 ... lackop.htm

I read a hip-hop website & they're practically waiting on some "political analyst" to blame in on rap music, which will happen if the guy has but one hip hop record in his collection.

I find it pathetic how people try to exploit tragedies such as this to further their causes that are unrelated to the issue. I agree that there should be some debate over firearms legislation as it's obviously a related subject, but I deplore people who make rash judgements without basis (like those at prisonplanet & the man who blames video games). At times like these you would think people would conduct themselves with a bit of class & dignity and allow the families of victims to grieve rather than make wild, baseless theories as to why this has happened.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

btw to the guy that said that if guns are banned in america then he would be angry (dont know your name, srry) what is the point of going hunting, does it make you feel good to kill another living species just because it isn't your species...how does this make your life better in anyway when you can get all the meat you need at the supermarket or w\e...and if you hunt for sport i find that even more sad

If we don't hunt, species will overgraze, will over reproduce, and what we will find is huge animal diseases killing off half the planet. And this is also the same for domesticated animals.

pfft, i could say that humans are overgrazing and killing off all other species for our selfishnses

yeah because survival is so selfish, personally i think all lions and other meat eating animals should be converted to vegetarians. its really terrible. i know someone who even forced thier dog to become a vegetarian. now THAT's animal cruelty..

but. back to the topic at hand.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

i am probably the only person on this forum that feels this way but, i feel a bit of pity towards mr.cho(the killer), just like the montreal shooting a while ago i think this might have to do with him being socially neglected to the point where he found no point in life and wanted to show people he was worth something

I find it sad that there was not a chance to help this man, but he lost it himself, so I can't be sorry for him.

I find it sad that there was not a chance to help this man, but he lost it himself, so I can't be sorry for him.

its not yet proved, but i beleive that may be the case

proves to us that society is extremely messed up these days

i see this at my own school :anxious:

but there was a chance to help him, his english teacher referred him to therapy after reading some of his disturbing writing, but he chose to keep it bottled up inside instead of seeking help. there is only so much that other people can do to help you. no one can be helped unless he helps himself. this is why i have no sympathy for the killer.

holygrail-1.jpg

I am glad that they at least identified the shooter. Now I want to know what's on that darn note.

yes, im guessing its a 'i hate society because i was neglected' note, not meant as a joke though it may seem as one

I am glad that they at least identified the shooter. Now I want to know what's on that darn note.

me too. all i could find for certain is that he blamed "rich kids" and that "you caused me to do this," but i couldnt find out who the "you" meant, the school? society? the "rich kids"? i dont know.

Edit: just found this, still doesnt explain "you" though......

Cho ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

holygrail-1.jpg

me too. all i could find for certain is that he blamed "rich kids" and that "you caused me to do this," but i couldnt find out who the "you" meant, the school? society? the "rich kids"? i dont know.

Don't know if this helps, may as well post it.

"...Seung Hui Cho wrote about a desire to kill a teacher and an abusive stepfather. In the note he left behind yesterday, he wrote "you caused me to do this.""

That lead me to believe that, but I'm sure there's more to it.

@Mage- Glad to see that you decided to not go to school. It must be terrible knowing so many people's lives were cut short in a day :( Hope things return to near normal soon for you.

Clown, how could you?!?!?! Im not even quoting that cause it may be one of the most offensive and inappropriate things to be posted since "Dat Emo Cabbage" (They posted a pic of old man making love). If offended that you could ever think that that is funny! During 9/11 did you see people putting "Im in ur planes, blowin up ur towers" NO! because most people have the common decency to not do that! I mean if you think thats funny (how?) and some people grive by making jokes, please keep stuff of that nature to yourself

Thanks

Sorry about that, that just makes me extremely angry.

On-Topic: All we talked about today was this. It now really starting to hit me just how terrible this is. I mean one of the professors was a holocaust survivor, and now he is shot by some idiot with to much on his mind and no way to cope.

EDIT: The pictures were taken away, thank god. But my rant will remain.

(PS: Yeah, i was the one who reported it)

Sig

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/F390618F-55E7-4A9B-8893-94410C49B3B2/

You have got to be kidding me... the western baptist church is going to be protesting at the funneral for those who died. :-X . All in all its a good thing swearing isn't allowed on the forums or we'd be hearing a mouthful of it right now from me.

I feel like summoning the wrath of god from my fist to thier faces. This really does worry me that after such a tragic event they can't see past thier own noses to any shred of compassion or common decency. The Virginia Tech shooting was a pointless crime from a clearly deluded person.

I think it's about time the NRA tried to help the problem rather than just send condolances and wash thier hands with the whole issue (If they actually do help with gun safety, responsibility and restrictions, sorry, I'm not aware but would like to hear about it).

I havn't read anything much more on the matter... So I don't know how high the death toll is, nor who did it (If they know yet).

But this is a horrible tragedy and makes me sick to my stomach and saddens me deeply. It's just wrong, there is no excuse, no anything that can justify the actions that occured. Anyhow... It's horrible, just horrible...

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

There was a shooting at Monash University here in Australia some time ago. The gunman managed to kill a couple of people before some bloke tackled him and beat the everliving crap out of the poor sod.

Why don't people in America do that? It boggles the mind. The best way to deal with a lone gunman is to rush him with a group.

There was a shooting at Monash University here in Australia some time ago. The gunman managed to kill a couple of people before some bloke tackled him and beat the everliving crap out of the poor sod.

Why don't people in America do that? It boggles the mind. The best way to deal with a lone gunman is to rush him with a group.

Because people don't want to be part of the minority that will get shot during the rush.

Read up on the killer a bit, seems like a pretty screwed up guy. I read one of his stories he wrote, just had non stop swearing and hatred in it, then of course the violence.

not to mention it's A LOT harder to kill someone with a knife or a bat...it takes a hell of a lot more balls.

a gun...you pull a trigger

Very true. A man with a bat will unlikely kill ANYONE as long as there is more than one person.

Say the maniac swings at your friend, jump right on his back and start pounding him right?

And same concept with a knife, only more dangerous. As long as there are a few people he's not oging to get a lot.

i guess the same could be said for the gun though, i mean i don't see why,

1. they didn't lock down, 2 hours between the shootings i mean c'mon how stupid can you be not to evacuate everyone....

2. a guy comes into your class, you all put your hands up etc, your 4 feet from him, hes facing away from you, he shoots 3 people....you decide NOT to attack him...that's pretty dumb, i'm sure someone must've been in that position, if he's shooting, there's at best a 1 in what 30 chance you are gonna get shot (if there are 30 people in the class) but hes just shot 5, maybe 6 of you, thats lower down to like 1 in 10 if you know he'll kill more, jesus...jump him, at least if you smash him about a bit chances are he might lose grip of the gun, if worst comes to worse knock him unconscious...something, i for one can't believe out of 32 dead people, and everyone outside and inside the classes, no one did anything

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

You make it sound like they didn't do that because they're american :|. The cirumstances of the shootings may have been different. Apparantly in this case the students got to the ground, and the murderer just picked them off one by one while they were laying there.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

1.) the dude came in and without any warning or words just started shooting...

2.) he shot the teacher right away and then started shooting every1 else...

this was without warning...in a classroom. how could you possibly overcome that shock of being there...then some guy without saying anything or any delay comes in and starts shooting. b4 you even know what's going on 5 of your classmates are dead...and then he moves onto the next room.

1. they didn't lock down, 2 hours between the shootings i mean c'mon how stupid can you be not to evacuate everyone....

2. a guy comes into your class, you all put your hands up etc, your 4 feet from him, hes facing away from you, he shoots 3 people....you decide NOT to attack him...that's pretty dumb, i'm sure someone must've been in that position, if he's shooting, there's at best a 1 in what 30 chance you are gonna get shot (if there are 30 people in the class) but hes just shot 5, maybe 6 of you, thats lower down to like 1 in 10 if you know he'll kill more, jesus...jump him, at least if you smash him about a bit chances are he might lose grip of the gun, if worst comes to worse knock him unconscious...something, i for one can't believe out of 32 dead people, and everyone outside and inside the classes, no one did anything

you don't even know the situation...so stop speaking so ignorantly about it please...before you seriously piss me off. i can't stand people like you trying to assess the situation without even knowing what happened and actually BLAMING people. why must blame be put on anyone but the gunman himself? it was his fault...no one else's. there's nothing we can do...this is how it happened...now we deal with it from here. do not make me angry...i don't feel like being suspended again