biggest college shooting in history

magekillr

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the victims, Jeremy Herbstritt, his family lives a few cities away from me.

It's almost scary just going to school nowadays. It wasn't too long ago when in Pennsylvania, a man went into an amish school and shot people, I think 5 little girls died. There was another one around that time too, I think in Colorado. Oh, and let's not forget Columbine! You never know, the next school on the list could be yours. I'm sure nobody could have seen this kind of thing coming.

That man, Cho Seung Hui, was seriously messed up. I read "Richard McBeef" and "Mr.Brownstone", the plays that he wrote. They were filled with profanity and were pretty disturbing. I'm suprised I didn't have nightmares after reading them. They were pretty sick.

Does anyone think, that maybe this is what Cho wanted? Everbody saying his name, talking about him, posting his picture everywhere, and everything? I don't know how this would benefit anyone though, because he killed himself. That's the thing about most school shootings. the gunman usually kills himself in the end anyway, so who would it help? No one! Families are ruined forever,including your own, because you had to go and do something sneseless and stupid. Mmmmhm. You win, alright.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

i apologise, i dont have a clue how these quote things can be cut down to size, may i be enlightened?

Like so:

Hey
Hey dude
OMG Hi!
Whaz up!?

In text it looks like:

[quote name="Thing 2"]
[quote name="Thing 1"]
[quote name="Thing 2"]
[quote name="Thing 1"]Hey[/quote]Hey dude[/quote]OMG Hi![/quote]Whaz up!?[/quote]

So remove the quotes of the furthest inwards. From their name on the opening quote, which is:

[quote name="Thing"]

To their corresponding end quote:

[/quote]

And you get:

[quote name="Thing 4"]
[quote name="Thing 3"]
[quote name="Thing 2"]Hey dude[/quote]OMG Hi![/quote]Whaz up!?[/quote]

And again remove the innermost until only one is left:

[quote name="Thing 4"]Whaz up!?[/quote]

Whaz up!?

And there you have it.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

anouther shooting. I do not belive this is the right place for you to start a heated debate about gun controll. what you should be talking about is the shooting, what happend. what mesures could of been taken to contain him. gun controll is a entirely diffrent matter. any one can get one on the black market and from what I heer he lied on his applactation for a gun and said he was never declared mentaly ill.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

if all he had to do is say he had never been diagnoised as mentally ill to get a gun without having to having a background check or even a psychoananalyitical screening session beforehand then really how can guns be put under control? if all ive heard about gun control in america is true then id literally be able to fly over there today, give over $5000 and have a .50 caliber semiautomatic sniper rifle by this time tomorrow night, if thats the case it really is a miracle that there not more incidents like this.

anouther shooting. I do not belive this is the right place for you to start a heated debate about gun controll. what you should be talking about is the shooting, what happend. what mesures could of been taken to contain him. gun controll is a entirely diffrent matter. any one can get one on the black market and from what I heer he lied on his applactation for a gun and said he was never declared mentaly ill.

We have for the past 12 or so pages.

We started a thread ages ago.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

i just hate how there always has to be blame put on someone to make people feel at ease...it's not going to make those people who died come back to life.

Thats the world today for ya. Its not enough to accept that a tragedy's been done by a guy who ahd issues. No, everyone points fingers at everyone else in hopes of finding comfort through othr people being framed.

I feel sorry for Bush. some conspiracists and idiots have been pointing fingers at him. why? uneducated people say its his fault theres no gun ban. HE'S NOT A KING. He can't just make a rule to stop everything. Has to go through congress and override the 2nd amendment. This also means overriding part of the bill of rights, and those are supposed to be GUARENTEED to a citizen.

Don't blame Bush. don't blame politics. blame our freedom. do you know of any other countries with such problems? no, because they have better laws. we're worrying about freedom to own a weapon.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

i just hate how there always has to be blame put on someone to make people feel at ease...it's not going to make those people who died come back to life.

Thats the world today for ya. Its not enough to accept that a tragedy's been done by a guy who ahd issues. No, everyone points fingers at everyone else in hopes of finding comfort through othr people being framed.

I feel sorry for Bush. some conspiracists and idiots have been pointing fingers at him. why? uneducated people say its his fault theres no gun ban. HE'S NOT A KING. He can't just make a rule to stop everything. Has to go through congress and override the 2nd amendment. This also means overriding part of the bill of rights, and those are supposed to be GUARENTEED to a citizen.

Don't blame Bush. don't blame politics. blame our freedom. do you know of any other countries with such problems? no, because they have better laws. we're worrying about freedom to own a weapon.

na hes so determined to fight a "war on terrorism", this is his fault.

gr454rc.gif

oh so the president's job should be to go around to each university in the nation and determine that there are no potential mass-murderers attending?

please. =;

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

He's the president, not super man. We shouldn't be so quick to blame, its ridiculous. Guns didnt do it, the universtity isnt to blame, and the president didnt have any hand in this. A physco college kid did it, and it is done. Blaming wont bring back the fallen, we should heal and start being more alert to mental illness.

I feel odd to recommend south park as a way to prove a point, but the one they did on global warming has an excellent point of how stupid our blame game is.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The President had nothing to do with this, at all. A sick, college student with a psycho mind did it, no one could predict that would happen.

And Warren-- do you know any other country with as much freedom as the US? =;

If someone has the nerve to bring a gun to school or shoot someone, nothing is going to stop them from getting a hold of a gun, all this would do is put guns solely in the hands of people who intend to use them to harm others, and leave everyone else screwed.

If guns were banned when this happened, im pretty sure he would have gotten a gun anyway if he intended to kill himself after it all.

This is a terrible event, and it wont be the last, but guns dont kill people, people kill people.

ok lets not outlaw thalidomide, because it doesnt disfigure children, the women who take it do. really why do people need guns anyway? to shoot cans? why do you need a $500 chunk of metal to do that for when you can just pick up a stick, a rubber band and a rock and do it for free?

lol your comparing people owning guns to women taking an anti-depressent.

That drug disfigurged infants, guns have more uses than killing people.

Ill be sure to tell all my friends who hunt that they would be having just as much fun hurling rocks from sticks and rubber bands at the several hundred pound elk.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, guns dont kill people, people kill people. In the words of Larry the Cable guy, if guns kill people, then I blame my pencil for why I failed Math

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

Monday, 4/16/07, the biggest massacre that the United States and the World has ever seen, took place on the lonely campus of VA Tech.

the gunman, Cho Seung Hui, set out to accomplish something that in his mind "got even" with things in his life...he felt it must be done. he also felt that by doing it, we would have blood on our hands

he may have accomplished some of his goals, but there's one thing he didn't take, he could never ever tear away our spirit and love for each other. this event to me has shown me how much I mean to others...and how much people appreciate me...and even when I feel like no one cares...the fact of the matter is (and this event brought it out) that sooo many people care.

so even if this event didn't affect you directly, tell those who you love and care about that you love them. even if they know it..they need to hear it. let them know how much they mean to you, cause another tragic event like this could happen, and then it'd be too late

Cho and any1 of the likes of him may take lives, they may take time from learning, they may make history, they may fuel our anger on the world. but there's just that one thing they can never take..and that's the power of love for each other

just take a minute tomorrow or tonight...and let those people know

cheers

Monday, 4/16/07, the biggest massacre that the United States and the World has ever seen, took place on the lonely campus of VA Tech.

the gunman, Cho Seung Hui, set out to accomplish something that in his mind "got even" with things in his life...he felt it must be done. he also felt that by doing it, we would have blood on our hands

he may have accomplished some of his goals, but there's one thing he didn't take, he could never ever tear away our spirit and love for each other. this event to me has shown me how much I mean to others...and how much people appreciate me...and even when I feel like no one cares...the fact of the matter is (and this event brought it out) that sooo many people care.

so even if this event didn't affect you directly, tell those who you love and care about that you love them. even if they know it..they need to hear it. let them know how much they mean to you, cause another tragic event like this could happen, and then it'd be too late

Cho and any1 of the likes of him may take lives, they may take time from learning, they may make history, they may fuel our anger on the world. but there's just that one thing they can never take..and that's the power of love for each other

just take a minute tomorrow or tonight...and let those people know

cheers

+1

he claims in his video that he did what he did "to inspire the weak people."

this has not inspired anyone, or made the world a better place for ANYONE. this has only ruined thousands of people's lives and he is no better than a terrorist.

holygrail-1.jpg

oh so the president's job should be to go around to each university in the nation and determine that there are no potential mass-murderers attending?

please. =;

yes and check all mailboxes for bombs for the terrorism.

gr454rc.gif

Gotta love swedish journalism. Expressen (a swedish newspaper) actually wrote an article claiming Cho had written a message on 4chan in which he said he would go out and kill people "in the name of the anonymous". The article also contained a screenshot of said message. Granted, there was a message like that with the timestamp at 4-something AM, but that sort of thing can easily be edited by somebody that is remotely computer-literate and has their mind set to do it. But what puzzles me the most about this is the fact that some journalist actually browsed /b/ and still somehow thought, "oh gee, this site looks legit. let's make article!"

Oh, and they also called 4chan and SomethingAwful "blogs".

Like somebody at another forum said: "The media really, really needs to stay the [bleep] away from the Internet."

edit: haha, they have removed the article now. I guess somebody explained to them some Internet.

2009rb9.jpg

how the semester will be finished:

The Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students are overwhelmed and saddened by recent tragic events. The faculty are concerned for the education of our students, as well as their physical and mental well-being. We realize that various students will react differently to these events. Because of this Virginia Tech will offer students a number of ways to complete the Spring 2007 semester. This procedure is in effect for all sites and locations where Virginia Tech classes are being taught.

Classes will resume on Monday, April 23, 2007. The first day of class will involve broad ranging discussion of these events from various perspectives. There will also be discussion of the options, which are available to students concerning their completion of the semester. Information about the options will also be made available online. Classes will be continued with the elimination of one week of work. Students will have the option of requesting, on a course by course basis, that the semester grade be based on the faculty evaluation of:

* Materials which have already been submitted for grade prior to April 16, or

* The already submitted material plus any other assigned material which the student wishes to submit for grade, or

* The material that would have been submitted for grade upon regular completion of the course.

Implementation of this procedure will be accomplished in a manner consistent with university academic policy. Existing policies related to other academic issues remain in effect. Flexibility and attention to the needs of the students is a high priority. The deans fully support the implementation and will be supported by the Office of the Provost.

In support of their emotional well-being, it is recommended that students continue to participate in class activities as part of the Virginia Tech community. We encourage students to continue to take advantage of all learning opportunities. Students will be permitted to defer a decision on which option to exercise until the last day of classes. The Course Withdrawal Policy is also extended until the last day of classes. The options for completing course work allow for students to remove themselves from the campus for all or part of the remainder of the semester without penalty to their course completion, or academic eligibility.

The university has decided that those students whose lives were taken will be awarded posthumously the academic degree for which they were enrolled effective Spring 2007. These degrees will be awarded during the college, graduate school, or departmental commencement exercises, where such degrees are usually awarded.

Questions regarding implementation of the procedures as outlined should be directed to the academic associate dean of the college in which the student is enrolled.

Mark G. McNamee

University Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

anyone see the Dr. Phil thing.. hes blaming Video games as well..

further confirms my hate towards him....

Bomb threats in the G4 studios... Also the Univ. Of Minnesota...

Obviously noone remembers the time before violent video games. When there were no senseless killings and no crazed wackos with guns :roll:

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Obviously noone remembers the time before violent video games. When there were no senseless killings and no crazed wackos with guns :roll:

what about the UTA killings in 1966..... im pretty sure there were no video games then.... just an example.

video games only influence the kids who only want attention and have no real intention of actually carrying out thier plans, these are the kids that usually tell friends, etc. and get stopped before they can even acquire a weapon.

holygrail-1.jpg