biggest college shooting in history

magekillr

this is a very sad event, that's true, but banning guns is not the solution. a conversation in irc today stemming from this incident left me with a bitter taste in my mouth from some of the pure hate that some individuals were directing towards me simply because i own guns.

I even got called a "terrorist" simply because i own guns.

I own several firearms, a 30-06, a 20 gauge shotgun, and a .22 long rifle. I use the 30-06 for deer hunting only, the 20-gauge for skeet and trap shooting, and occasionally turkey hunting, and the .22 lr for target shooting and plinking.

I hunt purely for food, not sport, and I practice safe shooting anytime I'm handling a firearm. How does that make me a terrorist? Should I be denied the right to use my firearms for these reasons?

banning guns outright would be a huge mistake. anyone remember prohibition? ok well maybe no one remembers it but i'm sure you've heard of it. well, i can tell you right now, ban guns, and i'll be one of the rebels.

Had you lived in Virginia, rushed in early and shot the killer, you would be praised for having guns, and not consider a terriost for owning one.

Here is the problem. The gun is not the killer. So why are we asking "what do we do with guns?".

The problem is the people holding the guns.. what do we do with the people?

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a very sad event, that's true, but banning guns is not the solution. a conversation in irc today stemming from this incident left me with a bitter taste in my mouth from some of the pure hate that some individuals were directing towards me simply because i own guns.

I own several firearms, a 30-06, a 20 gauge shotgun, and a .22 long rifle. I use the 30-06 for deer hunting only, the 20-gauge for skeet and trap shooting, and occasionally turkey hunting, and the .22 lr for target shooting and plinking.

I hunt purely for food, not sport, and I practice safe shooting anytime I'm handling a firearm. How does that make me a terrorist? Should I be denied the right to use my firearms for these reasons?

banning guns outright would be a huge mistake. anyone remember prohibition? ok well maybe no one remembers it but i'm sure you've heard of it. well, i can tell you right now, ban guns, and i'll be one of the rebels.

Had you lived in Virginia, rushed in early and shot the killer, you would be praised for having guns, and not consider a terriost for owning one.

Here is the problem. The gun is not the killer. So why are we asking "what do we do with guns?".

~Defender~

make rules ore severe...the US is too lenient...murderers left and right get off of life sentences from pardons...it's ridiculous

~Defender~

make rules ore severe...the US is too lenient...murderers left and right get off of life sentences from pardons...it's ridiculous

yep i agree 100%

but then you have cases like this, what do you do when the killer is suicidal anyway?

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Man, this is serious business. Its 33 dead, 26 injured.

The man shooting had a lot of experience. He reloaded like they do in the movies.

Everyone up at TC Williams heard about it... Now what I fear is whats been happening a lot in the school district lately -- Copycat incidents.

Watch NBC, they're talking a lot about it.

Biggest mass shooting in us history.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

It's horrible what this world has come to.

But I guess no one cares when people die in Iraq from explosions.

Well because noone forced people to join the military and go over to Iraq, its not that we dont care, its just anyone in the military knows the risk involved when enlisting.

These people were just attending school...

So stop trying to make this into a war debate, people died just for going to school, and your trying to voice your opinion on the war..... :roll:

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

It's horrible what this world has come to.

But I guess no one cares when people die in Iraq from explosions.

Well because noone forced people to join the military and go over to Iraq, its not that we dont care, its just anyone in the military knows the risk involved when enlisting.

These people were just attending school...

So stop trying to make this into a war debate, people died just for going to school, and your trying to voice your opinion on the war..... :roll:

Most of the people from the military can't get jobs, no money for school, not even close to college. Military was their last chance, and there they are dying in the streets. Anyways, your right, lets not make a big debate!

I guess were gonna expect to see lots of changes in schools in America. Nothing has ever happened to my school in Doha. But it's an American school in an Arabic country. We got like 4 gaurds stationed on every gate with M4A1s and Mp-5's. Gaurds from the American

Embassy

Debates like these go on forever because there never is 1 reason why someone joins the military and takes apon himself a certain action or path in life.

There is millions of choices and ways of "why" they did what they did.

Thus, no one can give a single reason to justify millions.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I guess were gonna expect to see lots of changes in schools in America. Nothing has ever happened to my school in Doha. But it's an American school in an Arabic country. We got like 4 gaurds stationed on every gate with M4A1s and Mp-5's. Gaurds from the American

Embassy

yeah because the shootings in texas and columbine, just for some examples, changed so much, this one's SURE to have a huge impact on schools.

our school had a fake bomb threat just a few months ago, and the most important thing the chancellor can think about is changing the name of the school. :roll:

holygrail-1.jpg

Embassy

yeah because the shootings in texas and columbine, just for some examples, changed so much, this one's SURE to have a huge impact on schools.

our school had a fake bomb threat just a few months ago, and the most important thing the chancellor can think about is changing the name of the school. :roll:

In middle school some idiot wrote on a wall "This school will be blown up on May 15!" and the school just covered it up with a poster. lol

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

no i do not know him....but i just heard that another one of my friends passed away

good bye Reema...RIP :cry:

that makes 3 that i knew...who knows how many more

i can't take this...i have lost like 7 people close to me in 1 year

our school has had a couple bomb threats in the past few years.. all that ever happened was an evacuation to the parking lot, and classes resumed when "the coast was clear"... kinda makes you think a couple hours of searching isnt going to do much... even in a small school.

Mage, also.. i know you had bomb threats, whats your schools procedure when they get one? do they send a squad in or what?

*i posted this unaware of ur last post. and i didnt want to seem like im ignoring the fact you've lost people you know.

--sorry for your loss, i hope nothing more comes up on the terms of more people you know passing.

no i do not know him....but i just heard that another one of my friends passed away

That presence that told you not to go to school, that was God man. He's going to help you through this.

Mage that must suck knowing that your friends got killed by some [rooster] sucker.... It's like getting punched in the face and you can't get back at the person that did it, right?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

That presence that told you not to go to school, that was God man. He's going to help you through this.

don't i know it...it's just so hard. i know i am going to know another person on the death list :cry:

don't i know it...it's just so hard. i know i am going to know another person on the death list :cry:

Your friends aren't dead. They are still alive, just in a location that we can't travel to yet.

You'll get to see them all over again in heaven. They will have smiles on their faces, and you'll have a bigger one going from earth to heaven, and knowing everything is okay!

Then for eternity, we all have the best time of our lives with our family and friends.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Your friends aren't dead. They are still alive, just in a location that we can't travel to yet.

You'll get to see them all over again in heaven. They will have smiles on their faces, and you'll have a bigger one going from earth to heaven, and knowing everything is okay!

Then for eternity, we all have the best time of our lives with our family and friends.

~Defender~

that's true...i know she loved her Lord :) ...just human nature

Man.. someone pissed this guy off preeettyy bad for him to be able to do this. And what weapon did he use, anyone know?

I've heard some rumours but I'd rather not spread them unless I know they're facts.

all the news stories ive seen or heard said that he carried 2 handguns, with multiple magazines of ammunition.

i'd guess 9mm or similar

holygrail-1.jpg

Mage, did you attend the vigil? Perhaps write something on the giant VT? Despite it being sad I bet it would be relieving to grieve with others.

it's tomorrow at 2:00 p.m....i plan on attending :)

Grim: the one gun was a 9MM...the other was different but never confirmed