Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

nope :) skillcapes are p2p, thats that ;)

and if u want to have a skillcape @ f2p, become member for 1 month, buy one and wear it for the rest of your life :)

We members honestly do have a lot going on for ourselves, not to mention weekly updates, forum access and other things. Why shouldn't freeplay be able to get a skill cape that they earned hands down on freeplay?

(No, I don't just pay members for skill capes. That'd be a waste of money.)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if u want to have a skillcape @ f2p, become member for 1 month, buy one and wear it for the rest of your life :)

lol but comon u dont just pay 4 skill capes do you?

my bro said,"get a life" so i asked "where do i download that...

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

lol but comon u dont just pay 4 skill capes do you?

Yeah, we don't pay just for skill capes. We pay for all the members stuff. Thephat's idea wouldn't work, if you stop being a member all of your members stuff gets put into your bank. Skill capes aren't the reason most people become a member, but they are the reason dedicated people who could wear a skill cape join members.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

Only a very small minority of F2P players have 99 skills, so I don't think Jagex should give F2P capes. Besides, they don't pay.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

As for how it could work, I posted this in the sticky in rants forum awhile back:

What if there was a portal that took you to the skill master to buy the cape. In F2P worlds you would not be able to leave the area or interact with anything besides the skill master. Thoughts?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

As for how it could work, I posted this in the sticky in rants forum awhile back:

What if there was a portal that took you to the skill master to buy the cape. In F2P worlds you would not be able to leave the area or interact with anything besides the skill master. Thoughts?

an excellent idea, can i put it on the front page?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

an excellent idea, can i put it on the front page?

Of course. ::'

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 2 weeks later...

absolutly yes. if someone who is f2p gets a skill to 99, they deserve it way more than a member with 99 in that skill. (im going to get quoted on that for sure) like the thread said, some1 who gets 99 wc off nothing but willows spent alot more time playing then a member. being amember lets you lvl up a lot faster then being a freeworlder. i like the whole portal idea, but it could lead to some issues regarding members worlds.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

absolutly yes. if someone who is f2p gets a skill to 99, they deserve it way more than a member with 99 in that skill. (im going to get quoted on that for sure) like the thread said, some1 who gets 99 wc off nothing but willows spent alot more time playing then a member. being amember lets you lvl up a lot faster then being a freeworlder. i like the whole portal idea, but it could lead to some issues regarding members worlds.

well they could make it that there is only a portal and a wall so f2p cant run around a mem world if that is what u meant

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Why shouldn't they? Some of the work that they do on freeplay to level up those skills is exponentially harder than the work anyone on members would ever have to do.

If they did make it freeplay, you wouldn't hear me complain about it one bit.

I completely agree. There isn't one f2p skill that isn't easier to level up in members. And I seriously doubt that anyone is paying membership just for the capes, so I don't think it'd ruffle too many feathers. Also, instead of having the portals to the master, I think they should just move the masters to f2p areas, or just make the capes available from the tutors.

What Jagex should of done is make the Tutors the Masters, and not add the Stats it has. Along with that it shouldn't even cost 99k at all...

But seeing Jagex didn't do it like that, it doesn't seem to be possible to make it F2P the way it currently is.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think they should get the Capes, just not the trimmed version.

Is a bit to powerfull in f2p (the prayer bonus) IMO.

(That's my oppinion for being f2p for 2 years, and soon f2p again.)

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

yeah, its harder in f2p but the stupid $5 rule......

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

Very good question but hard to decide. You should also have to put into consideration the stat bonuses the skill cape offers. I'm not sure Jagex would want to offer F2ps potentially the best stat bonus capes in game :lol:

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Very good question but hard to decide. You should also have to put into consideration the stat bonuses the skill cape offers. I'm not sure Jagex would want to offer F2ps potentially the best stat bonus capes in game :lol:
Simple solution. Make bonuses 0 on free servers. Anybody with a skill cape is more interested in the emote and status it gives than any stats.

Give f2p players the capes with a (f) behind it.

No trimmed versions, and the capes give 3 defense bonus and no prayer bonus.

Sounds fair to me?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Sounds fair to me?

"F" For F2P? And is this in place of the regular picture on p2p skill capes?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Sounds fair to me?

"F" For F2P? And is this in place of the regular picture on p2p skill capes?

I assume it is F for F2P but I cannot be sure, and I am also assuming that what was meant is the name would have an F at the end. So Skill Cape (F).

No. True they got a 99 skill, but they are f2p. Members are PAYING for a reason. F2Pers arn't suppos to be getting all the benificts of members, even if it is only a small cape.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

don't be selfish so what you are paying 5 dollars a month?

a 99 in f2p is still a 99 its even a better 99 than p2p 99

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P

No. True they got a 99 skill, but they are f2p. Members are PAYING for a reason. F2Pers arn't suppos to be getting all the benificts of members, even if it is only a small cape.

man some of u mems dont get it do u?! honestly we rnt askin 4 everythin just a cape and i dont care for a trimmed one just a skill cape for gettin 99. we work harder for our 99s anyways!!!

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

the only flaw with this is that there is a large macro problem in f2p. a majority of those capes would go to robots that existed for less than a month.

LOl! macroers just play the game for the cash, think about it, what would they need skillcapes for?

i agree, we need skill capes!

There are people who actually pay $5 for a skillcape! They log into members, get the cape, and then cancel members.

sp yes, we should get skillcapes on f2p. Don't whine about you want content, pay for it. There are people who can't get membership due to other reasons you know, i have a major exam this year,(singapore, its psle, shush!) so no members. i do long to be a member though :( <3: