Tip.It Times Presents: Anything Goes

Kiara_Kat

Absolutely positively brilliant. I have a fair bit of experience pking in F2P at Edgeville and the 'code' that pures say one has to follow is laughable. Oh you don't like that I eat to the point where I have more than half hp? Ok, in that case I'll just 1 item with rune bax and pot...Just for kicks I made a level 8 with protect from melee. Three days of work at the boneyard and the shouts of 'noob' come from far and wide. No 'pure pker' can touch me so of course they just call me a noob. I have to say that the last line was definitely the best. 'Maybe, just maybe, you're just not good enough' Beautiful.

Cieco mondo...cieco mondo

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, i cheat all the time in the wild and I expect others to do so as well, i assume if ppl dont use protect prayers they r nooby and dont have high pray, if ppl dont pot i expect they cant afford it, and if ppl ask to attack me i attack them first :), sure i may be called a noob but i still owned them

I really enjoyed reading this article, it had a lot of good thought put into it, and I liked it.

I completely agree with anything goes in the wild, thats what makes PKing so interesting, the only honor in the wild is understanding that anything goes and accepting the outcome of the fight, if the person gets away they got away, they didnt dishonor their family by doing, and there is nothing you can do about it, accept the outcome and either do something about it, or shut up and don't complain about it when it happenes next time.

In the wild there is honor if you think there is, you cant tell somone else that they are dishonorable because they ran, because they follow a different "honor" code, they "honor" their items, where you may honor a fight to the death. If you want to make someone follow your honor code don't expect it to happen in the wild.

I really hope that someday people will realize everyone doesnt have to follow your beleifs, and that by calling someone a noob for not following your beleif is a pretty stupid thing to try to do. They may be a noob to the game for not realizing that a fight to the death means no tele, but if you think you can force them to follow your rules in the wild you are a noob at life.

Very nice atricle.

P.S......People who don't want to lose thei rune armour can wear proselyte. Their armor is mispelled

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

I completly agree with the author on this matter, I can do whatever the fu...freak... I want to when I go into the wildy(apart from scamming... :| ), and, frankly, the insults just make these "honour pkers" look that much stupider. Oh, of course, I'll just go grab my best items and all my money and eat some nightshade and then skull on you, then you can dds spec me to your heart's content. If you want specific rules, go stake, or find a trustworthy dming partner. If I don't want to take anything but three items, and not skull, that up to me, if i loot, too bad for you, I want the items, If I don't give you potting time, too bad, you should have been paying more attention, so that you would notice me potting. If you don't like me insulting your intelligence when you kill me when i have no items, and you consider that 'ownage', too bad, because you were only deluding yourself into thinking that you were a good pker. If you think you are t3h ub3r pkz0r because you killed me with the help of 7 of your friends, good for you, but I'd like to see you solo at the mb.

EDIT: Awesome article, I'm hoping you'll be writing another one sometime soon...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

This is what i'd say

If i get owned in the wilderness, I used no rules, neither did I do any of the "honour" code and i'm seriously against it

Infact, if anyone wants to own those nooblets with me, im fine doing it just get the fodder

doxy8.gif

Doxy8.gif

botslayerwt3.png[/img][/url]

I'm going to have to be the odd one out and say, that this article was completely wrong, and it seems like you have never pked before. Which isn't good considering you're bashing pkers throughout.

The "honor" term, is just another way of saying respect.

By not teleporting, or any other of those examples you said, you are basically saying that you respect your opponent enough to give them what they deserve. If you are both fighting, low on sharks, and they are about to kill you, by teleporting, your slapping the person in the face, and denying them of your loot because you are too pixel hungry to even get close to risking anything.

Of course there were a hundred other things wrong with the article, but it's finally a nice day outside for the first time in half a year (stupid Cold temperatures in canada <.< ), so I'm going outside.

Some of you like the duel arena, right? Do you like when people x log out of duels? great fun huh.

Thats what tellying is to pkers. The pker should be getting your stuff, but you get away. you might say "but its part of the game." well guess what, so is x logging. might not be legal, but you can still do it.

Very nice atricle.

P.S......People who don't want to lose thei rune armour can wear proselyte. Their armor is mispelled

Corrected, thanks.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

I'm going to have to be the odd one out and say, that this article was completely wrong, and it seems like you have never pked before. Which isn't good considering you're bashing pkers throughout.

By not teleporting, or any other of those examples you said, you are basically saying that you respect your opponent enough to give them what they deserve. If you are both fighting, low on sharks, and they are about to kill you, by teleporting, your slapping the person in the face, and denying them of your loot because you are too pixel hungry to even get close to risking anything.

Of course there were a hundred other things wrong with the article, but it's finally a nice day outside for the first time in half a year (stupid Cold temperatures in canada <.< ), so I'm going outside.

And you are one of those people mentioned in the article. Those who made up those "rules". Of course some people stay and die because they respect it - fair enough, but people shouldn't flame others for teleporting or running. Just their way to survive.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

the one it's dead is the other it's bread ...

it's not fun if someones with barrow armors teles away when he's almost dead. However it's no reason to call other people noob because they want to protect their items.

So in this discussion I would place myself right in the middle, I can understand pkers get frustrated when they almost kill someones and then he runs or tele. But I also understand that people want to protect their stuff.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

so you are saying there is/should be a rule against getting incensed or acting surprised? When you issue forth proclamations like "The PK world needs to realise that the wilderness isn't the Duel Arena with dragons. There are no rules.", you are indeed telling others how to play and what to do. Furthermore, if you take away that demand on pkers to change from your article, than your article is left as nothing more than "I don't like what pkers on world 18 say and do", which is just a somewhat pointless rant, albeit one i would personally agree with. However, the solution is just to ... not go into wildy on world 18 near edgeville, hardly an onerous proposition. So which horn of the dilemma do you choose? Are you hypocritically demanding pkers to change, or are you making a pointless rant that merely expresses a dislike?

Sorry, Flammacor, but I already explained that completely. Maybe you'd like to re-read the article, because I'm not sure you've understood it. Thanks!

I think the whole "dishonour" thing comes down to a PKer's unwillingness to accept defeat. They don't want to accept that they've been killed or outsmarted, so they have to belittle their "victim".

Just a little psychoanalysis there. =P

That might make for a good article of its own. You should submit one! :)

I agree, i cheat all the time in the wild

The thing is... assuming you meant "use underhand tactics", rather than "haxxor myself to 200 str", it's NOT cheating. It's completely allowed for by the game, and if people can't deal with that it's their problem.

their rune armour. Better? 8-)

I'm hoping you'll be writing another one sometime soon...

That's up to the Tip.It crew. :)

good article this week, in fact I think it should have been more aggressive

The original article I submitted was, in fact, a little more angry and aggressive, but Tip.It toned the language down a bit. Fair enough, we don't want to start a flame war here...

it seems like you have never pked before. Which isn't good considering you're bashing pkers throughout.

I've pked alone and with clans, on f2p and p2p, with one item or a bag full of pain. I've pked with mage, range and melee, in the shallowest wild and as deep as it gets, killed people twenty combat levels above me and died to people twenty levels below. I've experienced pretty much everything there is to experience in the wilderness, so please don't doubt my pker credentials. I enjoy PKing, and this article was directed entirely at people who are making it less enjoyable for me.

To me it's quite obvious that this has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with greed. The only reason the current honour system has lasted as long as it has is that the people who live and die with it north of Edgeville have found it profitable so far, and just can't deal with more realistic pking.

Would you say wearing a fighter torso rather than a rune plate is a slap in the face? Do you really think people out to be going out of their way to give money to people who kill them? Seems you're the "pixel hungry" one here...

Of course there were a hundred other things wrong with the article

Well, when you find the time to point them out, I'll happily knock those down for you. Hope the nice weather continues for you.

"Live as though you were to die tomorrow. Learn as though you were to live forever."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

And you are one of those people mentioned in the article. Those who made up those "rules". Of course some people stay and die because they respect it - fair enough, but people shouldn't flame others for teleporting or running. Just their way to survive.

I honestly have no problem when people teleport, when they aren't pking.

But whenever you teleport from a fight which you also participated/are skulled, then there's a problem there because you are showing major disrespect and are being a real pixelhugger.

"No honour" is not the antonym of "honour-" an antonym by definition is a single word. Honour's antonym is probably "shame" or "dishonor" (although dishonor has a different connotation).

I agree with the article's points completely, however.

I absolutely LOVE killing people who call me "Def noob" and "Safer", then turning around and PMing them, saying "Dead!!!!". It makes me feel so big 8-)

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Some of you like the duel arena, right? Do you like when people x log out of duels? great fun huh.

Thats what tellying is to pkers. The pker should be getting your stuff, but you get away. you might say "but its part of the game." well guess what, so is x logging. might not be legal, but you can still do it.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The two are completely different. If someone uses the "x-log" to get away from a duel, that's bug abuse, is against the rules and completely unforgivable. It's not "part of the game" at all. Teleporting, however, is completely allowed by the game, and if you can't deal with that it's your problem. The pker isn't entitled to your stuff unless he kills you fair and square. Actually read the article, please, especially the parts with reference to teleblocking.

I honestly have no problem when people teleport, when they aren't pking.

If you don't like people teleporting, then why don't you TB them? Jagex have given you the tools to stop people escaping. If you don't use them, what does that make you?

Alternatively, if you like fights with rewards more to your taste, go down to the duel arena and leave the wilderness to the actual PKers. What you describe isn't pking, it's just duelling for people who don't know where Al Kharid is.

"No honour" is not the antonym of "honour-" an antonym by definition is a single word. Honour's antonym is probably "shame" or "dishonor" (although dishonor has a different connotation).

You can pin that one on the Tip.It crewmember who edited my post, too. 8-)

"Live as though you were to die tomorrow. Learn as though you were to live forever."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

PS learnt my second useful lesson from the 'DID you know..' Section. The other useful one was last week

true that... lmao...

:XD:

that article is completely and entirely correct...

=D>

but yeah... who cares what you do in the wilderness... you go there... and do whatever you can to live as long as you can and keep your stuff... thats what happens... so yeah... cya for now... \'

welcometorshi8.png

I wholly agree with what you've said - I'm a low level main account and rely on prayer to give myself a chance in the wilderness (At my level I'm only 57 mage and I have to contend with 70 Rangers).

This Honour system is greed based, I definitley agree with you there - part of using the wilderness is realising you go in there to fight other players and that you might die - therefore you must accept that people are gonna try and prevent that completley. Running away and teleing isn't cowardice - its sensibility. Eating is prolonging life. Although Pkers get annoyed when one of their potential kills gets away (like it does for me often :( ) Its living with it and moving on.

Also I'd like to quote Davydude on 2 things:

But whenever you teleport from a fight which you also participated/are skulled, then there's a problem there because you are showing major disrespect and are being a real pixelhugger.

What exactly is the respect you refer to. The respect of just giving up and dying - so the other person can have the satisfaction of knowing that you stood by and let him kill you. I'm afraid that is not an Honourable death

The Wilderness is Anarchy - you are entitled to do what you want (save anything against jagex rules :P). Think of everyone as a backstabber and rogue . No one wants to stand by and die just because some "honour code" says they shoulf. Satisfaction should come from the fact that you fought and nearly won. Just remember, your opponent is another rogue who (with an honour code) wants solely to grab items. Why respect a rogue?

Sorry if that post made no sense or had a flaming edge to it but I feel strongly on this topic

KISS <> Keep It Simple, Stupid

luster_gaia.png

The thing is, this honor system is a good way to ensure that at least someone wins.

Those who say that the other person has no honor, unless they are shameless hypocrites (and they themselves have no honor) are being honorable, giving the other person a chance to kill them. That way, there's a winner and a loser, instead of a loser and a loser. That way, they actually stand a chance at getting something; and fighting with honor has it's place in the wilderness... after all, it's kind of hard to stake that with which you are also going to fight with in the dueling arena.

Think of it as a high stakes dueling arena.

---

The attitude that many in Runescape have is one of the worst you can find in a game: the selfish, me before you, attitude that drove me and probably many others away from the game.

I didn't pk. I was a skiller. But I did respect both that if you are going into the wilderness to fight, it's like going all in on a poker game: you don't do things in half measures, and taking something that isn't effective in many ways into the wilderness, such as proselyte armor, which is only good for prayer, and not worth much: that's like going half in when you should be going full in. The wilderness and pking should be like throwing caution to the winds, not being cautious and preceding carefully. Exceptions for those who aren't pking, of course.

I don't like how Sausageman10 glorifies the selfish, self serving manner in which many runescape players play the game without offering an alternative way at looking at the matter. His way, nobody wins. At least the honorable way, someone wins, even if it isn't you.

Now excuse me, I need to get back to my roleplaying mmorpg... after all, I have a city to bring to ruin, and typing this isn't going to get me any closer to that goal. If I die in the process... so be it. Good day.

ppl in f2p even hate rangers.. just because they dont bother to train it past lev 40.. so when my bro and i go f2p for fun we range. hes lev80range btw and can hit 14s or somethin with addy.. its soo much fun to kill ppl in rune...and then just leave it for lev 5 scavangers.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

No offense to anyone, but saying something like "if you don't like tellyers bring tbs and stop complaining", is pretty much stupid.

Thats like saying, "if someone is scamming you report them and stop complaining". Of course theres a difference, because scamming is against the rules, but both of those examples are showing disrespect.