Tip.It Times Presents: Anything Goes

Kiara_Kat

You get laughed at if you ask to fight someone that is stronger than you, seems they can only fight weaker foes.

I bet if they were losing there fight thy would find a way around there little rules, i've never followed them just like useing the word "choob" alot.(Combat noob)

mithmwccape,nashy19.gif

nashy19.gif

mypet.jpg Click the image to pat my pet!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw...the wild was much better before teleblock..

it did more harm than good...and if you don't know why then you arn't even a real pker

Because when they can tele block youy lose your fights. :P

Maybe we need to put an end to pures, or at least admit the facts. I find better all round players beat pures all the time simply because they don't work out side of the wildy or on anyone strong than them.

mithmwccape,nashy19.gif

nashy19.gif

mypet.jpg Click the image to pat my pet!

Best article in a while!

It about tells what goes on in wildy right now..

mains or pures, the dishonourthing is bull*bleep*

Isnt there a rule bout wildy, stating that there are no rules?

I feel sorry for those who don't have better things to do then start flaming anyone who uses pots or e.g. proselyte...

Hate those smallminded pkers

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

ovation for teh writer

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Teleporting from fights is just lame... i waste 3 prayer pots, 20 sharks on a person, and they don't have the decency to atleast run.

That's what teleblock is for. After all, you still have the xp, or double since you are in the wilderness.

To "quote " the article: I guess you weren't good enough...

There's nothing honourable in death.

takes 25 magic to teleport away but 85 magic to teleblock them? not to mention it takes 2 runes to teleport away but 3 runes to teleblock them? actually...only 1 space to tele away (teletablets)

and you also need magic gear to make a successful teleblock, while teleing away will never fail.

if that is your problem maybe pking isn't for you.....

been playing since runescape classic hun...pking is all that runescape is...

you don't see a problem there? teleporting away should require magic gear to do so...or fail...just like any other spell

i also find it funny how many people agree with this article...when the same people are the ones complaining about me attacking them without letting them pot <3:

i was just going over this from when i last posted and wtf are you on!? pking is far from being all runescape is i personally believe its quests and i know many players believe other things such as skilling and socializing etc and i have no problem with that but pking??!! you have to be kidding?!

To me it seems like the author forgot something while writing this article. Namely; the definition of pking. There are three of them IMO of which one is correct: "I kill other players", "No matter what, I'm not gonna lose something" and "players are being killed, which could include myself". As most of you can probably see, the last one is the best for a healthy pking system such as in RuneScape. The first one is about pjing and the like, which is indeed totally lame in my opinion.

However; the second one is something most "dishounorable" players have. Speaking in terms of teleing and one iteming. Some of you may ask what's wrong with that. That's pretty easy to answer, if you analyze the reason runescape is such a huge success. One of the reasons is you gain your opponents armour and weapons he fought with if you kill him. So this is one of the few games, pking is about fun and personal gain. If you remove the gain factor pking will be for fun only. Do you know any pker who would keep risking his armour and wasting (relatively) much money on potions and food? No, me neither.

Another point is one of the first points of nurture; "Act to other people, like you like other people act to you" (if you can say that in english). Would you one item if you knew everybody else would do that too? I think not.

But; I still think some of the rules are lame indeed. I don't care about a) farcasting, just bring a bow if you can't stand it B) running, you still have around 3-4 hits to try to kill the retreater.

The author also mentioned the torso, fire cape, etc. Which aren't tradeble, so they don't give the winner anything. Personally I don't like them too. I suggest they should be made tradeble, but only wearable if you gained it at least once yourself. (Yes, a bit like the dragon weapons, but without a shop.) This will keep people interested in those mini games and keeps pking profitable.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Pathetic topic, pathetic explanation most likey by a pathetic pker. "Perhaps you just aren't good enough" NO perhaps its you who is not good enough due to you running/teleing etc. If you don't like the situations of pking then just don't do it, or at least don't complain about it and then for you to run away. What the hell would be the point of pking if everyone just ran away or teled? HMMMM? If you don't want to lose your stuff when u die then go play Castlewars and don't enter the wild.

Pathetic topic, pathetic explanation most likey by a pathetic pker. "Perhaps you just aren't good enough" NO perhaps its you who is not good enough due to you running/teleing etc. If you don't like the situations of pking then just don't do it, or at least don't complain about it and then for you to run away. What the hell would be the point of pking if everyone just ran away or teled? HMMMM? If you don't want to lose your stuff when u die then go play Castlewars and don't enter the wild.

Please don't post in such a huge letter type.

And besides, you should give some arguments why it ins't good, otherwise you're not gonna convince anyone. Flaming doesn't work very well either -.- .

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

If you don't want someone to tele, teleblock him or go to lvl 20 wildy and higher.

If you don't want someone to run, entangle/ice barrage him...

It's really as simple as that, when I fight under lvl 20 wildy, I always take teleport runes with me because I know others will teleport as well. Sometimes I like going higher then 20 but I won't find anyone in the non-multicombat parts of the wilderniss, that probably means that nobody dares to go there, or I'm at the wrong world.

good article

its true in wildy anything goes thats what its made for

and if you die then some just outsmarted you and its no reason to call someone ''safernoob'', ''prayernoob'' or "teletuby"

proud owner of a Quest Cape

^achieved on 18/02/07^

rick1250.png

All Jagex does is protect the weak and the stupid, if you can't read that huge, sreen-filling sign that says "You are entering the wilderness" what reason have you to play runescape, what reason have you to exist, what reason do you have to come withing 1 foot of a computer? There is honor in winning any way you can and also honor in knowing when you can't.Everyone needs to die at least once so they know how it feels.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

It's a game! What honor do you have from a game? You never see 99% of the people that play runescape in real life anyways. So why does it matter if you are honorable or not?

Great article, I agree with all :D "Honour PKers" are just bad loosers.

And I hope that Jagex comes out with some major update which will make more non pures PK in the Wilderness.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

fantastic article, kudos to the author =D>

it doesnt matter about respect and honour in the wilderness because..... its the wilderness!!! there are no rules! if you dont want someone to tele away you can always just go further in... unless you are too scared?

im not a pker at the moment so naturally if i have to go in the wilderness im going to use everything i can to keep myself alive... im not going in there to kill others, just for green dhides. why shouldnt i protect myself in everyway possible? there is noway im just going to sit there and wait to die when you are attacking me.

you think im disrespecting you by trying to survive? you are wrong.... i simply dont respect you when i DO survive, because you werent good enough to kill me.

sometimes there are days when i really want to hit you..... this is one of those days

when i went pking once i was a: defence noob, safer noob, prayer noob and tele noob within like 10-20 minutes. everytime i get called stuff like that i'm like... if you don't like it train the same as me... then you would like it as well, and you wouldn't like to lose your stuff...

i'm a safer noob just so i am certain i have a smaller chance of dying in a couple of hits. i'm a prayer noob because i don't wanna lose my stuff. i'm a defence noob because i train my attack, strength and defence evenly. and i'm a tele noob also because i don't wanna lose my stuff. so, if all of that makes me a noob, I'M PROUD OF BEING ONE

pimmel15.pngrunescapetr6.th.png

Finally... I was beginning to think I'm the only pragmatist in the whole of runescape! The wild was built for ingenuity, the deul arena was built for people who want to blatantly exploit their advantages without dealing with their weakness. I'll admit that I try to play by other people's rules... I lost a black mystic bottom to a lvl 94 mage pure AFTER I had checked hist stats. Wasn't sellin anyways :P. I also allowed myself to die to someone in the wild who, as far as I could tell, was practicing honor. We were in 18 wild, f2p, I had full rune, he was in a team. When he ate and a teammate attacked me, he immediately yelled off. I knew I was going to die and told him all I wanted to keep was my rune kite (as I didn't ahve a spare) so I flashed on protect. I died, left my tele runes on the ground, and wound up with rune legs in my inventory. He never gave me back my kite... :(. Never turned on private chat for taht matter :XD: Later I pked with a friend who had recently become p2p. He was lvl 102 and got owned quicker than a level 3 doing dt because he didn't safe or pray... It was sad to watch. As soon as he died, a lvl 110 with a whip skulled on me. I farcasted and made him tele (because my friend tbed the wrong guy :wall: ). But my friend continued to practice honor... Bottom line : End of the month I was 8 mil richer and he had lost almost everything. The 5 mil he came with and the mil I lent him.

As for those who argued that I was cheap with farcasting... He was in melee armor. This grants huge bonuses to range and melee def. I was in mystic, granting no def to physical. Had I taken on a higher level like him face to face, I would have died easily. Mages always would. Super sets+dds specs+higher attack speed will always beat a mage dumb enough to sit there. You can't make up rules just to mask the fact that you made a poor and unversatile armor choice. If any of you know about the Middle Ages, you know the knights had a code of chivalry. Then came the crossbow... And the Pope outlawed it because it was too powerful and could easily slaughter a knight. Whoever disobeyed the Pope won. Now tell me.... When's the last time you saw a knight? After you answer that we come to the real question...

What killed them? Honor and stupidity or the crossbow?

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

To me it seems like the author forgot something while writing this article. Namely; the definition of pking. There are three of them IMO of which one is correct: "I kill other players", "No matter what, I'm not gonna lose something" and "players are being killed, which could include myself". As most of you can probably see, the last one is the best for a healthy pking system such as in RuneScape. The first one is about pjing and the like, which is indeed totally lame in my opinion.

However; the second one is something most "dishounorable" players have. Speaking in terms of teleing and one iteming. Some of you may ask what's wrong with that. That's pretty easy to answer, if you analyze the reason runescape is such a huge success. One of the reasons is you gain your opponents armour and weapons he fought with if you kill him. So this is one of the few games, pking is about fun and personal gain. If you remove the gain factor pking will be for fun only. Do you know any pker who would keep risking his armour and wasting (relatively) much money on potions and food? No, me neither.

Another point is one of the first points of nurture; "Act to other people, like you like other people act to you" (if you can say that in english). Would you one item if you knew everybody else would do that too? I think not.

But; I still think some of the rules are lame indeed. I don't care about a) farcasting, just bring a bow if you can't stand it B) running, you still have around 3-4 hits to try to kill the retreater.

The author also mentioned the torso, fire cape, etc. Which aren't tradeble, so they don't give the winner anything. Personally I don't like them too. I suggest they should be made tradeble, but only wearable if you gained it at least once yourself. (Yes, a bit like the dragon weapons, but without a shop.) This will keep people interested in those mini games and keeps pking profitable.

Just looked in here and saw about the personal gain thing... Think about it from the loser's perspective. How much are they gaining? The wild was made dangerous and you should go out there expecting to find someone who will tb, ancient, poison, spec, pot, d stone bolt, or pray you. Go out there if you want a good fight and the chance to make money. CHANCE! In the deul arena it may be honor and the "best" man... But in the wild, "May the smartest man win."

mr_moron72.png

For everyone who's claiming "I'm a pragmatist" or "I would like to keep my stuff, there are no rules":

You're PKing in a nice outfit worth about 250k. You're pking in edgeville cause you have no friends on, and it seems that there's a million clans roaming around, from tiny groups of level 80s-90s or huge bands of 120s at mage bank.

So you just paid 650k for 1k sharks (which is about 50 trips), 100k for super sets, about 750k for the prayer pots (most pkers use about 2 a trip).

That's 1.5M spent on 50 fights.

Scenario one. No one follows these unwritten laws... no one dies. But you get lucky once and your opponent slips up, you get one kill. Congratulations you made back almost a fifth of what you spent for those fights. Yes, there's a chance of you getting something really good, but truth is: if everyone does this, the chance of you getting a whip or barrows is the same as you dying. Which is the chance that you'll mess up and do something stupid.

Now, here's scenario two. All the people who would rather use every tactic possible to keep their items are off deeper in the wilderness and fighting each other. You follow the unwritten code, and so do all your opponents. Foolish maybe, but since you have good timing with your specials, within the fifty fights, 20 of them end up in deaths. So, depending on luck and skill, you could've profited a decent amount OR lost a hefty portion of your wallet. Risky, yes, but isn't that what the wilderness is for?

I don't know how many people still know this but pures aren't mean to be "own the entire wilderness". They weren't built for that. The first few pures emerged because people wanted to increase the risk in the fight, for both themselves and their opponents. You're facing an opponent who can easily do 5-10 more damage than you can in a special attack, but he's got almost no defence.

PKers want kills. A lot of times it isn't even about the money. Winning in fights against other people, and killing them, and seeing a nice pile of stuff on the ground as a reward... it's part of their fun in PKing.

Yes, some people take this code too far and start flaming, but people flame for everything. I'm just pointing out this code DOES have a purpose.

By the way, this is coming from a non-pker, so if any PKer does want to correct me, go ahead.

The definition of "Honor", and how PKers have twisted it to fit their needs...

It is not dishonorable to run from a fight that you can't win. Remember, discretion is the better part of valor. Dishonorable is attacking someone who's back is turned, which, to be honest, you can't turn your back in the wilderness unless you go AFK, since you can see the other people around you on screen or on the minimap. And since noone else can see if you go AFK, this makes you a target. Remember: EVERYONE is a potential enemy.

Do you know what else, though? Dishonorable is attacking people who are attempting to complete a quest (Family crest, that other one that you have to do in Morytania....) who are in no way prepared for PKers, and would drop nothing of use to PKers. Dishonorable is attacking people trying to earn the already-hard living of chaos runes. Dishonorable is attacking the runecrafters running through the abyss. Dishonorable is attacking people at green dragons who will probably drop nothing but food and dragonhide, which they have to kill for a while to get. Dishonorable is attacking people who are trying to charge their god staves at the mage bank. Dishonorable is attacking someone who is so close to completing a level 3 clue and has to dig in the wilderness. In short, dishonorable is attacking one who isn't a PKer and has no intentions of attacking you or anyone else while in the wilderness. I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm not saying you should stop doing it. I'm merely saying that it is dishonorable. That doesn't excuse them from being unprepared, but, in turn, them being unprepared isn't an excuse to kill them. It's sick and wrong, but it's a sick world.

The definition of "Honor", and how PKers have twisted it to fit their needs...

It is not dishonorable to run from a fight that you can't win. Remember, discretion is the better part of valor. Dishonorable is attacking someone who's back is turned, which, to be honest, you can't turn your back in the wilderness unless you go AFK, since you can see the other people around you on screen or on the minimap. And since noone else can see if you go AFK, this makes you a target. Remember: EVERYONE is a potential enemy.

Do you know what else, though? Dishonorable is attacking people who are attempting to complete a quest (Family crest, that other one that you have to do in Morytania....) who are in no way prepared for PKers, and would drop nothing of use to PKers. Dishonorable is attacking people trying to earn the already-hard living of chaos runes. Dishonorable is attacking the runecrafters running through the abyss. Dishonorable is attacking people at green dragons who will probably drop nothing but food and dragonhide, which they have to kill for a while to get. Dishonorable is attacking people who are trying to charge their god staves at the mage bank. Dishonorable is attacking someone who is so close to completing a level 3 clue and has to dig in the wilderness. In short, dishonorable is attacking one who isn't a PKer and has no intentions of attacking you or anyone else while in the wilderness. I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm not saying you should stop doing it. I'm merely saying that it is dishonorable. That doesn't excuse them from being unprepared, but, in turn, them being unprepared isn't an excuse to kill them. It's sick and wrong, but it's a sick world.

totally agreed, i've done most of the things mentioned (not killing the people, i did the clues and charged my mage arena spell and stuff) and while i did go prepared, it was annoying to have to watch my back to pkers while just trying to get into the mage arena, or finish family crest...some of those things should be moved outside the wildy, as it is cheap to kill someone doing that anyway.

~Drop the Dagger and Laugh at the Blood on Your Hands~

Well the mage arena grants spells that have their main use in pking, so why not have it in the wild? There should be a lot of risks with these things, and the wild should be dangerous. But noone should expect "honor" to lessen the danger for them.

mr_moron72.png

Just looked in here and saw about the personal gain thing... Think about it from the loser's perspective. How much are they gaining? The wild was made dangerous and you should go out there expecting to find someone who will tb, ancient, poison, spec, pot, d stone bolt, or pray you. Go out there if you want a good fight and the chance to make money. CHANCE! In the deul arena it may be honor and the "best" man... But in the wild, "May the smartest man win."

Yea, but if no one dies everybody loses, in both profit and satisfaction.

And I totally agree with the points you mention, if you have a higher change of winning you should use it all. But if you only go out there with only one mission, to not die, then I think you're doing something wrong.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

=D> Awesome!

Like a pure account attacks me, and s/he has prayer lvl 1,

if I use prayer, I'm dishonourable. Why wouldn't I use the advantages I have earned if I can? My combat comes from the prayer too, and if I don't have as high str as s/he does, he could probably own me.

Prayer is a part of combat! They can get it up too, but they won't. Why?

They want to make players obey their rules and kill them then!

Once I was runecrafting. A pker attacked me with a dds and full rune.

Well, after rcing, I go to him with my mystics and a god staff etc.

I entangle, teleblock, charge and sara strike him... He takes out green dragonhides (lol.) and starts mage praying... It's not that hard to hit him, but he runs out of wild and says I can't pk, farcasting is noobish...

Good fight? :D

I've just noticed something. All the arguments used by people in this thread who support the article, are the same arguments used by clans like "reign of terror", and "ni" who run around the wilderness crashing clan wars, and generally harasing people even outside the wild.

go figure.