Tip.It Times Presents: Anything Goes

Kiara_Kat

you have just basicly said that that you concider yourself anf some others "smart people" when realy your just trying to act smart on a fansite of a game catering towards a younger audience i wish you would stop aruing about how it condrticts it self this topic orgianly startesd well debeating the essence of what the author wrote not how he wrote it i personaly wish every would get back to that

PS: i am in now way denying you are smart im just stating that by say "the smart people" (and obviously including your self in that large number) it makes you see very full of your self

I cannot read your argument.

oh im sory about my 4-5 typos i will edit them aspa but what you said was uncessery and anoys me more than the person that i was posting about do you get a kick out of insulting someone with a mild form of Dyslexia which has more to do with my hand eye cordintion than my maths reading etc it dose on the other hand effect how i spell

*edit* my e button on my keyboard is also damged so somtimes dosnt work

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have just basicly said that that you concider yourself anf some others "smart people" when realy your just trying to act smart on a fansite of a game catering towards a younger audience i wish you would stop aruing about how it condrticts it self this topic orgianly startesd well debeating the essence of what the author wrote not how he wrote it i personaly wish every would get back to that

PS: i am in now way denying you are smart im just stating that by say "the smart people" (and obviously including your self in that large number) it makes you see very full of your self

I cannot read your argument.

oh im sory about my 4-5 typos i will edit them aspa but what you said was uncessery and anoys me more than the person that i was posting about do you get a kick out of insulting someone with a mild form of Dyslexia which has more to do with my hand eye cordintion than my maths reading etc it dose on the other hand effect how i spell

*edit* my e button on my keyboard is also damged so somtimes dosnt work

I apologize if you took that the wrong way, although I seriously had to make an effort to understand what you were trying to tell us.

Yes, it's not. And it's not what I said, either, unless you misinterpreted the slightly vague (but not ungrammatical) use of the pronoun "our" as me speaking from Tip it's point of view, which I hardly was doing. Our was from the point of view of the more informed of us, which might be slightly vague use, but not particularly bad use. Either way, us and our was changed to them and their.

No, I wasn't talking about those pronouns at all. I was referring to:

1. you have "doesn't want to make the more informed of us", where you obviously should have "doesn't make the more informed of us want to". This has the effect of switching the thing that is wanting from 'us' to 'a way', which is insane as it personifies a behavior.

2. you have "ourselves at his representation" when you probably mean "ourselves, over his representation". This wouldn't be so bad, but due to the fact that the people who you are ascribing shame to aren't the ones responsible for the actions causing the shame, the preposition becomes very unclear and syntactical aid is needed.

Yes, i hate it when I am called a noob for teleporting in the wildy while fighting green drags. Why am I a noob for not wanting to lose my hard earned whip?? (I am not that rich so whips are quite expensive for me #-o)

Great article by the way \'

Look guys, this isn't that complicated.

If you agree with this article, read the following:

First of all, you shouldn't care what others think about you. It is a game, and you will never see them again.

Second, if they call you a noob or dishonorable or whatever, then don't take offense to that, (it's just a game, remember?) OR turn your chat off.

If you disagree with the article...

Stop complaining about people using prayers and cheap items and whatnot. If you can't deal with that then don't play runescape, or accept that others feel they have worked hard for their items and do not wish to risk them. It is that simple.

Stop complaining about people using prayers and cheap items and whatnot. If you can't deal with that then don't play runescape, or accept that others feel they have worked hard for their items and do not wish to risk them. It is that simple.

I can deal with that because I pwn those people easy, but it is a waste of my time when they decide that they want to fight me. That's annoying and I want them to stop, but I have no means of doing it other than finishing the battle, which profits me nothing. These people who I would normally destroy will yell "haha noob" if I decide to abandon the pointless fight instead.

The problem isn't with RuneScape (which is why I still play it), it's with the people who play it. They can be so very STUPID and OBNOXIOUS sometimes.

And then there's the problem of f2p players who have no respect for dueling...

*rereads the initial statement over again, face plants on the desk*

*swears that he's going to have a word with the girl who tackled him earlier today, slamming into his head with hers, about damages in case he has a concussion*

Yes, it's not. And it's not what I said, either, unless you misinterpreted the slightly vague (but not ungrammatical) use of the pronoun "our" as me speaking from Tip it's point of view, which I hardly was doing. Our was from the point of view of the more informed of us, which might be slightly vague use, but not particularly bad use. Either way, us and our was changed to them and their.

No, I wasn't talking about those pronouns at all. I was referring to:

1. you have "doesn't want to make the more informed of us", where you obviously should have "doesn't make the more informed of us want to". This has the effect of switching the thing that is wanting from 'us' to 'a way', which is insane as it personifies a behavior.

2. you have "ourselves at his representation" when you probably mean "ourselves, over his representation". This wouldn't be so bad, but due to the fact that the people who you are ascribing shame to aren't the ones responsible for the actions causing the shame, the preposition becomes very unclear and syntactical aid is needed.

make sure the author can represent himself in a way that doesn't want to make the more informed of us

True. Hmm... should have caught that one :wall: :wall: :wall: Blast being sleepy and not having coffee this morning. And blast still thinking half in Spanish and half in English.

"ourselves in shame at his representation of humanity to us."

Is pretty clear though, although a few changes would make it less vague, which it could be if you want to be a grammar monster. Better edited then not, however. The his refers to the representation of humanity, the us refers to the same thing as ourselves, the same is cause by the thing belonging to him. The ourselves in shame clearly ascribes the shame to ourselves, and the use of "at" ascribes the shameful action as the representation of humanity, which belongs to him. The added comma would do little other then make it slightly more readable and make it slightly less smooth; the use of over, however, instead of "at" would add to the clearness, and the removal of "to them" at the end due to it's vague pointing (to them, the more informed readers, or to them, humanity) in the edited version should make it read more smoothly.

Also, there was a vagueness issue in the use of our and us: in "the more informed of us", "us" refers to nothing more then a vague group that I am part of, when it should refer much less vaguely to the more informed readers, whom I count myself among. Problems abounded in that sentence, it would seem.

The opposite of the opposite of the opposite, however... if you want things of yours to make sense, that is pretty vague in it's own right :P

Either way, corrected.

*Wonders when LBO will get back and continue to defend his point of view*

-------

If they aren't willing to risk aforementioned items that they worked hard for, they shouldn't be pking. If they can't accept that they might die and lose things, and that there's a pretty high chance of it, then they shouldn't pk. It's that simple.

Well, actually it isn't just that simple, but no point in over complicating things, eh? You seemed eager to over simplify things, after all.

Look guys, this isn't that complicated.

If you agree with this article, read the following:

First of all, you shouldn't care what others think about you. It is a game, and you will never see them again.

Second, if they call you a noob or dishonorable or whatever, then don't take offense to that, (it's just a game, remember?) OR turn your chat off.

I prefer to attempt to change their mindset, but what can I say? I love debating/public speaking. There's nothing wrong with trying to change a person's mindset. And btw, I can't stand the scrubs who complain about 'teletubbies' etc.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

i agree with the author i hate those idiots that call you a n00b for using a skill to your advantage. if the skill keeps you alive, of course you are going to level it.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

i h8 the pking "rules" at edgeville. i used entangle and sara strike (charged) to kill some1, and i get piled coz it wasnt honourable, supposedly. i lost sara staff and 50 sara strikes. ohwell

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

All Jagex does is protect the weak and the stupid, if you can't read that huge, sreen-filling sign that says "You are entering the wilderness" what reason have you to play runescape, what reason have you to exist, what reason do you have to come withing 1 foot of a computer? There is honor in winning any way you can and also honor in knowing when you can't.Everyone needs to die at least once so they know how it feels.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

A rubbish rant which one may easily side with, as i certainly would, but as we've gone over with...Darn! I can't find the article. However, having unprovocative rants with little anaylsis as opposed to summary is simply NOT the quality editorial one comes to Expect from tip.it articles which i so normally respect.

I would normally agree with the author that the whole Pk "lingo" and some of the rules are rubbish. Maybe even a majority of pk'ers are such. But the summary and mere ranting of such conditions is rubbish! I was some analysis, some solution, or a better subject!

....I demand a lot. But, I'm certain there were better articles! Maybe quest articles from another site if you're so desperate as to host a rant.

That's Why I don't pk :boohoo: . It's not enjoyable anymore :notalk: . I find mining more fun :roll: , also too many pures <.< . Im sorry, ill hate it forever :(

firesigrk8.jpg

Retired as of August 23rd with 91 Firemaking and 6m xp in it.

i'll try to put this in a nice way so it doesnt sound to mean. i can tell this story was well written buy IT WAS WRITTEN FROM A *BEGGINER* PKER PERSPECTIVE i say that because you used world 18 in one of your examples. ok u can get 85 mage? ok i got it i go to wild i teleblock someone, about to pot up to kill...but noooo some guy pjs me and dds me to death, great just lost like mystic. if you pk a lot the most annoying thing is when people pray. you cant do ANYTHING about it, as for teleing you can tb. when you pk in edge most people do it for money. lets say u had around 200k to be won from the victor if you died. you tele, he gets mad because a sup set will cost 10k+sharks 20k+maybe 3 p pots+21k. so lets say everyone you fought teled...in each fight you would lose 50k, how mad will you be at the teletubs (noobs who tele :shame: ) :P .

OK, lets talk about people wearing newb items. you just spent 50k on supplies you get into a fight your oppenet wearing full infinite and a dds

ok so your owning him, you almost kill him...guess what he teles.

wow that was great if u killed him you would get bad stuff if u didnt you would waste supplies, great eh #-o

anyways ONE itemers...most annoying people who are pixel huggers and cant afford to lose couple k :lol: , lets say your at green drags lvl 20 wild. your in mystlc, rune, and whip...like 400k if u die and protect whip. a noob with dds comes and specs u...u kill him. he uses carrlagner tele and tele back and keeps attacking you...wasting your supplies isnt that annoying.

anyways who ever wrote this story thing i just want you and everyone to know, there are plenty of reasons why people should lean towards some curisey of the "rules of wild"

thanks.

i dont bring tele to edge (ring of life :P )

i dont pray on 1v1, because its just sad...:? plus look at my att and str :thumbsup: lol.

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! And remember - this is a guest article, so please be considerate of the author's feelings when you post. Inconsiderate comments and heavy flaming will not be tolerated. :D

Anything Goes

by Sausageman10

Honour, and its antonym "No Honour", are expressions you see bandied about a lot wherever PKers talk about their exploits or post screenshots of their kills. But that's not all: the Rants Forum is swarming with PKers complaining about how their prey got away or how Jagex is "helping the noobs": phrases like "safer noob", "prayer noob" and "tele noob"...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

Thank you, that about sums up everything I think about idiot noob PKers and their stupid "rules".

Definetely an excellent article.

-Wolfy

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

that article just explained the entire workings that is PKing! i my self dont PK, but i do go to worlds and watch a good pking match. by good, i dont mean "honorable" i mean seeing someone die at the hands of someone bigger, better, and more skilled then them!!:twisted:

every paragraph explained the different aspecks of PKing but ofcorse the last one explained it the most:

"If you don't want people to teleport, get 85 mage and teleblock them, or stop messing around in low level wild entirely. If you don't want people to pray, Smite them. If you don't want them to run, entangle them. If you don't like them using cheap armour, go down to the Duel Arena and fight with fixed stakes. If you don't want one-itemers to attack you, change worlds."

=D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup:

^^direct qoute from the article^^...^^not imcluding the Emoticons :P ^^

ofcorse i could go through and quote every paragraph saying how it ties in with the entire workings that is Pking, but im to lazy to :P

just let me say this: that is one of the best articles that i have ever read! my complaments to Sausageman10!

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

Finally Someone Is Expressing My Thoughts On The Whole PKing Community. I Can't Count The Times Whe I Was In The Wilderness Doing A Clue/Runecrafting/Killing Green Dragons And Was Called A Noob Because I Ran/Tellied/Eat/Prayed When A PKer Attacked Me. These "Honor" PKers Need To "Grow Up" And Realise That The Wilderness Isn't Like The Duel Aren At All. If They Need To Stay Below Level 20 Wilderness Because They Don't Want To Be Attacked By A Player That Is Too Strong For Them Then They Should Just Go To The Duel Arena. I Go Into The Wilderness Realizing That I Can Be Attacket At Any Moment By A Player Who Is Going To TellyBlock/Entangle/Anchient Me And Basically Do Whatever They Can To Kill Me. But The Thing Is Is That They Need To Realize That The Person That They Are Attacking Is Going To Do Anything They Can Do (Telly/Run/Eat/Pray) To Stay Alive. Oho, And To All The Posts I Read About How People Don't Take Valuable Things Into The Wilderness, Its Because They Either Don't Want To Be In The Wilderness And Have To To Do A Clue Or Use The Abyss, Or Because They Don't Want To Loose There Valuable Items To A Team Of Players That Just Happened To Be At The Same Place They Were At The Time.

Personally, I Think That If You Can Kill Other Players Wearing Prostyalite Armor The Go For It. Everyone Needs To Stop Wining And Moaning That They Never Get A "Good" PK. If You Want To Make Alot Of Money By Killing Other Players, Use The Duel Arena. Its Loads More Fun Than The Wilderness And There Is No Risk Of Loosing Items That You Didn't Want To Loose.

Yes, I Know I'm A Bad Speller. Please Don't Flame Me About It.

Proud Owner Of The Quest Point Cape Since 07-18-07!!!!!

gojeta_5.png

This is a concise and true topic , whether they admit it or not. :wall:

I only go to wildy if I really have to and do not pk, but even if I get killed on the rare trip .....hey that's why it's here and just laugh about it! I lost a d.skimmy once thru my own stupidity (forgot u had to wait 30 min to keep 1 item) but didn't get mad or blame pkers ...I knew risks going there :-$ .

This honor/dishonor issue is soooo silly to me ! how can someone that pk's people that r mining,crafting etc... not there to fight talk about honor if their "prey" runs or tele's? Especially when most go in packs with high lvls? :-k I personally have not run into any pkers that there was not at least a 5 to 1 or more group and hanging around mage arena waiting for the lone mage wanting to get god spells :boohoo: where is the honor in that? I'm sure there are the lone pker that has honor in the wildy.... I just haven't met one yet, but I don't go there often. :ohnoes:

Now if two people or groups go to wildy just to kill or be killed I could see an honor/dishonor type whining.........but that doesn't happen does it? :thumbsup:

Kudo's to sausageman for being quite honest and thought provoking post!