Tip.It Times Presents: Anything Goes

Kiara_Kat

No offense to anyone, but saying something like "if you don't like tellyers bring tbs and stop complaining", is pretty much stupid.

Thats like saying, "if someone is scamming you report them and stop complaining". Of course theres a difference, because scamming is against the rules, but both of those examples are showing disrespect.

You keep on going on about respect although there are a few things I would like to point out:

1) You say "if someone is scamming you report them and stop complaining" - Well you should, It was wrong for them to do it - but its also partially your fault for falling for the scam (I'm heavily against scamming but most are transparant)

2) You keep on going on about disrespect. I hate to tell you this but there is no such things as RESPECT!!! Players should be courteious and polite granted but you don't have to respect them. You should bring the teleblocks - because you are then saying "I'm prepared for this fight - I have worked hard" (to get 85 mage). Your attitude is very lazy when you cannot even be bothered to get the ability to prevent your opponent from escaping

KISS <> Keep It Simple, Stupid

luster_gaia.png

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Flammacor, but I already explained that completely. Maybe you'd like to re-read the article, because I'm not sure you've understood it. Thanks!

lol, time honored comeback when someone's lost the argument, "go reread what I already wrote" Sorry, I got it the first time, and it's wrong. "explained that completely", what does that have to do with it? Your problem isn't incomplete explanation, it's just plain ol' being wrong.

I'll put this very simply, because I'm not sure you've understood it. At one point, you said pkers need to change, because the wilderness has no rules. This is clearly hypocritical and self-contradictory. At another point, you said you merely dislike what pkers do on world 18. If so, your article is worded too strongly, which is just as well as absent that argument for the pkers to change it would be a pointless rant--since if its merely dislike of an easy to avoid microcosm...just avoid it--and mere dislike has no chance of persuading anyone to change their behavior. In one respect it doesn't matter which of those you pick as your real position, because they are both bad positions, but they contradict each other and it is very hard to argue against you if you constantly switch back and forth between two contradictory positions. I hope you can see by now that your reply that you'd already explained it completely is totally irrelevant, you can explain it 25 times if you like, but wrong is still wrong.

And you are one of those people mentioned in the article. Those who made up those "rules". Of course some people stay and die because they respect it - fair enough, but people shouldn't flame others for teleporting or running. Just their way to survive.

I honestly have no problem when people teleport, when they aren't pking.

But whenever you teleport from a fight which you also participated/are skulled, then there's a problem there because you are showing major disrespect and are being a real pixelhugger.

But, they worked hard for those pixels. And it's the same as in real life - if you could get away from a robbery you would go, wouldn't you?

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

And you are one of those people mentioned in the article. Those who made up those "rules". Of course some people stay and die because they respect it - fair enough, but people shouldn't flame others for teleporting or running. Just their way to survive.

I honestly have no problem when people teleport, when they aren't pking.

But whenever you teleport from a fight which you also participated/are skulled, then there's a problem there because you are showing major disrespect and are being a real pixelhugger.

But, they worked hard for those pixels. And it's the same as in real life - if you could get away from a robbery you would go, wouldn't you?

Ahh, but if you were in real life, would you walk into the most dangerous part of the town without expecting a chance at being robbed?

In other words: If they wanted to keep the pixels, they should avoid the wilderness, as I did when I played. Not go in and mess it up for those who are willing to risk the pixels.

I only go pking in f2p because I'm scared of p2p wildy lol but on the rare occaisons I get called a def noob. But this isn't true. I'm a lvl 102 with 80 def 80 attack and 86 strength. If they do the maths they can work out this is a pretty average defence lvl and its just because they have such ridiculously high str and low attack that they cant hit through it. So now I'm a noob for training my stats up? Yeah, try and work it out...

Sig.jpg

I don't like how Sausageman10 glorifies the selfish, self serving manner in which many runescape players play the game without offering an alternative way at looking at the matter. His way, nobody wins. At least the honorable way, someone wins, even if it isn't you.

You can posture about selfishness all you like, and if people were more generous and friendly Scape would indeed be a nicer game. However, anyone who takes that attitude with them to the wilderness is deluded. The entire point of the place is to kill people and take their stuff.

Longorefisher already answered Davydude, so I'll move right along...

i think 1 itemers are useless and its a bad way to kill someone. you have to risk more if you want to gain more.

What wilderness have you been playing in? You don't need to risk more if you have to gain more. A smart player can get a kill risking nothing more than a DDS. You're welcome to take whatever items you like, but everyone else is equally entitled to take nothing but, say, an anchor, and smash your face in with it. You're more likely to win if you have better equipment, but they don't have to risk anything to take it from you.

Flammacor, could you please stop using long words you don't understand... it doesn't make you sound smart, it makes you sound like a poser. And yes, I despise the stupidity of w18 pking, but I don't say pkers need to change what they do: they merely need to accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness. It's not a "rule", it's a fact of life.

my comment would be the writer of this article is a total [developmentally delayed] that goes onto NH PKing because he's not good enough to achieve anything pk WITH honor.

Ladies and gentlemen of Tip.It, I give you someone who missed the point...

the way i see it is that honour is simplily another one of those survival techniques, instead of people bringing binds and teleblocks, they instead decided to bring their silver tounges (or keyboards?) and talk their opponents into a free bind, teleblock and eliminating pretty much any other advantage they have without using a single item, so imo, people who have the skill to do this deserve to use it just as much as the people who can resist "honour" deserve to use their skills as well.

That's a very interesting point, and the first good argument for honour pking I've heard... well, ever. Good one, I hadn't thought of that.

Edited with more comments.

"Live as though you were to die tomorrow. Learn as though you were to live forever."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

well the general gist of the article seems to say that people should be able to use all the skills available to them in order to survive and acheive victory in the wilderness and that honour shouldnt really have a place.

the way i see it is that honour is simplily another one of those survival techniques, instead of people bringing binds and teleblocks, they instead decided to bring their silver tounges (or keyboards?) and talk their opponents into a free bind, teleblock and eliminating pretty much any other advantage they have without using a single item, so imo, people who have the skill to do this deserve to use it just as much as the people who can resist "honour" deserve to use their skills as well.

Mostly I cant comment on it, never pked with any great seriousness but I want to take issue with one part namely - protection prayers.

Firstly I think the damn things unbalance the entire game and need altering, but thats another issue, in the wildy however their use is to me questionable; I'll explain this with a series of scenarios.

Player 1 vs Player 2 - both mains with 43+ prayer. Using protection prayers in this situation is just damned silly, both players can use them, I'm sure both players can afford prayer pots - using them gives you no advantage (as the other can and will use them), wastes money and just makes the fight long and dull ( 0 - 0 - 0 - 9 - 0 - 1 - 0 etc)

Player 1 vs Player 2, one a main with 43+ prayer one a pure with 1 prayer. Sure use protection prayers all you want, the pure sacrificed it willingly for combat levels and you will actually gain an advantage.

Just in the first scenario I can see no point, can you explain why players in that situation (which the majority of w18 pking is as im lead to believe) should use protection prayer?

yeh thanks.

my comment would be the writer of this article is a total [developmentally delayed] that goes onto NH PKing because he's not good enough to achieve anything pk WITH honor.

By honour, you mean "not saving yourself when you know you're going to die and/or not making sure you don't lose too much", don't you? If you really want an "honorable" fight, use teleblock or a Dragon Scimitar special so that they're practically defenseless. Go to the Duel Arena, even. Just GROW UP and stop whining!

Right. Rant over.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

=D> Finally, someone else voices the views that shoot down 95% of the stupid, slow witted pkers that need their competitor to die for them to be "honourable"! I've been waiting for something like this article for so long, kudos to the author =D>. Gotta wonder about their logic sometimes though.. :roll: (Like I'm going to ice blitz you when you stand right next to me, and I'm going to let you pummel me when I can just as easily dash away, and keep knocking the hell out of you...:roll:)

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

i agree entirely! only 'noobs' call people noobs for running i personally only ever went to the wilderness to collect the music, every time i was attacked and ran with protect prayers people screamed abuse at me. there the real 'noobs'

Flammor, could you please stop using long words you don't understand... it doesn't make you sound smart, it makes you sound like a poser. And yes, I despise the stupidity of w18 pking, but I don't say pkers need to change what they do: they merely need to accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness. It's not a "rule", it's a fact of life.

If I used words incorrectly, please point them out. If you cannot, I'll assume your baseless accusations are born out of jealousy.

"...I don't say pkers need to change what they do: they merely need to accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness. It's not a "rule", it's a fact of life."

lol you're struggling pretty hard to avoid the dilemma. In the very same sentence you claim that pkers don't need to change what they do, and specify exactly what it is that they need to change in what they do-- namely "accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness". You seem to be unaware that "to accept" is a verb. Again, you contradict yourself, but I'll argue against your latter position since it seems to be the one you really mean.

My first issue with your argument is that you haven't established that pkers don't accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness. If we take a close look at the matter, it's apparent that the ability to break the rules of honor that certain pkers have established is not only accepted by the pkers, but is necessary to this issue even existing-- since your entire article was about you disapproving of the ways in which pkers responded to those who broke the unwritten rules. This issue is a very complicated one, the way in which you carelessly intermix "can" and "should" and "do" renders any meaningful conclusion impossible.

My second issue with your argument is, as I've already stated, its hypocritical nature. You said " they merely need to accept that anyone can do whatever they like in the wilderness." Well, you need to accept that too. The pkers can do whatever they like in the wilderness just as well as you can, if what they like includes making up rules of honor that you dislike, then just stay away from them. Trying to convince them to stop doing something, based on the premise that they can do whatever they like, is completely insane. I'm not trying to be insulting, just honest.

I don't agree with this at all. Someone, please, tell me where the fun is in TELEPORTING? At least running requires SOME knowledge. Personally, when I go in the wildy, I have more to lose than to gain, yet I never bring teles. I run, instead of teleporting. I believe in wilderness honors. I've been PKing since around very early 2002, and I've been an "honorable" player. Call me stupid, but I believe in honor. I would rather die than teleport. Running, I'm fine with. Safing, I'm fine with. Using cheap items, I'm fine with unless they are very very cheap. Praying, I'm fine with! Teleporting. I am totally against!

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

I don't agree with this at all. Someone, please, tell me where the fun is in TELEPORTING? At least running requires SOME knowledge. Personally, when I go in the wildy, I have more to lose than to gain, yet I never bring teles. I run, instead of teleporting. I believe in wilderness honors. I've been PKing since around very early 2002, and I've been an "honorable" player. Call me stupid, but I believe in honor. I would rather die than teleport. Running, I'm fine with. Safing, I'm fine with. Using cheap items, I'm fine with unless they are very very cheap. Praying, I'm fine with! Teleporting. I am totally against!

what you personally do is ok but if you believe that other players should do the same then your just arrogant

I really didn't like the aritcle..

You seem to think that just because you can do it, you should do it and thats not always the case.

Teleporting from fights is just lame... i waste 3 prayer pots, 20 sharks on a person, and they don't have the decency to atleast run.

Im perfectly fine with running unless it was a dm in which case its just stupid, since you have make an agreement not to run and you do anyway.

And why fight with protection prayers? just makes the whole fight boring because no one can hit anything...

Im beginning to think the editor is one of those annoying people i try to advoid in wild, one of those people who cant just have a fair great fight, but has to ruin it by teleports prayers etc..

[My Rambles: just wrote what came to mind]

[im talking about the application of "honour-rules" in edge fights where the player has a large chance to just run, as opposed to fights in lvl 20+]

[Amen 0ne time]

[And one final thing... all the people who seem to be in favour of this article are either pathetic pkers, or people who don't pk at all.....]

"farcast" -- using ice magic or entangle to hold someone then attacking them from a distance (which is what the spells are for);

Farcaster: A term used by those who don't train magic for those that do.

If you're gridlocked in a battle with two people praying melee against each other, Do the smart thing and switch combat styles.

I agree 1000% with this article.

Dagganoth Kings Drops: Berserker Ring (x1) D Axe (x2) Seercull (x1) Archer Ring (x1) Seers Ring (x1) Mud staff (x1)