Goraks and why i love them

leebrave

Well firstly they are so cute :)

They are mainly used in the 2nd part of Fairy Tale quest, you need to get a claw from one to make magic essence potion (+3 magic).

Last month i did lunar diplomacy and have loved lunar magics since but my problem was that I only had a low lvl and wanted to do better spells.

I remembered these guys and thought I could benefit a few different skills by killing them, firstly you get the claws for the potion (yes i can buy mage boost in yanille but no exp is given) which in turn boosts your Herblore by 130 each time, they also drop a vast amount of gems probably 50% of the time good for crafting. They also drop half keys, nature tallismans and rune spears quite regularly, the other things on the tip it drop list are few and far between.

Only thing before you may want to fight them is that they are lvl 145's and are no weaklings, your prayer won't work.

2 hours a day fighting them via the very handy fairy ring and i can usually walk away with atleast 100+ gems easy, a few rune spears good alching 12k i think it is and always a crystal key or more than one.

You will use alot of food fighting these but, I normally then use the fairy rings again and go up to fight brine rats to replenish my fish stores and get some deaths at the same time.

These are probably my favourite things to fight at the moment but im sure alot dont like them, I do rarely see people there.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week

Cool, you know there is a safe spot in there, right?

I'm not sure how to explain the safe, but there is one, i know.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mmost ive had in 2 hours is 4 which is amazing usually i get 1 or 2, can you explain safe spot?

Take a good pic of the area, all way around to where the clouds start and I can.

Or you can pm me on tipit, remind me to add you in rs and ill show you.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The monster I love the most (to slay) is Flesh Crawlers in the Stronghold of Security (member's world). The reason is that they drop a considerable amount of good herbs, half keys, and fire, nature, and dust runes! Also, you get a good amount of experience down there if you are a lower level. <3:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

well i just got my half shield :)

:shock:

oh wow... now i know how good are they.

Are they melee monsters?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I explored that plane before and killed a few goraks then i realised they were a good gem dropper. My way to block monsters seem to always work as long as they take up more than one square, then it's easy to block them and range/mage them easily. Notice the cloud barrier near the perimeter? I have not experimented if you can shoot through them

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

They are awful xp and waste too much food imo. If I want cash I fight green dragons.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I dont fight them for cash, i fight them for herblore and gems

As you have experience for them:

How often do they drop the claw?

How many and how often do they drop gems?

How much food do you use per gorak at what combat level?

What style of attack do you use?

And is it really good herblore experience? Or is it better experience just killing chaos druids and using those herbs?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I might have to try those out when I get my membership back. The only time I was there was when I was getting the claw for the quest. I don't even remember what the buggers look like. :oops:

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I might have to try those out when I get my membership back. The only time I was there was when I was getting the claw for the quest. I don't even remember what the buggers look like. :oops:

I can't remember what they look like either...

I buy the wizard mind bomb beer instead...seems easier to get and it's the same magic boosts. Then again if you make the drink, it's 3 dose instead of the 1 gulp from beer.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Sounds like it's worth a shot, is the safe-spot useable for halberd's?

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

As you have experience for them:

How often do they drop the claw? Average is 5-8 claws per trip

How many and how often do they drop gems? Average is 8-10 per trip

How much food do you use per gorak at what combat level? I use lobs mostly im lvl 104 combat.

What style of attack do you use? I use my skimmy or anchor and use all styles depending on which i want to gain.

And is it really good herblore experience? Or is it better experience just killing chaos druids and using those herbs? Well since i like geting 130 exp per pot I think it is, it can take a while but dont forget your benefitting with other things - gems - nature talismans - Half keys (got 4 so far today) and other good drops.

As for food well thats not a problem for me since i use the rings to go to the brine rats - and as many know they drop alot of noted lobs, sharks.

This isnt everyones thing but i dont see th point in killing chao druids etc for 4-10 exp each herb - its long winded and my task is to get to anti drag breath this is one good way for me.

Last run it did when typing this

I buried probably 20 bones. and used 25 lobs

Almost at 200 claws after 3 days fighting goraks prob around 5 hours a day - 7 and bit trips to the flowers and hey presto ill take 26000 herblore exp please - get that with chaos druids in 3 days, oh and ill thankfully take the 12 half keys (think it was 12) over 200 gems, a few rune spears and javelins and 20 nature talismans.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week