*Fashion*

jin_sakura226

I'm telling you now, the whole jeans below your bum thing is extremely comfortable. I love it.

Short skirts, long skirts, both can be sexy. It's not the style, but your style of wearing it. I'm sure Scarlett Johansson could make dungeries look attractive.

Just saw the prestige. ::'

To be honest, it doesn't bother me if people wear stuff I don't like. I may develop negative opinions of them, I don't care a lot.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol same but...

We have uniforms:

-hunter green polo with maximum of 3 buttons

-pleated khaki pants, no cargo, no pockets in front, no brads; must have belt loops

-black/brown belt, no brads or any metal on it at all

-lanyard school provides, student ID attached and must wear all the time

-shoes with no Spongebob laces or red or blue (Gang related. wth)

-nothing on heads or arms allowed

-no colored hair

-no wallet chains

-no hoodies

-no sweaters

-no half jackets

-can't zip up jackets

-only white undershirt

And a lot more bull....

That's not a uniform. That's a dress code for a bloody concentration camp.

Uniforms are supposed to have at least some modicum of style.

I stoped caring about it, but I should get into it a little bit again.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

That's not a uniform. That's a dress code for a bloody concentration camp.

Uniforms are supposed to have at least some modicum of style.

Yea, I read it and at the "pleated khaki pants" bit i was all "yea... that's a prision camp of some sorts".

@Serephurus: does your school have 10' fences with razor wire across the top surrounding the grounds?

The school's been sued before because they wouldn't segregate (few years ago) and they got sued this year because they wouldn't let us wear black armbands that were a symbol of protest against the uniform policy. Thirty kids get OSS then the school gets slammed with suits.

Good idea. :twisted:

We have this problem. Right now we have a new dress code, no hoodies, ID's on at all times, etc, and they said that if people protested or didn't follow the dress code, we would get uniforms. And it's not our principle, who actually is against it, but the bloody district. :evil: Worst part is, it's due to other schools who have bad violence, our school doesn't have these problems, we're just affected. :(

We're a public school too BTW.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Compared to some school's uniform mine is really quite good.

Black shoes

Black pants/skirts

White polo shirt

Black jumper

We can wear minimal make-up ie no orange faces just a bit of lip gloss and eye shadow

A braclet and watch

and a small pair of studded earings.

But now i am in 6th form i can wear anything out of my wardrobe. I wear what i want but i am a bit of a shop a holic, infact i am so bad i have an extra room just for all my clothes, shoes ect ect and even then i have a wardrobe in my actual bedroom and a one in my games room full to the brim of clothes and shoes.. Well i am girl and i love to shop.

I hate models, fads and fashion.

Case closed

Does it make ya feel better if the models hate you too? And BTW I take offense to that, I am a model and you hate me. :cry:

Ha Ha Ha! I don't care if you hate, go ahead. :shame:

You must die....

tifsbti6oi.gif

Why do people hate people who follow fashion, live and let live...

Maybe they like to follow fashion, just as you like to choose not to and be "rebel".

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I like to buy things too look good, most people do and most people who say they don't, do too. And I like fashion too, I occasionally go to fashion shows, been to the clothes show lives for the past couple of years at the NEC arena. I find fashion exciting and luring. I know it doesn't seem good but theres more to fashion than looking good, theres making the pattern, measuring etc etc. I guess looking good is a main part though

But people who pick others for not dressing up to their expectations are pathetic and need a big reality slap.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Maybe they like to follow fashion, just as you like to choose not to and be "rebel".

Exactly. I mean, I'd rather date someone who tries to look good then someone who's just like, whatever.

And as Star said, there's more to fashion then most people think. It's an art form, a way of expressing yourself.

I think people have the wrong idea when it comes to fashion. They think Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Abecrombi and Fitch, Hollister, but most people I meet look good just with normal clothes from the sales and clearance rack, and mix it up and make it look good. Heck, I know people who look good mixing up clothes they bought from thrift shops.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I go to a public school.

Wow... isnt that like a violation of rights or something? Thats garbage. you should sue your school to get it changed..

I heard some kids say something like that but I didn't know you could sue.

The school's been sued before because they wouldn't segregate (few years ago) and they got sued this year because they wouldn't let us wear black armbands that were a symbol of protest against the uniform policy. Thirty kids get OSS then the school gets slammed with suits.

Good idea. :twisted:

My friend in college was telling me, that in NJ atleast, if you have enough 18 year olds that attend the school (seniors), you can vote off certain school laws / board of Ed. members. There was a public school he was telling me about (I don't remember which), that was considering creating a dress code/ uniform, and it was about to be approved. 129 18 year old seniors went to the meeting, read the law that stated that they could do this, and voted not only to reject the uniform code, but also voted every single cabinet member off. Im not shure how true this is, but it seems acurate since you are an adult at 18 and have the right to vote, and you attend the school, so you technically do have a say.

happiehour.jpeg

A reason to dislike fashion is that it's considered normal to have an interest in fashion. If you have clothes that are totally out of fashion, there is a big chance a lot of people will think less of you and they might make fun of you. I don't see why an interest in fashion should be considered greater than an interest in anything else.

untitledyw7.png

A reason to dislike fashion is that it's considered normal to have an interest in fashion. If you have clothes that are totally out of fashion, there is a big chance a lot of people will think less of you and they might make fun of you. I don't see why an interest in fashion should be considered greater than an interest in anything else.

Because it's a cold fact of life that when people look at you they make an opinion about you. Thats why people turn up to board rooms with suits on and not jeans and a t-shirt. I agree that it shouldn't be more of an interest than anything else, but it is. I don't care what you wear, but i find it interesting a reason to dislike what others wear is because a minority of people may possibly look down on you. Seems quite a stereotypical view for someone who thinks they are a victim of stereotyping.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Because it's a cold fact of life that when people look at you they make an opinion about you. Thats why people turn up to board rooms with suits on and not jeans and a t-shirt. I agree that it shouldn't be more of an interest than anything else, but it is. I don't care what you wear, but i find it interesting a reason to dislike what others wear is because a minority of people may possibly look down on you. Seems quite a stereotypical view for someone who thinks they are a victim of stereotyping.

Good example, another is Prom. Would you go to Prom in a t-shirt and jeans, or would you buy a $200+ tuxedo? Would you want your date to wear a t-shirt and jeans, or buy a beautiful dress?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Good example, another is Prom. Would you go to Prom in a t-shirt and jeans, or would you buy a $200+ tuxedo? Would you want your date to wear a t-shirt or jeans, or buy a beautiful dress?

Not to mention, you probably feel alot better (confidence - wise) in a 200$ tux.

happiehour.jpeg

Not sure if I understand what you're saying. But to me fashion isn't really a problem, as it doesn't affect me a lot. I'm talking about people I've seen who are more or less forced to spend a lot of money on clothes in order to fit in. I wouldn't dream of trying to fit in with a group who valued your clothing style more than your other interests/personality. People should try what I did recently, wear your ugliest clothes and go out looking like you do first thing in the morning. It's kind of liberating, not wondering if you or other people think you look good today, since you know you look terrible.

untitledyw7.png

Not sure if I understand what you're saying. But to me fashion isn't really a problem, as it doesn't affect me a lot. I'm talking about people I've seen who are more or less forced to spend a lot of money on clothes in order to fit in. I wouldn't dream of trying to fit in with a group who valued your clothing style more than your other interests/personality. People should try what I did recently, wear your ugliest clothes and go out looking like you do first thing in the morning. It's kind of liberating, not wondering if you or other people think you look good today, since you know you look terrible.

thats your version of trying to fit it. hypocritical, isn't it?

Good example, another is Prom. Would you go to Prom in a t-shirt and jeans, or would you buy a $200+ tuxedo? Would you want your date to wear a t-shirt and jeans, or buy a beautiful dress?

I wore a very nice suit to my formal this year. Guess what, cost me $11.25 at the thrift store. Probably would of cost me about 75$ for the whole thing.

Everyone thought i spent about 150$. When i told them the real price, they were amazed.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I'm not fashion-oriented. I try to look neat, but that's it.

That's just it. You want to look nice, so you're fashionable. Not in the traditional sense, but still fashionable.

Neat, not nice. I make sure I don't smell bad, I'm clean, that I have a little bit of variety in what I wear day-to-day, and that I brush my hair. Besides that, if I want to wear a striped polo shirt and purple shorts, I'm damn well wearing a striped polo shirt and purple shorts. Not that I would ever want to, but..

My attire is 100% jean pants. Always, even in PE (loose jeans during PE). I usually wear my touque (because it keeps my hair out of my face and my head warm). And I wear any old t-shirt + my rain jacket, my hoodie, or my denim sleeves. Not... very... fashionable.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

thats your version of trying to fit it. hypocritical, isn't it?

I was thinking more of why you look yourself in the mirror every morning. We all want to look good, I'm not denying that. But the people I was hanging out with on that day of ugliness didn't treat me much differently, though my brother said he didn't like my clothes. Neither did I, so I just laughed. My point is: Our society places to much emphasis on fashion and looks. Your clothes shouldn't define who you are.

I'll share a story explaining my views:

Last week there was a fashion show at a shopping centre in my town. I didn't know of it before I got there but as I was there and had to wait for my friends I sat down on a bench and started watching. The models were beautiful and had nice looking clothes. I was amazed by how picture perfect they all looked. On the bench beside me sat a mom with a perambulator, a crying baby and three other children having trouble remaining still. She looked dead tired which wasn't strange considering she had to look after four kids at a shopping centre. It was such a great contrast to the glamorous models. To me the most beautiful woman wasn't one of the models but the tired mom who loved and looked after her children.

untitledyw7.png