Tip.It Times Presents: The Ditch of Stupidity

Kiara_Kat

Great article. The RuneScapers have driven Jagex to make this "unnessesary" step. I do believe this ditch is dumb and should be removed. But hey, if it stops luring, then whatev.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ditch was a fine update (especially since it prevents people from being pked on the way to monks from edgeville and from being pked at the black knights ledge), but it needs to be improved graphically.

Yes, people can be dumb, but if someone is lured for their first time with a pantload of money on them it will indeed be a hard lesson to swallow. Let's keep them from having to learn that lesson in the first place. What do y'all think?

I think the ditch was a fine update (especially since it prevents people from being pked on the way to monks from edgeville and from being pked at the black knights ledge), but it needs to be improved graphically.

Yes, people can be dumb, but if someone is lured for their first time with a pantload of money on them it will indeed be a hard lesson to swallow. Let's keep them from having to learn that lesson in the first place. What do y'all think?

I agree with you. New players might not know about the Wildy.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Not a truer word ever was spoken...

Though post that on RS forums and see how much of a burning you get from Jagex' Mod Squad ;)

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

HERES A TITLE FOR YOU!!!!!!

Tip.it times present: The editor, he doesn't care about peoples feelings!

HELLO!! THE DITCH WAS THERE FOR A REASON YOU STUPID FOOLISH MEAN IDIOT!!!!!!!

Jagex does NOT put updates in for no reason or to annoy people!!!

Do you honestly think jagex would put it in JUST to annoy people?

HELL NO!! WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT!?!?!?!?!

I've been lured twice(And [be quiet] about it!!). And I l;ost a total of about 1.5mil.

Not because I was stupid. I'm far smarter then to do that! Both times they traded and walked in so when I traded back I walked in wildy and got pked. ALL BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING TO STOP ME!!

NO THATS IMPOSSIBLE YOU IDIOT!! so what, nats cost mor, so what an abbys trip takes 1 more hole SECOND!! did you notice that there's less wildy you gota run through you idiot?!?!?!?

Please show some disancy and realise that it IS there for a reason and ALWAYS WILL be there. Woopy doo!! it takes 1 extra second to into the wildy!!

While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no constructive criticism in what you have posted. Please refrain from such pointless flaming and follow the rules outlined in the lead post.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

true, jagex is nursing the noobs... but from what i see so far, i think it miss a point that 90% of tip.it cares, only because it slow down their rc trips... yea, we are selfish greedy kids...

constructive criticism? blah, i dont care, ditch the ditch!

I heard it actually speeds up abyss trips overall, since hopping over the ditch is as fast as running that distance but takes no energy. You just need to get a good rhythm going for it.

Intelligent people learn from their mistakes, those that do not do so, never get anywhere.

Clearly, those who do not care to learn from their mistakes have not heard of the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Lythiaren.gif

Wow "The Editor" has really gone off his rocker this time.

"The Ditch of Stupidity" should have been there from day 1. Don't forget, this game is targeted at children. Children like to explore. Also, mean children like to trick the other children into doing something they wouldn't normally do. This new wilderness is a great asset to new and inexperienced players who are most frequently the victims of lurers and scammers.

I say Bravo Jagex, Job Well Done!

To "The Editor" I say, we were all newbies once, if you had started during Runescape 2 at a younger age and had no guidance you may very well have been one of those unfortunate enough to be lured into the wilderness or inadvertantly stumble in.

Probably the younger people dosn't have a big fortune of worhty stuff, so what do they lose? Maybe some armour worth 10-20k? And if they really get lured, what do they learn? Never go into the wilderness with items you don't want to lose..

I don't know what's the best.. Lose 20k as a new player or a party hat as a little more experienced player?

~Warstarter2

mithmstrcape,Warstarter2.gif

I agree with the editor it's a silly idea, when people get lured or scammed for the most part they learn their lesson, and if they learn it early enough then it isn't much that they end up losing and their better off for it, Throwing in a ditch does not change anything there will always be people dense enough to forgo common sense.

thorpart19tk.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Jumping back and forth from the ditch is pretty much fun to practice my long jumps for the future, and lose my butt fat.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

The only logical reason to object to the ditch is if you have lost income through a reduced ability to lure people into the wilderness. All other objections are simply cover excuses for lurers. Thus, if you object to the ditch you must be a lurer.

maidenmail4r1c2sv6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

wow, such a great article, and you're completely right about people not learning until they finally get "hurt" i lost around 500k's worth of stuff one time from a hacking (i was a real noob back then, that was a huuugggee fortune to me) because i gave my pass... now i change my pass around once evre 2 months, and reset my recovery questions 2/3 times a year, i should probably change my pin soon too

THIS IS A SIG!

addymrune,mouseydude.gif

mouseydude.png

I can't say that it's the best written of the Times articles. But it was a good read with some good content. By the way, I do hate the hell out of that stupid ditch.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

I agree about the stupidity thing.

I remember my friend getting hacked out of his lvl 110 and his pure pker, he got em back after lots of work, and lost all his stuff :cry: Keeps his stuff safe now, since even with a bank pin your items are not 100% safe from keyloggers.

Dude I hate siggies...

I think the ditch is a great idea, enugh to warn the un knowing, cool enough to jump. Neat place for Maging the skeletons, w/ crumble undead spell. They can't cross to you (I hope). Excellent article, about the stupidity thing, some HAVE to learn the hard way.

Totally agree on the whiners, oh woe is me pitty potters, I hate going to Lumby and many of the banks for that reason. Soo many wanting free stuff, 'I died', 'I'm broke' beggars, (would be nice to be able to stop them following and beggin). One continualy followed asking for 100K for 20 mins in Lumby. I shut off chat, etc, etc... still followed me. So I went to the jail, (the guards don't mess with me anymore, but whacked me a couple of times as a noob). My new shadow follows me, I stand there guards ignoring me, he is taking a bunch of hit points, I start walking in the other direction thinking mebe he got the mesage. But he runs back to follow me yet again, so I stood back with the guards, finally he ran off pretty hurt had lost at least 15HP to the guards. Is that pathetic or what. (But thank you jail guards, I will remember that little ploy) Another time I gave a poor person (so I thought) a bronxe pick axe, it's some thing if you have nothing. U can make quit a bit of cash with a bronze pick axe, although it does entail some work. This well meaning gift was met with a torrent of abusive language (which i reported) stating didn't want stuff like that, he wants cash.

All of these though, you can please some of the people some of the time, you cannot please all the people all the time. Just do whats right, you'll be good to go. What you need will be provided for you.

Totally awsome world folks, can't wait till we can set up the game center in our construction house to play RL (real life).

Footnote: Everyone who likes to play the game honestly and fairly, please, please report the bots as often as you can. it is the only way we can help rid the world of them. I counted 22 bots, cutting 4 willows and two yews in Draynor on Saturday. Lets not even start on how many in the flax feild, or rune essence mine, I can never find poor Aubrey buried beneath the bots.

Jagex has its own lessons to learn, but nobody is there to teach them. First, it's a game. Touching the hot stove in real life may hurt, but on runescape? A minor healthy jolt to the senses. And, as a game, it is more important to be fun for the masses than to annoy the masses and cater to those who need someone else to think for them. Even in real life, there are some stupid people who get drunk everyday and get all sorts of medical problems. But was prohibition a good idea? NO. It failed miserably. So Jagex: let us have some fun. The more ditches of stupidity you make, the more likely people are to fall in them and never get back out.