360 or wii?

RpgGamer

i'm sure we've all thought about buying the nextgen systems by now. but which one is better for actual purchase, the wii or the 360? if your wondering why im not including the Ps3, its because its rediculously overpriced, and no amount of bluray DvD's can change that. Im leaning towards the 360 cause im a halo nut and the 360 online is very promising. However the wii is a bit cheaper and has potential for a very nice star wars game. Personally i find the wiiote virtually unweildly. however the 360 controler is very comfortable, especially compared to the orginal Xbox controller. So which one would you buy and why?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Price:

Wii: It's worth the what $200 it costs.

Xbox: I'd have to say a tad bit overpriced. $300 is a lot for a game system.

Games:

Wii: I see some good potential here in the next year/months.

Xbox: Currently the best games imo.

Controllers:

Wii: I love it! It's so fun to play with

Xbox 360: It's pretty comfortable, it has buttons that are rock hard, but arn't soft as a feather

Price:

360 = $300? I didn't realize it was so cheap?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Price:

$300, $400 I forget. I got the more expensive one, I'd say most people probably get the $300 bundle.

Price:

$300, $400 I forget. I got the more expensive one, I'd say most people probably get the $300 bundle.

Sweet I didn't realize they lowered the price that low. I thought they were like AT LEAST $400. Maybe me and my friend will buy one for our dorm next year =P

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Price:

Sweet I didn't realize they lowered the price that low. I thought they were like AT LEAST $400. Maybe me and my friend will buy one for our dorm next year =P

They're 400 unless you don't want a hardrive, kido. :)

I'd have to say 360 personaly.

Is the hard drive just for memory for saving games? Would I be able to live with the one that game on it by default, if it has one?

You really don't wanna get a 360 without a hard drive, trust me.

I don't even think you can access LIVE without a Hard Drive. Why they sell it in different bundles is beyond me. And having owned one but played both, i'd say 360 is the better buy. There are so many games and it's by far got the best online experience (never tried ps3 though, but since i've never heard anything about it...). Not saying Wii isn't fun though :)

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

If you are also planning on having a decent PC for gaming then the answer is the Wii. A good PC can easily out preform the PS3 or 360, and most Xbox games would also be on the PC. The Wii offers a gaming experience which (at this time) can not be achieved on a PC.

If you are not going to get a gaming PC in the near future then the 360 is a worthy choice. You already seem to like the Xbox from your inital post so you should go for it.

If u think 300 bucks is a lot for a system, id assume u wud laugh at the ps3, at least because it costs twice as much.

Btw, most ppl buy the $400 Premium, not the $300 core. The Core system is a watered-down rip off. Its missing the harddrive, alone which is 100 bucks, as well as about another 50 or so bucks worth of items. Of course, the $480 Elite is coming out soon.

Anyway, id say the 360 seeing that i have one. The Wii may be innovative, but its using outdated tech and i doubt it wud last more than a year. And it has few excellent games, and compared to Xbox Live, the Wii's online service is trash (at least i assume it is from wat i hear, i never tried it personally).

But really its better if u make ur own choice and not base it on those of other ppl from random online forums :thumbsup:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

The Wii may be innovative, but its using outdated tech and i doubt it wud last more than a year.

I had hours of fun today at school with a simple bouncy ball :-s

I think those have been around... decades?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

The Wii may be innovative, but its using outdated tech and i doubt it wud last more than a year.

The Xbox and the PS are also using outdated technology. The GPU in the PS is based on G70 technology while G80 GPU are already widely available and they offer significant performance increases over the G70 range. The only part of the PS3 which is not outdated is the blu-ray player.

It is possible to build a PC with superior performance (excluding blu-ray player) then the PS3 for only slightly more. The PC would be cheaper if you include a couple of PS controllers. Such a PC would be supiour in almost every way.

The Xbox360 is basically similar to the PS3 but lacks blu-ray and includes a less interesting CPU. It is also a bit cheaper.

The Nintendo Wii on the other hand is the only console whose key features have not already been surpassed. The Wii is the only current console not relaying on outdated technology. The Wii control system is unquie and I have not seen a new technology which does a better job. The Wii is the only current console which is not outdated tech.

I would go with 360. I have a 360 but I have friends who have a Wii or PS3 and I still say 360 is best. Then again, I'm a Microsoft fanboy so what can you expect?

I own both.

The 360 has the better library at this point, but I personally believe owning a Wii will be better in the long run. Third-party support is slowly tiding from Sony to Nintendo (Like Square Enix, for example, they had an article in EGM explaining that the PS3 isn't in their future plans), as you can see in upcoming Wii and DS titles (well, it's been like that on the DS for a while now).